Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I'm not really sure I think every character should be on a team. But connections to a wider world can help drive stories. I don't really care for the JSA on the same earth as the JLA, but if they are, I guess than can work.

Although I wouldn't do it anyway, I can't really picture a group of formerly-Fawcett heroes all on a team, even if they were on their own earth. But I may have well said the same about DC heroes one upon a time - many also designed to inhabit their own worlds. And Billy had some crossovers even way back when.

we can cram all the 'originated on another Earth' on that team
    Wait, does Ted Kord count there? I think he's firmly planted in the JLI now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm not really sure I think every character should be on a team. But connections to a wider world can help drive stories. I don't really care for the JSA on the same earth as the JLA, but if they are, I guess than can work.

Although I wouldn't do it anyway, I can't really picture a group of formerly-Fawcett heroes all on a team, even if they were on their own earth. But I may have well said the same about DC heroes one upon a time - many also designed to inhabit their own worlds. And Billy had some crossovers even way back when.

Wait, does Ted Kord count there? I think he's firmly planted in the JLI now.
    Well... i personally didn't know Ted till JLI, so in my mind he's from the main earth and i'd keep him there. But there are a lot of characters that were created to fill a niche in their own world that Earth one and the JLA already has 2 or 3 of. For those guys I don't mind them occupying thier own little corner of DC without fighting the competition of the 'main JLA guys'.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    JSA. Lessens the comparison to Superman, and he's more "magic-based".
    I liked Billy with the JSA too.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Captain Marvel as he appeared in Justice #5 (June, 2006). Art by Doug Braithwaite and Alex Ross.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Captain Marvel as he appeared in Justice #5 (June, 2006). Art by Doug Braithwaite and Alex Ross.

That was a good series. Wish Alex Ross does another JL maxi series.

Incredible Member

Okay, who is more powerful: Shazam! (Earth-0) or the classic Captain Marvel (Earth-5)? I say "Captain Marvel", since he's that world's direct analog to Superman, rather than Shazam!

Last edited by liwanag; 05-14-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Okay, who is more powerful: Shazam! (Earth-0) or the classic Captain Marvel (Earth-5)? I say "Captain Marvel", since he's that world's direct analog to Superman, rather than Shazam!
    Well I’m gonna assume the earth-5 version but that may be because I’m thinking on terms of Infinite Crisis, where our main earth Shazam is probably more grounded in his abilities than the Earth-5 version who probably from Final Crisis and Multiversity(I.e. Grant Morrison) is more likely to have outlandish abilities and feats.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well, Captain Marvel was as powerful as Superman.... in the silver age. Shazam is as tough as Superman in the Modern Age.... so by default Silver Age is always more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That was a good series. Wish Alex Ross does another JL maxi series.
    Agreed. Justice is certainly an artistic achievement:

And the exquisite artwork for the SHAZAM!/Marvel Family is most memorable of all:

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What teams do you think Shazam! works best on? The JSA, JLA, or JLI?
    I'd say none. I like him popping up in JL from time to time, but he's a kid and should have his own tonal corner of the DCU.

Solicits are out, no Shazam, not even a re-solicit of an issue we knew about. I wonder if it'll end up digital exclusive like Supergirl and The Terrifics?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Justice is certainly an artistic achievement:

And the exquisite artwork for the SHAZAM!/Marvel Family is most memorable of all:

that black adam and mary scene was nail biting. i gotta read that series again.

Alex Ross concept art for...

SHAZAM!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-28-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.