Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I loved Billy being in the JSA, my favorite team and one of my favorite DC characters!

At this point they should just release Shazam in a TPB format. It had ridiculous delays before the virus and now who knows when we will see another issue.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Let’s see...it’s a little early but I’m excited after reading this morning so I’ll be vague.

All I will say is that we got a last minute surprise appearance by a member of the Shazam Family in DCeased Unkillables today, and no not Billy....if you’ve been reading that series you know what happened to him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Alright it’s been two days or so since Unkillables #3 came out so I think it may be okay to talk a bit more about it....in a spoilers box of course, so it doesn’t ruin it for some.

spoilers:
    I’ll be honest at first reading it I was confused where Mary Marvel came from. All I could think was “you’ve been here the whole time!” however I had to think about it to get it. It definitely made sense that she could be around since Billy was revealed in the second issue, and given what she probably has been hearing and seeing I can understand she would be scared to transform, she could have been as dangerous as zombie Superman and Wonder Woman. That said I’m glad she’s here and I guess we can expect to see more of her in Dead Planet.

Also they are probably going to need her, I’ve been running with the theory that zombie Superman will most likely come out of the sun all golden and will be even worse then the original. If that happens there going to need the power she has.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well looks like Geoff Johns run is ending with an extra sized finale issue around August, but the series itself isn’t ending. I can’t blame Johns with all the delays that have occurred not to mention everything looking like it’s ending thanks to Death Metal. I just hope this doesn’t spell the end of Shazam and the Shazam family.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/geof...gets-shuffled/
    Words to live by.

So the JSA stuff isn't happening now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well either that or they are just going to get crammed in there for two issues. I’m assuming with recent delays and the fact he is skipping a month with issue 12 that Johns has been given time to go back and edit the story to an extent.

I mean they were only appearing to help fight Superboy Prime, I can imagine that they only need to appear a few pages to fight Prime.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-30-2020 at 06:00 AM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well looks like Geoff Johns run is ending with an extra sized finale issue around August, but the series itself isn’t ending. I can’t blame Johns with all the delays that have occurred not to mention everything looking like it’s ending thanks to Death Metal. I just hope this doesn’t spell the end of Shazam and the Shazam family.

I'm not surprised, I do hope the series continues. As this is the only DC title I am pulling. And of course they have to add freaking Batman as a guest star because he's not in enough books already.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    UGH!!!! I was really looking forward to that arc!
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-30-2020 at 05:36 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I'm not surprised, I do hope the series continues. As this is the only DC title I am pulling. And of course they have to add freaking Batman as a guest star because he's not in enough books already.

UGH!!!! I was really looking forward to that arc!
    I just wanted answers regarding the JSA and Superboy-Prime (Especially why he hates Billy now). I guess Scott Snyder and Bendis may it pick up- at least for Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I just wanted answers regarding the JSA and Superboy-Prime (Especially why he hates Billy now). I guess Scott Snyder and Bendis may it pick up- at least for Prime.
    Supposedly he comes from the “real world” where he can read the comics they are in, so maybe he has a bone to pick about the Shazam movie?
    Prime: “How dare they give this magic, Superman wannabe a movie and not me”

In all seriousness though he’s pretty much fought the whole dc universe so him picking a fight with Shazam isn’t too off brand for me.
    Words to live by.

Supposedly he comes from the “real world” where he can read the comics they are in, so maybe he has a bone to pick about the Shazam movie?
    Prime: “How dare they give this magic, Superman wannabe a movie and not me”

In all seriousness though he’s pretty much fought the whole dc universe so him picking a fight with Shazam isn’t too off brand for me.
    I agree but this seemed personal though, I also want to know how he wound up in the Monsterlands, he was in the Source Wall last we heard, Johns had plans to explain it
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Someone give this title to Jeff Parker, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Seems unlikely. I am expecting this plot to largely be forgotten unfortunately. Once again the JSA gets shafted.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Seems unlikely. I am expecting this plot to largely be forgotten unfortunately. Once again the JSA gets shafted.
    At the very least, Superboy-Prime and Jay Garrick are in Death Metal, and Bendis is also using Prime in Young Justice from a tease by an Artist. I can see the JSA appearing in Death Metal too
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Yeah I’d have to assume with Snyder making the events of Doomsday Clock more concrete to the DC universe with Death Metal and that Snyder wrote Wonder Woman’s new WW2 origin I have a feeling is that the JSA will show up.

Shazam will also be involved but if Batman/Superman and Hell Arisen are any indication I’m pretty sure Shazam readers may not entirely appreciate it.
    Words to live by.

A lot of stuff seems in flux at the moment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Someone give this title to Jeff Parker, please!
    Is he even writing anything right now?