Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Yeah, between 5G being apparently chucked out and the virus knocking everything out of kilter, DC's immediate future plans are well and truly up in the air.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

and loveness keeps saying on Twitter that he will only write for two months.

Yeah, they're fill ins. Which means either the book is cancelled or someone else is taking over.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of stuff seems in flux at the moment...

Is he even writing anything right now?
    JAMES BOND: ORIGIN at Dynamite is about it I think.

How is Shazam's ongoing in general? I read first 6 issues before getting out of comics for a while in general and I'm wondering if it is worth getting back into this series? I found it ok at the time and a bit repetitive of what Johns has done with other properties. And I really don't like Prime, has he appeared already? And maybe there is chance that he won't appear at all due to changing plans?

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How is Shazam's ongoing in general? I read first 6 issues before getting out of comics for a while in general and I'm wondering if it is worth getting back into this series? I found it ok at the time and a bit repetitive of what Johns has done with other properties. And I really don't like Prime, has he appeared already? And maybe there is chance that he won't appear at all due to changing plans?
    Its okay, And when Johns bringing back the Monster Society of evil, It should be getting more interesting imo
    SBP already appeared in Shazam and he seems to be the main villain in that arc
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

#15 is the final issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    #15 is the final issue.
    8 years of Johns blocking everyone else from writing Billy and he couldn’t even bother to finish his run. *sigh*. Don’t know what I expected, it’s exactly how he treated Superman. I guess I just hope whoever they choose next will have an ambitious plan and we can get a new book after Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    8 years of Johns blocking everyone else from writing Billy and he couldn’t even bother to finish his run. *sigh*. Don’t know what I expected, it’s exactly how he treated Superman. I guess I just hope whoever they choose next will have an ambitious plan and we can get a new book after Death Metal.
    I think it's less not wanting to commit and more that Johns is probably too busy to commit as much as he would like...at least that's how I'd like to look at it.

I guess if it means we get more stuff like Stargirl, I don't exactly mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's less not wanting to commit and more that Johns is probably too busy to commit as much as he would like...at least that's how I'd like to look at it.

I guess if it means we get more stuff like Stargirl, I don't exactly mind.
    As much as I appreciate the Stargirl show, my feelings echo Vordan's. If he couldn't commit to this, then get out of the way for people who will. Shazam is too beloved a property for there not to be a line of creators chomping at the bit for a chance to create their interpretation of the Marvel family.

Incredible Member

If SHAzam! WILL TRULY END THis year, I hope the reboot won't be too far behind...

BTW, my pick as a replacement for Geoff Johns is Evan Doc Shaner.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    If SHAzam! WILL TRULY END THis year, I hope the reboot won't be too far behind...

I love his art, but has he written anything?

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post

Shaner's art is fantastic, his style is very similar to Cooke's as a modern interpretation of Golden Age/Silver Age art styles. However, he's not good at keeping to monthly deadlines so cover artists would be needed.

If we are talking Doc Shaner as an artist, we should probably also be talking about Jeff Parker as a writer. They worked together on the Convergence: Shazam two-parter and it was excellent.

I am of the opinion that Jeff Parker is seriously under-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    If we are talking Doc Shaner as an artist, we should probably also be talking about Jeff Parker as a writer. They worked together on the Convergence: Shazam two-parter and it was excellent.

I am of the opinion that Jeff Parker is seriously under-rated.
    Convergence: Shazam! was on par with Morrison's Thunderworld and Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil. The best depictions of Cap and family in 25 years.
    Last edited by maxmcco; 06-14-2020 at 06:58 PM.