Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disney Making Live Action Bambi with Captain Marvel Writers!

Ugh I don't even like the animated one.

Some people just don't know when to quit.

To be honest, I was expecting the next remake would be Hercules.

I guess after Jungle Book, Lion King, and Lady and the Tramp, Bambi wouldn't be off-limits.

Yeah, I actually can't see this making a lot of money. It's one of the older disney films and the story is minimal and what most people remember about it is that it's sad. Dumbo didn't do well and that also had a great trailer. I think The Little Mermaid and Snow White would make a ton of money and maybe the Princess and the Frog, but I think they're tapped out after that. In terms of films that would make $$$. Hercules, Hunchback, and Pocahontas all have story problems and aren't particularly great films.

Personally, I want The Emperors New Groove, Sword in the Stone or Atlantis.

Also I hope they never make Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, or Rescuers Down Under into CG/Live action. Those would be so creepy and weird.
    Last edited by PoorStudent; 01-24-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Yeah, I actually can't see this making a lot of money. It's one of the older disney films and the story is minimal and what most people remember about it is that it's sad. Dumbo didn't do well and that also had a great trailer. I think Littler Mermaid and Snow White would make a ton of money and maybe the Princess and the Frog, but I think they're tapped out after that. In terms of films that would make $$$. Hercules, Hunchback, and Pocahontas all have story problems and aren't particularly great films.

Also I hope they never make Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, or Rescuers Down Under into CG/Live action. Those would be so creepy and weird.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they premier it on Disney+ instead of in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they premier it on Disney+ instead of in theaters.
    Where movies go to die...

At this point, we can just expect a live-action(?) remake of every animated feature Disney has done.

Which isn’t always a bad thing.

Yeah, I actually can't see this making a lot of money. It's one of the older disney films and the story is minimal and what most people remember about it is that it's sad. Dumbo didn't do well and that also had a great trailer. I think The Little Mermaid and Snow White would make a ton of money and maybe the Princess and the Frog, but I think they're tapped out after that. In terms of films that would make $$$. Hercules, Hunchback, and Pocahontas all have story problems and aren't particularly great films.
    That one is arguably one of the better ones in the library. The others not so much, I will concede.

Like those ideas. Sword in the Stone is getting remade for Disney+.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That one is arguably one of the better ones in the library. The others not so much, I will concede.
    Great Music, I'll grant you, but great movie? Have you seen it recently?

Gargoyles would be soooooo cool. I'd be down for that, day 1 purchase.

Great Music, I'll grant you, but great movie? Have you seen it recently?

No, but the Gargoyles were my favorite part as a kid, so I'm not going to be convinced that they were a bad thing. (That said, I will concede that none of the '90s comic relief sidekicks were as good as the Genie or Mushu.)

Gargoyles would be soooooo cool. I'd be down for that, day 1 purchase.

Nice fan art, but was never really a fan of that show. I could see a reboot working, though.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Don't forget the live action lilo and stitch!

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/lilo-s...e-coming-soon/

Astonishing Member

I figured we'd see another take on Bambi sometime after the start of 2022 (when the original book by Felix Salten enters the public domain in the U.S.). I've always been more positive about these movies than a lot of people on the internet. Largely, because they provide me with material for my fairy tales/children's lit blog. However, it's starting to feel like some of these movies are becoming more by-the-numbers. Starting right around the time they also discovered that most people don't care if they draw more from the original source material (book/tale source material. People actually lose their minds if certain things aren't kept from the movies). Well, here's hoping the coming movies are more along the lines of Jungle Book, Cinderella and Christopher Robin and not so much like Lion King or Dumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I figured we'd see another take on Bambi sometime after the start of 2022 (when the original book by Felix Salten enters the public domain in the U.S.). I've always been more positive about these movies than a lot of people on the internet. Largely, because they provide me with material for my fairy tales/children's lit blog. However, it's starting to feel like some of these movies are becoming more by-the-numbers. Starting right around the time they also discovered that most people don't care if they draw more from the original source material (book/tale source material. People actually lose their minds if certain things aren't kept from the movies). Well, here's hoping the coming movies are more along the lines of Jungle Book, Cinderella and Christopher Robin and not so much like Lion King or Dumbo.
    The new Lion King was a new low for the series, however, Mulan looks like it's going to be substantially different then the original.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't know if I want to watch a live action deer get shot.