View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s kind of amazing that DC has just given up on Jaime. The corporate statement is that they want more diversity in the DCU, but the one Hispanic character with any mainstream success is shelved. Any progress is completely sunk.

There’s room in the DCU for both Ted and Jamie as they have such different abilities, character designs, and niches.
    To be fair, they gave him his own series twice and had him as one of the stars of the Threshold series, making him a lead character in three different ongoings, all of which failed to gain much traction. All three of those can be seen as earnest attempts to push him into a greater spotlight. The character hasn't been able to generate the sales interest they hoped he could.

I think they are more or less letting his character simmer for a while. I don't really think he has been abandoned. I'm with you, though, in hoping that they find a way to give him more attention.

It’s kind of amazing that DC has just given up on Jaime. The corporate statement is that they want more diversity in the DCU, but the one Hispanic character with any mainstream success is shelved. Any progress is completely sunk.

There’s room in the DCU for both Ted and Jamie as they have such different abilities, character designs, and niches.
    I’m not surprised. It’s the pattern with DC and it’s POC characters. I just don’t get how Marvel can easily push POC characters to new heights and DC fails to do the same with its diverse heroes. All of their male Latino characters are in limbo (Jaime, Kyle, Derek, Cisco, Chato) and their female counterparts aren’t faring any better (Renee, Beatriz, Alba, Nayeli). Seems only Jessica can get any sort of attention lately.

I’m hoping DC Fandome gives us some Blue Beetle news (New comic, HBO show, Titans appearance, DCEU movie, return in Injustice 3...something!)

Fantastic Member

Wait, they've given up on Jaime? He's not on any teams? Weren't they working on a Jaime Reyes movie?

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I’ve seen Jamie in Injustice video games, Young JUstice, etc.

It’s just I don’t see any solo stuff cross-media.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    To be fair, they gave him his own series twice and had him as one of the stars of the Threshold series, making him a lead character in three different ongoings, all of which failed to gain much traction. All three of those can be seen as earnest attempts to push him into a greater spotlight. The character hasn't been able to generate the sales interest they hoped he could.

I think they are more or less letting his character simmer for a while. I don't really think he has been abandoned. I'm with you, though, in hoping that they find a way to give him more attention.
    I’m definitely not expecting him to get a solo series any time soon as the previous ones didn’t sell very well. It just sucks that they shelve him for years at a time. I would even be happy if they included him in the group shot splash pages of DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    Wait, they've given up on Jaime? He's not on any teams? Weren't they working on a Jaime Reyes movie?
    No, he hasn’t been on the Teen Titans for about 10 years or so.

The movie was definitely scrapped. There were rumors of a possible tv show but there’s been no recent news about that. DC previewed/teased new shows for next year and a Blue Beetle show wasn’t one of them.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-04-2020 at 02:28 PM.

It is a shame that Jaime is in limbo. The last we saw him he was evil and under the control of Batman Who Laughs. Hopefully DC Fandome announces something with him! Since Teen Titans is likely getting a new series/team, I hope he’s included.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Fantastic Member

No, he hasn’t been on the Teen Titans for about 10 years or so.

The movie was definitely scrapped. There were rumors of a possible tv show but there’s been no recent news about that. DC previewed/teased new shows for next year and a Blue Beetle show wasn’t one of them.
    That's unfortunate. I was really excited for a Jaime Reyes movie. This kind of treatment is why I don't really buy much DC these days. They can never seem to capitalize on their characters of color, even when they have the perfect opportunities to.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    That's unfortunate. I was really excited for a Jaime Reyes movie. This kind of treatment is why I don't really buy much DC these days. They can never seem to capitalize on their characters of color, even when they have the perfect opportunities to.
    Yeah it really is a bummer. All their talk of wanting more diversity in their comic book universe has pretty much been all lip service. When they posted the image of some of their black superheroes on Juneteenth, many people pointed out that they haven’t used most of the characters for years. They just trotted them out to show how “woke” they are as a company. But in reality, not so much.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

20200706_075146.jpg

Blue and Gold.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    20200706_075146.jpg

Blue and Gold.
    woo cool, where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    woo cool, where's this from?
    Found it on instagram. Looks like those photo manips. Not sure who the actors are. But it is pretty sweet.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Found it on instagram. Looks like those photo manips. Not sure who the actors are. But it is pretty sweet.
    i love the tactical beetle look. not much of a gymnast but ted sure looks like someone who could mess you up.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i love the tactical beetle look. not much of a gymnast but ted sure looks like someone who could mess you up.
    Yeah I agree. The suit looks awesome there. It even makes the mask with the beetle eyes look cool. When even by comic standards they looked a bit silly sometimes.

Astonishing Member

20200706_075146.jpg

Blue and Gold.
    This is actually good.

Glad to see Skeets again.

I just had a thought. What if the Bug had its own AI and personality too?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I’m not surprised. It’s the pattern with DC and it’s POC characters. I just don’t get how Marvel can easily push POC characters to new heights and DC fails to do the same with its diverse heroes. All of their male Latino characters are in limbo (Jaime, Kyle, Derek, Cisco, Chato) and their female counterparts aren’t faring any better (Renee, Beatriz, Alba, Nayeli). Seems only Jessica can get any sort of attention lately.

I’m hoping DC Fandome gives us some Blue Beetle news (New comic, HBO show, Titans appearance, DCEU movie, return in Injustice 3...something!)
    You should MAYBE simply read YOUNG JUSTICE and TEEN TITANS!!

Young Justice has
    Sideways
    Naomi
    Jackson
    Hex has a girlfriend
    Miguel
    Teen Lantern

If you are searching for male latino characters Young Justice has Sideways and Miguel

Teen Titans has
    Wallace West
    Damian
    Djinn
    Crush
    Emiko
    Roundhouse

AND there is new Star-Blossom+a comic with NUBIA was announced+BUNKER (another male latino) came back...
    Traci13 was in Justice League Dark (dont know if it still exist)

NATASHA IRONS (STEEL) was a member of the TITANS in Rebirth and Bumblebee and her husband also were in the Comics.
    Last edited by Masterff; 07-06-2020 at 11:58 PM.