Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I hear Taylor Swift is gonna play Flower.

Disney has a finite amount of movie they can do live action. I don't know why people are shocked that they are milking their old catalog when they are finished with all their major hits and they are just about finished with Little Mermaid, Hercules,Lilo & Stitch,Tangeled and The Emperor's New Groove being the last of bigger names and Moana and Frozen being a little too early what else are the going to put out? Remember Tron Legacy, Lone Ranger, John Carter, Prince of Persia, Mars needs Mom, Tomorrowland, Alice Through the Looking Glass, The BFG. It is not a shock that they are leaning on the old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I hear Taylor Swift is gonna play Flower.
    F that! Tyrese Gibson is Flower!
    Make it the whole Wham-Bam-Bambi crew.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mondragon, post: 38038085, member: 83374
    This better be the Wham-Bam-Bambi version
    or what's the point?

.................... !
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-26-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Disney has a finite amount of movie they can do live action. I don't know why people are shocked that they are milking their old catalog when they are finished with all their major hits and they are just about finished with Little Mermaid, Hercules,Lilo & Stitch,Tangeled and The Emperor's New Groove being the last of bigger names and Moana and Frozen being a little too early what else are the going to put out? Remember Tron Legacy, Lone Ranger, John Carter, Prince of Persia, Mars needs Mom, Tomorrowland, Alice Through the Looking Glass, The BFG. It is not a shock that they are leaning on the old stuff.
    Walt Disney Studios (the original live action wing of Disney, not to be confused with any of their other four movie studios) tends to go through waves. From book adaptations to family comedies to some riskier stuff to sports movies and remakes of their family comedies, etc. The one time they really seemed to hit a wall was when they started trying to make action blockbusters. Only Pirates of the Caribbean really took off. It was only after starting to revisit their animated stuff in live action (or realistic CGI) that it saved them. At first it looked like it would be more of a fantasy/children's lit trend what with stuff like Oz the Great and Powerful, Into the Woods, The BFG, etc. But as more and more of those began to flop, it's become clear that it's about their back catalog. One nice thing is that them revisiting their animated movies means they're revisiting old books and stories. And they seem to be the only ones in Hollywood able to do it halfway decently (for evidence that other studios can't, see: Pan, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Robin Hood, Dolittle, etc.)

Just reinforcing your point, Killerbee911.

BANNED

I want a live Action movie Version of the black cauldron. Gargoyles or Atlantis would be great too^^ Hunchback has the Problem of already having a lot of movies made, but would one more Version really be too much?
    Last edited by lowfyr; 01-27-2020 at 03:47 AM.