Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I hope that the characters can come back and be fun.

Incredible Member

Does anyone remember the issue where Billy, after assuming the Wizard's position as the Guardian of the Rock of Eternity, was acting crazy, as he was trying to "tame" the Seven Deadly Sins? It was after the "Day of Vengeance" event, when the RoE blew up after the fight between the Wizard and the Specter. I just wanted to know the exact issue it was.

He had some appearances in 52 and JSA that had something like that.

I just got issue twelve today and I see that it is guest written. Is this why the series is currently going up to thirteen issues?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Yes, Johns is doing extra sized issue for the finale if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I just got issue twelve today and I see that it is guest written. Is this why the series is currently going up to thirteen issues?
    There's going to be 15 issues, #12 and #15 being guest written, while Johns wraps up his run in #13 and #14.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

does anyone know when editions 13 and 14 will be released? I haven't seen the data on any website

I guess this pretty cool, there have been a lot of good stories coming from the recent digital work by DC so why not Shazam.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-might-...irst-releases/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Who would everybody like to see relaunch SHAZAM?

I’d want Peter J. Tomasi, he’s done great work with Superman, Supersons, and Damian son of Batman. I think he could do a great job with Shazam and his family. Maybe have Jorge Jimenez on art.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Tomasi sounds like a great writer choice to me. I'd also be keen on Jeff Parker giving it a shot.

As far as art goes, I certainly don't feel like I got enough of the Eagleham/Kolins imagery. I recognize that if they are going a new direction, it isn't likely they'll hang onto the same art team, but if they opted to, I'd certainly be supportive.

Does anyone think that the concept of a larger Shazam! family is limiting the character's outside appearances. I love the concept of a more diverse and team-based Shazam! book, but now I can't imagine Billy showing up and joining a superhero team without the rest of his fam.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Does anyone think that the concept of a larger Shazam! family is limiting the character's outside appearances. I love the concept of a more diverse and team-based Shazam! book, but now I can't imagine Billy showing up and joining a superhero team without the rest of his fam.
    I don’t think it hinders him. But it does hinder those formerly known as Mary Marvel and CM3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not really.

The only prob I can see is if he joins a team and they find out his alternate form is a child, they may give pause to his membership. But 6 kids, I don't think they would accept.

5 kids, technically. Mary's not a kid, she's 18.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman