View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well Terrific formed a science organization which is why Ted was there but he managed to fit in Jaime among the teenage members of the book. He gave Jaime some good moments so it’s not like he forced him in, in fact Jaime got plenty of speaking moments like why he’s in the book and got cool action scenes, worse that happened is he called someone a boomer.

The actual sad part is the last few issues were digital only and that’s when Jaime joined the team.
    Good that Jaime got a good showing, even if it was near the end. Maybe there's a better shot of his Terrific Beetle look, too.

EDIT: sifighter, since you were following the book, a side question, but was Offspring in any of the latest issues, too?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Good that Jaime got a good showing, even if it was near the end. Maybe there's a better shot of his Terrific Beetle look, too.

EDIT: sifighter, since you were following the book, a side question, but was Offspring in any of the latest issues, too?
    No, he got hurt and infected by a monster virus in issue 27 so I believe he was out recovering the rest of the book. But he was shown alive and well and in fairness he’s in a good deal of the series before that.

For the record, the Atom is not Ray Palmer, it’s Ryan Choi. Felt that should be mentioned because they really made use of a lot of characters, even Cyborg’s dad surprisingly.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-03-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

a while back on The Terrifics thread the discussion came up of who could potentially join the team. I suggested Jaime. I figured it would be similar to Spider-Man joining the Fantastic Four. I know the original idea for the T Council was a group of the DCU’s top super scientists, so Ted fits in a lot better for that concept. But I think after that story arc when they get back to the regular team they’d want Mr. Terrific to be the main super genius of the book. If they aren’t doing the T Council it just makes Ted and the others redundant. Jaime actually fits the team much better going forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No, he got hurt and infected by a monster virus in issue 27 so I believe he was out recovering the rest of the book. But he was shown alive and well and in fairness he’s in a good deal of the series before that.

For the record, the Atom is not Ray Palmer, it’s Ryan Choi. Felt that should be mentioned because they really made use of a lot of characters, even Cyborg’s dad surprisingly.
    Ouch, but oh well.

Also, it's always cool to see Ryan Choi used, since Orlando's JLA series ended. (I miss that series. It actually made me kinda sorta like Lobo.)

Thanks!

I'm late to this party, but I saw Ted was featured on the cover of Terrifics #27, the last print issue. Did he have a sizable part in that issue, and did that continue in the online-only issues, or is that when Yang wrote him out in favor of Jaime, due to the Ted stuff in Suicide Squad?

I haven't read Terrifics OR this most recent Suicide Squad series, but I do try to collect most of Ted and Booster's significant appearances.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    I'm late to this party, but I saw Ted was featured on the cover of Terrifics #27, the last print issue. Did he have a sizable part in that issue, and did that continue in the online-only issues, or is that when Yang wrote him out in favor of Jaime, due to the Ted stuff in Suicide Squad?

I haven't read Terrifics OR this most recent Suicide Squad series, but I do try to collect most of Ted and Booster's significant appearances.
    Ted and Jaime were just kind of along for the ride and helping out here and there. Mr. Terrific gathered together some of DC’s smartest characters for his T Council. So obviously Ted was invited. Then with all that’s going on in Suicide Squad, Yang had to use Jaime instead to finish out the book.

I highly recommend both series!

Blue Beetle by Datrinti on Instagram! Seeing this just makes me want to see Jaime on the big screen that much more! His suit was just made for live action!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

Blue Beetle by Datrinti on Instagram! Seeing this just makes me want to see Jaime on the big screen that much more! His suit was just made for live action!
    Agreed! And this fanart is so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ted and Jaime were just kind of along for the ride and helping out here and there. Mr. Terrific gathered together some of DC’s smartest characters for his T Council. So obviously Ted was invited. Then with all that’s going on in Suicide Squad, Yang had to use Jaime instead to finish out the book.

I highly recommend both series!
    So he doesn't get any big scenes or do anything too significant in #27? Thank you. I also didn't realize Jaime was such a big brain, from having read the first year or so of his first series.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    So he doesn't get any big scenes or do anything too significant in #27? Thank you. I also didn't realize Jaime was such a big brain, from having read the first year or so of his first series.
    Jamie really isn’t. The T Council story had pretty much ended by the time he joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

That’s pretty awesome! Way better than that ridiculous costume they had in Smallville.

Sadly, Jaime doesn’t seem to be on DC’s radar any more. Fingers crossed that someone in the new DC leadership can see the potential in Blue Beetle.

The Viking Prince appears in more comics in December than Jamie
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-11-2020 at 10:39 PM.

In an interview with Kami Garcia and artist Gabriel Picolo, the creative team of the YA graphic novels Raven and Beast Boy, they were asked what characters they would like to work on in the future. Picolo mentioned Blue Beetle. It was just a casual off the cuff mention, but that would still be super cool as those YA books are very popular.

https://www.gamesradar.com/hit-ya-te...for-whos-next/

Picolo: I have a thing for sidekicks. I would love to work on any character from either the Teen Titans or Young Justice - Blue Beetle, Kid Flash, etc. I like characters that are not fully developed yet. Like the big legendary ones, for me, they're not as interesting as the characters who are still learning how to do it.

A YA novel featuring Blue Beetle would be amazing! I hope it happens! Seems like they let the creative teams picks which characters they want to write so I guess it’s only a matter of time until we get some on Blue Beetle and Kid Flash

In an interview with Kami Garcia and artist Gabriel Picolo, the creative team of the YA graphic novels Raven and Beast Boy, they were asked what characters they would like to work on in the future. Picolo mentioned Blue Beetle. It was just a casual off the cuff mention, but that would still be super cool as those YA books are very popular.

Picolo: I have a thing for sidekicks. I would love to work on any character from either the Teen Titans or Young Justice - Blue Beetle, Kid Flash, etc. I like characters that are not fully developed yet. Like the big legendary ones, for me, they're not as interesting as the characters who are still learning how to do it.
    I think Jaime would definitely fit the YA line fairly well .

Astonishing Member

Would be awesome to see their take on Jaime. And you are right. These line of books are proving popular with their intended audiences.