View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I’d say he’s more like John Stewart. More popular in outside media and to casual fans than to comic fans. Kyle has barley been used outside of comics but I do get your comparison. Though to be fair it’s nowt the same since the only thing Jaime and Ted have in common is the hero name (different villains, support cast, myths...etc).
    I agree that Jaime is more analogous to John Stewart than Kyle Raynar in that regards.

Quote Originally Posted by BringMe_YoungManLogan View Post
    There you go. The verdict is in by a landslide (so far), but will DC ever bring back Ted Kord? No. Are any of these replacable heroes (Reyes, Kyle Rayner, Connor Hawke, Renee Montoya, Azrael ect, ect) as popular as the fan favourites they replaced? No.

Are DC going to replace fan favourite heroes again? Yes. Do any of them have good business sense? No.

Apologies, just venting. I actually don't mind Reyes, it's just that he's not Ted Kord.
    Been mentioned, but it warrants reiteration: this thread's poll isn't indicative of the relative or comparative popularities of Jaime and Ted, especially since these forums have a demographic that skews towards those who tend to prefer older characters, incarnations, and story lines than newer ones. Besides, fans of comic book media doesn't begin or end here. In addition, Ted has had more consistent appearances and cameos in comics since Rebirth than Jaime has.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-10-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That would make Booster as Barry, or Oliver.
    Yeah.

There IS that.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Lightbulb For Real?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

ted cameos in flash 750
    What page, please?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Been mentioned, but it warrants reiteration: this thread's poll isn't indicative of the relative or comparative popularities of Jaime and Ted, especially since these forums have a demographic that skews towards those who tend to prefer older characters, incarnations, and story lines than newer ones. Besides, fans of comic book media doesn't begin or end here. In addition, Ted has had more consistent appearances and cameos in comics since Rebirth than Jaime has.
    Which is odd, since Jaime had a solo book in Rebirth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which is odd, since Jaime had a solo book in Rebirth.
    That series wasted so much time shitting on Ted that it couldn't be bothered to do anything actually interesting with Jaime.

Did it? Well shoot, I was thinking of checking it out, but not if it spends all its time shitting on Ted!

And this is what I meant when I said I wished Jaime was exactly the same but just... not a legacy character. I love Jaime, but don't ask me to pick between him and Ted, who should be Blue Beetle.

On a third and final note, glad to see somebody voted for poor Dan Garrett up there!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Did it? Well shoot, I was thinking of checking it out, but not if it spends all its time shitting on Ted!

And this is what I meant when I said I wished Jaime was exactly the same but just... not a legacy character. I love Jaime, but don't ask me to pick between him and Ted, who should be Blue Beetle.

On a third and final note, glad to see somebody voted for poor Dan Garrett up there!
    It was just a bad series all around. I usually love Giffen’s work this wasn’t good. It was really drawn out and he made a lot of unnecessary changes to the scarab’s origin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    That series wasted so much time shitting on Ted that it couldn't be bothered to do anything actually interesting with Jaime.
    Definitely not how that happened. Like, he wasn't super-heroing from the jump, since he was in the mentor role, but I not sure how or were you got that take.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

It doesn't, though, honestly. Again, he's in a more mentor role, but does get into the action as the arc progresses.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It was just a bad series all around. I usually love Giffen’s work this wasn’t good. It was really drawn out and he made a lot of unnecessary changes to the scarab’s origin.
    I mentioned this before, but I don't agree with this take. Didn't when the boo was still current and still don't now. (::sigh:: Kinda feel exhausted now, so don't feel up to going down this lane again. )

When/if they announce the Blue Beetle series on HBO Max, think they'll start reprinting the Blue Beetle comics? I imagine a 36-issue collection of the original Jaime Reyes run being released, you know to put on shelves for promotion of the series. Same with other series, and books he was in.

Because I'd love to have the physical copies in my collection.

That'd be cool.

I keep hoping they'll rerelease more of the Dan Garrett stuff and the original Ditko Kord stuff. I've got the Ditko Kord stuff, but it just bugs me that it's hard to get.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    When/if they announce the Blue Beetle series on HBO Max, think they'll start reprinting the Blue Beetle comics? I imagine a 36-issue collection of the original Jaime Reyes run being released, you know to put on shelves for promotion of the series. Same with other series, and books he was in.

Because I'd love to have the physical copies in my collection.
    DC doesn't seem as trade-happy as I'd like, but it would probably give them some incentive to get some Blue Beetle collections out.

I hope we get to see Ted confront the evil Jaime aka Scarab before the end of this ongoing BWL storyline. Maybe he can help Jaime overcome the infection.

This kinda reminded me of why this “legacy” situation can work. Ted and Jaime share a name but their powers and looks are very different. The multiple Flashes, GLs, etc. are all competing for the same role. Jaime and Ted are pretty unique characters.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-12-2020 at 10:08 PM.

just thought of this question. was dan ever a part of the jsa? or any other super team?