View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

119178204_10158774300253485_8112036643126005603_o.jpg

DC's promo image for Hispanic Heritage month! Blue Beetle drawn by José Luis García-López!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

DC's promo image for Hispanic Heritage month! Blue Beetle drawn by José Luis García-López!
    Props to the artist!

Though like DC's poster of Black characters from a while back, this would ring better and more sincere if Jaime was being supported by DC with an ongoing book right now, if Superman wasn't there taking up as much space as he is (Why does it look like Clark's taking up more space then Jaime? Why is Clark even here?), and if their were more of DC's Hispanic roster of heroes present than just the "obvious go-to" of Jaime.

I don't mean to be a downer or disrespectful, but just to be true to some of the feelings this pic invokes within me when I think about it from a broader context.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-15-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Did Lopez just want to draw Superman, too? Not that I mind, just kind of random unless it was the Hernan Guerra Supes.

So I won’t spoil since it’s still early but I’m pretty sure we have a good idea who the evil Ted Kord is after Suicide Squad #9. I think it might be a bit confusing for some but the concept of it makes sense and lines up with something we’ve seen recently, let’s just hope the story reasoning behind it makes sense as well.

Oh and Taylor also writes Jaime today over in DCeased: Hope at worlds end, and he’s not dead but he did just get caught in a giant horde attack lead by Black Adam.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Alright so no ones mentioned it yet and it’s been a full work day for me so I guess I’ll do it for fun.

It’s not Dark Multiverse Ted Kord, it’s spoilers:
    Black Mask...yes the guy who Damian Wayne locked in his basement.
    end of spoilers

This is going to take some explaining
    spoilers:
    Remember a year ago when Year of Villain was a thing. Remember how Black Mask got a one-shot. Yeah that was written by Tom Taylor who in that story gave Black Mask the ability to shape shift with a new mask thanks Lex Luthor. So in essence Black Mask has been impersonating Ted Kord this whole time. Or at least that’s the implication, it’s not outright said but it’s pretty self explanatory.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so no ones mentioned it yet and it’s been a full work day for me so I guess I’ll do it for fun.

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Remember a year ago when Year of Villain was a thing. Remember how Black Mask got a one-shot. Yeah that was written by Tom Taylor who in that story gave Black Mask the ability to shape shift with a new mask thanks Lex Luthor. So in essence Black Mask has been impersonating Ted Kord this whole time. Or at least that’s the implication, it’s not outright said but it’s pretty self explanatory.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Dang! I imagine that makes for a clever twist, especially when considering the connection of the writer. Unless there's those who follow Tom Taylor closely, they might not have picked up on that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    spoilers:
    Dang! I imagine that makes for a clever twist, especially when considering the connection of the writer. Unless there's those who follow Tom Taylor closely, they might not have picked up on that.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I didn’t get the twist. Didn’t read the Villains one shot. So it definitely wasn’t who I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    so wait...

spoilers:
    blackmask held hostage the real ted kord all this time?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    so wait...

spoilers:
    blackmask held hostage the real ted kord all this time?
    end of spoilers
    You know what it might be helpful if explained what happened.

spoilers:
    Suicide Squad/Revolutionaries break into Kord Industries to have a showdown with “Ted” only to find Superman has caught him and has Ted Kord tied up and gagged next to him. After some discussion the team leaves to go handle the rest of the problem but Deadshot stays behind.

He gets Superman’s autograph and reveals that through that he’s not really Superman because he never told him his daughters name. Then Deadshot gets shot in the chest and Superman turns into Black Mask who then shoots Deadshot through the head and flings him and Ted Kord out the window.

My assumption based on this is that Black Mask has been using his new shifting abilities to take over as Ted Kord and when he thought the jig was up he tied up the real Ted Kord. Because if he’s outted as he was he doesn’t need the real Ted Kord so that’s why he went out the window. Besides I don’t we have both Black Mask and then someone else who is really impersonating Ted, it’s easier to think it’s just Black Mask.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Do you know who "LOO" the artist is? I love this so much, because Ted is my favorite superhero, and I review potato chips (among other things) on my food blog.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    Do you know who "LOO" the artist is? I love this so much, because Ted is my favorite superhero, and I review potato chips (among other things) on my food blog.
    Jason Loo

https://twitter.com/rebel_loo/status...12058288361472

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Woah! He's the guy who draws Pitiful Human Lizard! I gotta read that series oneday!