Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I wish this had a different creative team. SHAZAM should be an ongoing digital first!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wish this had a different creative team. SHAZAM should be an ongoing digital first!
    The biggest crime about the current Shazam series is that it's great but scheduling killed it. I wish it could continue, I liked a lot of what Johns was doing with it.

And can we all just agree that while Doc Shaner should draw everything, him getting a long run on Shazam would rule?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I thought Johns wrapped his run up pretty well, as belated as it was. I haven't been checking out the Digital First series, but I am not a huge fan of Jurgens, so I think I will skip it.

I think the whole Shazam crew would be better suited to the more self-contained YA and kids books. They could and should still be a part of the DCU to pop up during big events and guest appearances, but only Black Adam has really benefited from being part of the larger interconnected superhero continuity.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The biggest crime about the current Shazam series is that it's great but scheduling killed it. I wish it could continue, I liked a lot of what Johns was doing with it.

And can we all just agree that while Doc Shaner should draw everything, him getting a long run on Shazam would rule?
    I'm looking forward to reading Johns' SHAZAM in one huge swoop. A shame it's ended so soon.

Jeff Parker/Doc Shaner- BOOM there's your next SHAZAM! run.

I think this is decent art and since Mary has been a part of this series might as well post it.

12B06CF6-E6DB-4A57-87F4-72E3A91B2EDD.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

So what are the superhero nAmes of Mary, Freddy, Darla, Eugene, and Pedro?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So what are the superhero nAmes of Mary, Freddy, Darla, Eugene, and Pedro?
    Don't think they have any. I wouldn't mind if Mary still went by Mary Marvel since not all the names have to be derivative of Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don't think they have any. I wouldn't mind if Mary still went by Mary Marvel since not all the names have to be derivative of Shazam.
    Heard “Mighty Mary” as a suggestion and I liked that name.

You're right, they don't. That needs fixing, I wonder if the second movie will give them names and the comics will follow suit?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Also since Freddie no longer stays young during the transformation, we have no potential Teen Titan or Young Justice member from the Shazam Family anymore.

Also means they can't revert to the old names. Captain Marvel Junior doesn't fit when he a) doesn't look like a kid in Shazam mode, and b) isn't even the youngest any more (that's Darla).

Incidentally, I'd say the Shazams can still be Titans - on Dick's team, anyway. Billy's transformation is the only one that doesn't look like he's still in his 20s (he looks like he's Superman's age).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-05-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heard “Mighty Mary” as a suggestion and I liked that name.
    Not bad, better than some of the suggestions I've heard like Mary/Lady Shazam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're right, they don't. That needs fixing, I wonder if the second movie will give them names and the comics will follow suit?
    Think the movies gotta get one for the big man himself first.

The movie never actually called him Shazam?

To the utmost, I agree. As for Freddy, I've always been rather partial towards "CM3"...

Except under the current set-up, "CM3" means absolutely nothing when there isn't a CM1 or -2. Any name he uses really needs to not be dependent on what anyone else's name is.