Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Yeah, CM3 only makes sense if Billy and Mary revert to their pre-Flashpoint names too. But then what would they call Pedro, Eugene and Darla? CM4, CM5 and CM6?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have been doing a lot of grumbling and complaining in multiple places about how it looked like Shazam! was ending, but I am quite happy to say I was wrong.

- I complained about Superboy Prime being an unwelcome intrusion. I still think I would have preferred him to not have been included, but it wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought it would be.

- I complained about Geoff Johns often not being able to pull off a satisfactory ending. It would have been nice to see another few pages to give room to the dizzying assortment of elements and characters, but overall I liked the ending quite a bit.

- I complained that the revised Monster Society of Evil wouldn't get enough of a spotlight. I guess that still bugs me a little bit, but with a comic as charming as Shazam! #14, I can live with that. Quick! Someone else write a new King Kull story.

P.S. I loved the fun salutes to obscure DC history at the dinner table, of which I will say no more.

Incredible Member

In my "headcanon", everything since the Fawcett days are true:

Billy Batson becomes "Captain Marvel" in 1941 on Earth-S. Subsequently, Captain Marvel, Jr. and Mary Marvel are introduced.
    Various heroes, allies to the Marvel Family are introduced during the height of World War II (known as "The Squadron of Superheroes").
    During the war, the Marvel Family learn of other realities, when the Nazis brainwashed the family into fighting the All-Star Squadron on Earth-2.
    The Marvel Family disappear from the public, thanks to Doc Sivana's suspendium trap.
    Twenty years later, the Marvel Family returns.
    Captain Marvel begins a series of team-ups with Earth-1's Superman, which leads directly into the so-called Crisis of Infinite Earths.
    The Multiverse collapses, before rebooting into a single Earth. Only the Wizard Shazam remembers the previous reality.
    With only a few minor changes, the Marvel Family is reformed.
    Thanks to a rampaging Specter, the Hand of God, the Shazam dies in immortal combat, forcing Billy to become the "new" Shazam.
    Freddy Freeman completes the so-called "trials" of Shazam, and becomes the new "Captain Marvel". Meanwhile, Mary Marvel, angered with feelings of abandonment, acquires powers from an old nemesis, and thus becomes "Black Mary".

At this point, I would change what happened next. Rather than have Black Mary run a muck as some pink-haired punk girl, followed by the return of the original Shazam, which later leads to Dr. Manhattan changing the timeline, which leads to the CURSE OF SHAZAM, I would have Freddy (as the new Captain Marvel) choose Darla, Pedro and Eugene as his "Junior Marvels", with Eugene wearing the blue uniform instead.

Black Adam is a major player in Endless Winter!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Black Adam is a major player in Endless Winter!
    And getting a team-up with The Flash of all people...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heard “Mighty Mary” as a suggestion and I liked that name.
    Mighty Mary is a solid name.

A rushed ending in the last issue, but I knew was coming. Johns laid some fantastic groundwork and mythology for the Shazamily I can only hope another creator picks it up again and runs with it in a relaunch of the title.

Besides some more Shazam adversaries, I’d love to see all four of Sivana’s kids again, his wife, and Isis and Osiris.

SHAZAM! #15 was a lot of fun- too bad Jeff Loveness/Brandon Peterson can't take over the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    SHAZAM! #15 was a lot of fun- too bad Jeff Loveness/Brandon Peterson can't take over the book!
    I agree. This issue was by far my favorite and I wish we could have seen what they would have done with the title.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I agree. This issue was by far my favorite and I wish we could have seen what they would have done with the title.
    It was mine too. The "How far is Philly?" bit needs to be in SHAZAM! 2.

This team is perfect for a relaunch of the book!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Do you guys think it will have a relaunch?... He's my favorite DC character by far and deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Do you guys think it will have a relaunch?... He's my favorite DC character by far and deserves better.
    If not immediately, the movie and sequel will bring about one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If not immediately, the movie and sequel will bring about one eventually.
    This. I just hope Johns doesn’t have a death grip on the character anymore. If he can’t spare enough time to write Shazam, let someone else do it. It’s unfair to the character to keep him under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This. I just hope Johns doesn’t have a death grip on the character anymore. If he can’t spare enough time to write Shazam, let someone else do it. It’s unfair to the character to keep him under wraps.
    I have my doubts Johns has dibs on "anyone" right now considering he seems way more focused on TV stuff.

(Wasn't he supposed to have his own imprint? That sure fizzled out).

Does Mary have any foes that are exclusively hers? What about Freddie?