View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.63%
  • Ted Kord

42 55.26%
  • Jaime Reyes

32 42.11%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

What a neat pic. Haven’t seen that one before!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

At a comic show years ago('13/'14) a vendor was blowing out nu52 TPBs for $5. I picked up a few.....life happened, they didn't get read...quarantine happened.
    I've just read the Blue Beetle debut of Jaime Reyes. I enjoyed it, Ted will always be my BB of choice though. Frankly with all these Crisis events I'm disappointed no DC editor has thought to bring Dan Garrett back for some new dynamics but I digress.

My takeaway from the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle is that essentially the scarab is Shanhara, the X-O Manowar suit, as worn by Aric of Dacia over at VALIANT comics. DC just retooled it and gave it to a teenager vs a 600 AD Visigoth bargarian. Shanhara can fully remove itself from the host, not sure is the Scarab ever revealed it could(all I know is it didn't in the first 6 issues I read). Both organic suits have ways to heal the host. Both are not unique and while Shanhara is now the sole suit it used to not be(stories told in past revealed there were more).

I'd read more Jaime if the chance to happens. Just wondering if there are any other VALIANT cross readers and if this comparison came to mind to any others?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Blue Beetle #1 (June, 1986). Art by Paris Cullins.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Ah too cool pic.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

The Blue Beetle’s often overlooked contribution to the war effort (Blue Beetle #32, July 1944). Art by E. C. Stoner.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-13-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    From Blue Beetle #1 (June, 1986). Art by Paris Cullins.

I've always wanted to check that series out since Blue Beetle was my favorite in JLI.

Is it good?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The Blue Beetle’s often overlooked contribution to the war effort (Blue Beetle #32, July 1944). Art by E. C. Stoner.

Cool. Have u heard his old radio show?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I've always wanted to check that series out since Blue Beetle was my favorite in JLI.

Is it good?
    Speaking just for myself, it never quite found its stride.
    They had some subplots that dragged on forever, some really weak multi part stories that again, were way too long, and then kinda got stuck not being the Beetle everyone was becoming really familiar with in the concurrent JL book.
    Not saying everything was bad, it def. had some nice moments but not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Speaking just for myself, it never quite found its stride.
    They had some subplots that dragged on forever, some really weak multi part stories that again, were way too long, and then kinda got stuck not being the Beetle everyone was becoming really familiar with in the concurrent JL book.
    Not saying everything was bad, it def. had some nice moments but not enough.
    Ah . Got it. Thanks. I'll put it on the back burner for now the .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    At a comic show years ago('13/'14) a vendor was blowing out nu52 TPBs for $5. I picked up a few.....life happened, they didn't get read...quarantine happened.
    I've just read the Blue Beetle debut of Jaime Reyes. I enjoyed it, Ted will always be my BB of choice though. Frankly with all these Crisis events I'm disappointed no DC editor has thought to bring Dan Garrett back for some new dynamics but I digress.

My takeaway from the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle is that essentially the scarab is Shanhara, the X-O Manowar suit, as worn by Aric of Dacia over at VALIANT comics. DC just retooled it and gave it to a teenager vs a 600 AD Visigoth bargarian. Shanhara can fully remove itself from the host, not sure is the Scarab ever revealed it could(all I know is it didn't in the first 6 issues I read). Both organic suits have ways to heal the host. Both are not unique and while Shanhara is now the sole suit it used to not be(stories told in past revealed there were more).

I'd read more Jaime if the chance to happens. Just wondering if there are any other VALIANT cross readers and if this comparison came to mind to any others?

Yeah Blue Beetle somewhat reminds me of XO from Valiant, probably why I was drawn to the character in the first place! Love anything that has to do with battle armor, alien or not.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Still one of my favorite images of BB. Such a great character design.