Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They can't. The name, as well as CM3, doesn't make sense when Billy isn't called Captain Marvel.
    Sure they can. The name Mary Marvel doesn’t have to refer to anything. She has super powers and needs a code name.

-https://community.cbr.com/showthread...am-Appreciaton

-https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

I always appreciate those initiating the new threads (thanks!), although I wish we could start by first making sure to host links to all the original threads that came before too, as they are loaded with content and appreciation too.

Or is that just me and not a thing to do here, and doesn't mater to anyone? LOL
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-26-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

I always appreciate those initiating the new threads (thanks!), although I wish we could start by first making sure to host links to all the original threads that came before too, as they are loaded with content and appreciation too.

It just never occurred for me to do that in the moment.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

It's just you lol.
    What's the point tbh, the threads are closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Those names are just for the readers to use. In universe they're all Shazam. Like multiple people using the Flash name.

Anyway here's the monsters, larger on google.

Attachment 92156
    Now that we have seen some imagery for the new Monster Society of Evil, I am most excited for info on the updated King Kull, and to find out what the deal is for The Goat-Man and the three-headed crocodile man.

BANNED

They're merging the crocodile men into one.

Screenshot_20200127-024156.jpg
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-26-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    It's just you lol.
    What's the point tbh, the threads are closed?
    You are meant to avoid reposting stuff, but seriously, who checks through every page of those old threads? Hundreds of pages, thousands of posts. Takes way too long.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

This is my favorite book out right now. To me it just feels the most traditional comic book title on the stands. I love that Billy's dad's name is C.C. and the Eaglesham art is phenomenal.

spoilers:
    Slight Justice League spoiler but the Quintessance showed up in Justice League 39 saying they know the truth about the DC universe and its missing history...but the wizard Shazam in that one looks nothing like the Wizard Shazam in this book. Makes me wonder if that is just an oversight or with the ending of the most recent issue if there is some bigger story going on here. Like maybe the Wizard Shazam who just betrayed Billy has been a fake one this whole time.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    Slight Justice League spoiler but the Quintessance showed up in Justice League 39 saying they know the truth about the DC universe and its missing history...but the wizard Shazam in that one looks nothing like the Wizard Shazam in this book. Makes me wonder if that is just an oversight or with the ending of the most recent issue if there is some bigger story going on here. Like maybe the Wizard Shazam who just betrayed Billy has been a fake one this whole time.
    end of spoilers
    Since Geoff Johns is writing this book, I say, "Bigger story at work". We also know that those who had sat on the Council of Eternity are Thunder gods from various pantheons, and we also know that in an earlier issue from this latest run that someone isn't who they are suppose to be, when Billy found himself stuck in the Deadlands. Ergo, something is definitely "off".

I wonder if Superboy Prime or the JSA will notice something is amiss as soon as they meet the Shazam Family? After all, the Freddy they knew wasn't blonde, and three of the others didn't even exist before. Billy and Mary would just look like they've got new costumes, but the others are evidence of the changed timeline.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey weird thing I noticed after I realized issue 12 is almost upon us and not sure if anyone else can comment, after searching on Amazon and finding nothing I went to my local comic store and it appears there is no indication of vol 1 of Geoff Johns Shazam run. His origins/new 52 back up collection that leads into the run is available but there is no signs of the first trade volume being collected in the next few months. I know this run has suffered a number of delays early on but this seems odd to me that we are not already seeing a volume one.
    Words to live by.

A short CBR preview for #11.....

https://www.cbr.com/shazam-faces-off...izard-preview/

It has a reasonable emphasis on the conflict that was set up last issue, BUT I have really, really, really been hoping to get more info on the Johns-update for The Monster Society of Evil. That cover has me drooling for those villains. I don't want one or two to just high-five in a panel, grin malevolently, and brag about the evil they are going to do. I want to see those scoundrels getting to it! And then Billy punching them.

Fantastic Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    How about these:
    Billy - Shazam/Captain Shazam
    Mary - Lady Shazam
    Freddy - Kid Shazam
    Darla - Black Shazam
    Pedro - King Shazam
    Eugene - Super Shazam
    Black Shazam? Really?

Personally, I think they should have re-named Captain Marvel: Captain Thunder!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Black Shazam? Really?

Personally, I think they should have re-named Captain Marvel: Captain Thunder!
    How about "Princess SHAZAM"?