View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I’d say he’s more like John Stewart. More popular in outside media and to casual fans than to comic fans. Kyle has barley been used outside of comics but I do get your comparison. Though to be fair it’s nowt the same since the only thing Jaime and Ted have in common is the hero name (different villains, support cast, myths...etc).
    I agree that Jaime is more analogous to John Stewart than Kyle Raynar in that regards.

Quote Originally Posted by BringMe_YoungManLogan View Post
    There you go. The verdict is in by a landslide (so far), but will DC ever bring back Ted Kord? No. Are any of these replacable heroes (Reyes, Kyle Rayner, Connor Hawke, Renee Montoya, Azrael ect, ect) as popular as the fan favourites they replaced? No.

Are DC going to replace fan favourite heroes again? Yes. Do any of them have good business sense? No.

Apologies, just venting. I actually don't mind Reyes, it's just that he's not Ted Kord.
    Been mentioned, but it warrants reiteration: this thread's poll isn't indicative of the relative or comparative popularities of Jaime and Ted, especially since these forums have a demographic that skews towards those who tend to prefer older characters, incarnations, and story lines than newer ones. Besides, fans of comic book media doesn't begin or end here. In addition, Ted has had more consistent appearances and cameos in comics since Rebirth than Jaime has.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-10-2020 at 06:23 AM.