Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

To be honest, it feels like a weaker version of his time in the JSA. Mary or Freddy Freeman would have been the better options.

I wish the Marvel Family had their own book. Maybe next month.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so after Future State, Tim Sheridan will continue to write Shazam although in the Teen Titans Academy series which apparently Shazam will be a cast member of. Personally I’m fine with Billy joining the Titans, might be fun to have him in a regular series where he can interact with other characters again.
    Hmm...I get Billy is age appropriate but I don't think he fits with the Titans.

I agree Freddy would probably fit more even if he transforms into an adult now.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No Aquaman and no Shazam, so I'm just taking an L here.

Billy is definitely not a Teen Titan. That issue Loveness did a few months ago was legit. He'd slay on a SHAZAM! monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    No Aquaman and no Shazam, so I'm just taking an L here.

Billy is definitely not a Teen Titan. That issue Loveness did a few months ago was legit. He'd slay on a SHAZAM! monthly.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. He's on my short list for Shazam to be sure. In no particular order I've got Russell, Simone (she's wanted it forever and Mary is her favorite character, so you know she's got a killer pitch) and Loveness in the top 3 for a Marvel Family book.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. He's on my short list for Shazam to be sure. In no particular order I've got Russell, Simone (she's wanted it forever and Mary is her favorite character, so you know she's got a killer pitch) and Loveness in the top 3 for a Marvel Family book.
    Russell would be great, I didn't even think of that.

Jeff Parker too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-18-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Russell would be great, I didn't even think of that.

Jeff Parker too.
    How does he (Parker, though Russell as well) not get more work? There's no justice in the world.

I was going to make a new thread about this, but all the people here may be able to respond with a more thought out answer.

It occurred to me that the gods that power Black Adam are all gods, unlike Shazam who has a mix-up of gods, demi-gods and heroes. So why are both character depicted as equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I was going to make a new thread about this, but all the people here may be able to respond with a more thought out answer.

It occurred to me that the gods that power Black Adam are all gods, unlike Shazam who has a mix-up of gods, demi-gods and heroes. So why are both character depicted as equal?
    I have often wondered this myself, especially for Mary.

By the by, Knightmare, cool avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have often wondered this myself, especially for Mary.

By the by, Knightmare, cool avatar!
    Thanks!

Does anyone know the current state of the Shazam-verse? Johns introduce a few new concepts in his run that he didn't really have time to flesh out, do we reckon the next write will use any of these? Or will it be back to business as usual?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Thanks!

Does anyone know the current state of the Shazam-verse? Johns introduce a few new concepts in his run that he didn't really have time to flesh out, do we reckon the next write will use any of these? Or will it be back to business as usual?
    All we really know is that he has his future state book coming out and then when we get back to the present he’s going to be an attending member of Titans Academy. So look for him there, but besides what role his family will take we don’t know.

We do know Black Adam is joining the Justice League so he may or may not make a few appearances there as well to confront Adam, though that depends on Bendis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I've been deep diving back into the Ordway/Kraus run of The Power of SHAZAM and I forgot just how excellent that book is. Cap comes back from venus and the first thing he does is go into a recording studio with Mary and the Wizard to trap Mr. Mind in a headset that they blast with Cap playing a solo on an electric guitar.

This run is pure joy.

I miss Billy and Mary in modern DC comics so much.

I've been deep diving back into the Ordway/Kraus run of The Power of SHAZAM and I forgot just how excellent that book is. Cap comes back from venus and the first thing he does is go into a recording studio with Mary and the Wizard to trap Mr. Mind in a headset that they blast with Cap playing a solo on an electric guitar.

This run is pure joy.

To the utmost, I agree. Truly an emotional moment when it all came to an end (T^T)...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...I get Billy is age appropriate but I don't think he fits with the Titans.

I agree Freddy would probably fit more even if he transforms into an adult now.
    The only way Billy would work is if his secret identity was outed, meaning everyone would know he is in fact a teenager. Otherwise, Darla makes the most narrative sense, since while her transformation does age her up, she still looks the youngest when transformed, and thus can pass for a teenager even in Shazam form. But of course, they're not going to use the other five when Billy wasn't being used.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Billy being in the TITANS is really dumb. He would 100% not want people to know he's a kid.

This run is pure joy.

I LOVED that issue. I dove into some of that run when I was rereading STARMAN this past summer, there's the crossover between both books.

I didn't vibe with the majority of it as much as I vibe with old school Cap or Geoff Johns Cap, but I did like it.