View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Wow...

In a way, Ted's gone full circle.

From being killed my Maxwell Lord to becoming Maxwell Lord.

Unless Mr. Taylor comes up with some convoluted explanation of the whole situation which boils down to "that wasn't really Ted Kord" or everything ends up being forgotten one the storyline ends, we're going to witness some serious bull**** in the coming months.

Oh, well... at least Suicide Squad is not an event series.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Having read the spoiler, my initial reaction is:

“Huh”.

And then the first question that comes to mind is:

spoilers:
    How does this jibe w. Ted Kord in the latest issue of The Terrifics, which also came out today?
    end of spoilers
    Listen... do you remember when comic books had something called an "editorial staff" whose job was to guarantee a modicum of consistency throughout the line?

Well, those days are over. And they've been over at least for a decade and a half.
    Last edited by Powertool; 05-26-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Possibly more controversial then exciting. I’ll leave spoilers but I really think it should be read blind for maximum story potential. It’s in Suicide Squad #5 today. But seriously you’ve been warned, read the story over the spoilers.

spoilers:
    It’s revealed that the person running the Suicide Squad the entire time throughout Tom Taylor’s new run has been none other then Ted Kord. Kord is the man giving the orders to Lok and his men and sending the Squad on missions. Besides that, the Squad has escaped captivity, removed their bombs, and are on the run with heroes after them while trying to hunt down Ted Kord.

Not sure what Taylor’s end game is, but the Squad’s target is Kord and Kord's sending people after the Squad. It would appear that Ted Kord going to be involved heavily in the book from now on.
    end of spoilers
    ...Not sure how I feel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Not sure how I feel about this.
    I mean I am under the assumption that there is more to this story then Taylor has let us know. For me its too much of a unforeseen for it to just be "hey lets make Ted evil". I mean the series started out with Amanda Waller being removed, that means there has to be something story wise out there that tells us why Kord has taken over where Waller and the Government left off.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Wow...

In a way, Ted's gone full circle.

From being killed my Maxwell Lord to becoming Maxwell Lord.

Unless Mr. Taylor comes up with some convoluted explanation of the whole situation which boils down to "that wasn't really Ted Kord" or everything ends up being forgotten one the storyline ends, we're going to witness some serious bull**** in the coming months.

Oh, well... at least Suicide Squad is not an event series.

Listen... do you remember when comic books had something called an "editorial staff" whose job was to guarantee a modicum of consistency throughout the line?

Well, those days are over. And they've been over at least for a decade and a half.
    ^^^an editorial WHAT?

I mean I am under the assumption that there is more to this story then Taylor has let us know. For me its too much of a unforeseen for it to just be "hey lets make Ted evil". I mean the series started out with Amanda Waller being removed, that means there has to be something story wise out there that tells us why Kord has taken over where Waller and the Government left off.
    ^^^yeah. I’m not going to flip out.

...yet.

Taylor’s Suicide Squad has been one of the best books out there. I’m gonna wait and see where he goes with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^an editorial WHAT?
    Yeah, I know. It almost sounds like a term from a dead language.

Hard to imagine that there was a time when an Editor-in-chief at Marvel made every writer include out of season snow in every published book to keep the whole universe consistent with the events in ONE title.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Taylor’s Suicide Squad has been one of the best books out there. I’m gonna wait and see where he goes with this.

Oof... if that isn't a scathing indictment of the state of the industry.

Something tells me they’re going to kill him off again, why else bring him into the book in such a role.

Well if Ted does get a Max Lord-like villain turn at the very least it’s looking like DC will be doing a reboot within the next year or so. It probably won’t last long. There’s too much stuff going on right now that won’t be fixed without a reboot. Superman revealing his secret identity to the world and the death of Alfred are two of the big ones.

Possibly more controversial then exciting. I’ll leave spoilers but I really think it should be read blind for maximum story potential. It’s in Suicide Squad #5 today. But seriously you’ve been warned, read the story over the spoilers.

spoilers:
    It’s revealed that the person running the Suicide Squad the entire time throughout Tom Taylor’s new run has been none other then Ted Kord. Kord is the man giving the orders to Lok and his men and sending the Squad on missions. Besides that, the Squad has escaped captivity, removed their bombs, and are on the run with heroes after them while trying to hunt down Ted Kord.

Not sure what Taylor’s end game is, but the Squad’s target is Kord and Kord's sending people after the Squad. It would appear that Ted Kord going to be involved heavily in the book from now on.
    end of spoilers
    what in the world???

that doesn't make any sense...

i read in a different thread that that person might be from the dark multiverse, that might be a good explanation.

in addition to the terrifics, ted also appeared in action comics 1022. he, along with some of the smartest person in the dcu was able to deduce that the dcu has been "rebooted".

Back in the 1986 series, Kord's company was a star under Ted. "Second only to S.T.A.R." I know it was headquartered in Chicago, but do we know if there were any other locations? Seems like there would have to be for it to compete with STAR's 25 locations.

So, I'm trying to find any canonical info. Without it, I will just make up locations for headcanon universe (it's a mishmash of eras, mostly).

I looked up where Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers were most numerous. Boston and Los Angeles are high for both. Chicago for Mechanical, but didn't make top 10 for electrical. Houston appears on both lists, though higher for mechanical engineers. Detroit is high for both. Would those be the sort Ted would want to hire for his cutting edge research? Besides engineers, what would other good job titles to look for for a research firm like his? While there is a certain possibility of "build it and they will come", I was thinking choosing to locate in cities that already had a high talent pool to poach from. Or at least desirable cities that talent would want to move to.

But back to the original point - do we know if there are multiple locations and what any of them are - except Chicago?
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-03-2020 at 06:18 PM.

It’s kind of amazing that DC has just given up on Jaime. The corporate statement is that they want more diversity in the DCU, but the one Hispanic character with any mainstream success is shelved. Any progress is completely sunk.

There’s room in the DCU for both Ted and Jamie as they have such different abilities, character designs, and niches.