View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I'm kinda irked that they're using ted again... Not because I'm a Jaime fan, but because I'd always been a Ted fan. He had a noble death with real impact and I hate that they undo things like that so easily and quickly.
    However... as far as the "Dark Multiverse" Ted... I think I could live without the Ted who laughs or Omac ted in mainstream... whatever the hell that means nowdays... continuity.
    I know they won't let the properties go but damn. It gets a bit ridiculous after awhile.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I like having Ted around, especially thanks to the Rebirth series with him and Jaime together. I think to really make things interesting though they need to acknowledge his death, if Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, and I guess the whole cast of Young Justice can remember pre-flashpoint continuity then I think it could work if someone went to Ted and let him know that because of changes in the universe he's alive again, that the universe itself has saved him.

Also I think given the most recent issue of Suicide Squad I think it hinted there might be some credence to the whole fake Ted Kord thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ok, so since when could Jaime change the color of his armor? Also shout out to the final issue of the Terrifics

0BDA7206-3CAF-4326-ABC7-E9F5354919F0.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing this team in an animated series.
    Huh... So like the JLI? Its really interesting they haven't had a show for those guys ever? Just captain atom and in a few different series and guest appearances in JLU. Booster yeah and cameos by fire, and Dibney... but I don't remember Ice, Beetle, well I mean Jaime but not ted.... and...never Guy, or Fox...

Or did you mean just that 4? Funny, I never know who ice is anymore.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ok, so since when could Jaime change the color of his armor? Also shout out to the final issue of the Terrifics

It’s the White Beetle!! Jaime looks cool in that color

Astonishing Member

Do you have a bigger image? It's hard for me to see Jaime at all.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Do you have a bigger image? It's hard for me to see Jaime at all.
    This better?

The-Terrifics-30-spoilers-2.jpg
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

A little. I generally have found uploading images as attachments seems to make the image smaller and more distorted, as compared to wrapping the image's url in [img] tags. (Not sure if these are from your computer or from somewhere online, though.)

Astonishing Member

Reverse image searched this. I had to modify the url slightly once I did, but I did find this.

Reverse image searched this. I had to modify the url slightly once I did, but I did find this.
    It’s a pretty cool look and I’m really glad Jaime appeared in a book. Though the only reason why Yang used him is because of what is going on with Ted over in Suicide Squad. He had to quickly change his plans in order to help out Taylor. So kind of a bummer that Jaime only appears when a writer is forced to use him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s a pretty cool look and I’m really glad Jaime appeared in a book. Though the only reason why Yang used him is because of what is going on with Ted over in Suicide Squad. He had to quickly change his plans in order to help out Taylor. So kind of a bummer that Jaime only appears when a writer is forced to use him.
    Pretty much agree with these sentiments.

Also, would like a closer look for this black and white version of Blue Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That's kind of surprising. I would've expected it to be the other way around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's kind of surprising. I would've expected it to be the other way around.
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    Well, with Yang they have a diverse writer on-board so one might expect then that they'd use that opportunity to feature more diverse characters rather than use the white version. So to have that be the other way around just kind of surprises me.

Not that I think Yang has anything against Jaime. Ted probably just fit more with what he had envisioned with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, with Yang they have a diverse writer on-board so one might expect then that they'd use that opportunity to feature more diverse characters rather than use the white version. So to have that be the other way around just kind of surprises me.

Not that I think Yang has anything against Jaime. Ted probably just fit more with what he had envisioned with the story.
    Well Terrific formed a science organization which is why Ted was there but he managed to fit in Jaime among the teenage members of the book. He gave Jaime some good moments so it’s not like he forced him in, in fact Jaime got plenty of speaking moments like why he’s in the book and got cool action scenes, worse that happened is he called someone a boomer.

The actual sad part is the last few issues were digital only and that’s when Jaime joined the team.
    Words to live by.