Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the tk butterfly wings are everything to me

I'm kinda hoping that those are just symbolic and she's just TK super jumping, not flying

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    In my opinion editorial should just give her the crimson dawn's powers and making her purple stuff more closer to red and black, that era is pretty visualy iconic and so disconected from betsy, so its free real estate luvs
    Now that's a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

We better get her damn real name in this. Unless they are back tracking and letting her keep Kwannon. I wouldn't mind that.

If I'm remembering right she said in the first issue that she doesn't claim "Kwannon" as her name but that could just be my memory warping her eschewing its relation to mercy

I'm ready for this to end I think, also I hope Husk dies again.

BANNED

To think the cover that showed us the team would grow would be the "last" one for this book. Quite ironic.

Very Liefeld cover: no feet in existence, gun that's a box, and people not really holding objects in their hands.

Inside: S.S.,D.D.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well Betsy did not always have telekinesis but has had it since early 2000s. Which was explained on panel in X-men Black Sun having to do with a "power swap" with Jean but it was never explained really why she kept manifesting tk powers. Though it was described an nascent power a few times by Claremont in the Revolution run.

They are branding Kwannon with the butterfly effect and psychic knives. My point is that while that imagery may return to Betsy there is a possibility that it may not.
    she has a psychic knife forming butterfly like shapes in the april cover of excalibur, it never left and it simply wont since her legacy as an 80's claremazon has the moth like psychic crown and every other apearence as betsy braddock in kwannons body.

comics are way too inconsistent on the visual side to brand anything new, but history always speak louder than any current editorial tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I hope Husk dies again.
    boo.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    To think the cover that showed us the team would grow would be the "last" one for this book. Quite ironic.
    ugh agreed. this series has felt very strange pace-wise in a sense that a six-issue arc felt mandated...I wanted to see where it would go outside of this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is frustrating trying to figure out their powers. Someone needs to ask. Recall when JDW on twitter acted like Betsy was mostly a telepath now in her new body but she also uses tk. Kwannon sort of acted like she just had tp when talking to Sinister last issue (or the one before I can't recall) and now she's flying. Someone needs to figure this out.

I wish they remembered that both Betsy and Kwannon were telepaths.

Also, while some are hopeful that the butterfly imagery returns to Betsy, Jean fans always said the same about Phoenix and you saw how that turned out. I wouldn't hold your breath. A lot of the things that made Betsy standout are now belong to nuPsylocke.

In an interview Tini Howard didn't seem to realize (or take time to acknowledge) that Betsy was always Psylocke. You would have thought the codename was always with Kwannon.
    Elizabeth was not Psylocke until Mojo and Spiral gave her that name. They implanted bionic eyes in her body to replace her previous eyes that were destroyed. Spiral also did the body swap on Elizabeth.

It makes a certain sense why she doesn’t want to keep the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You better leave Betsy's butterfly alone, Kwannon.

that tramp betsy doesn't own butterflies. pretty sure you could find a million other women that fancy butterflies. i do think they should give her more of her own visuals and a new additional ability.
    Last edited by killerbee; 01-28-2020 at 05:10 PM.

All I keep thinking about is how much of hissy fit X-fans threw about X-23 er I mean Wolverine in this book. In these last two books it has gone 360 degrees away from where people think it was doing. And you have to give Hill credit because it is not like he adjusted on the fly most of it seem to be the intent of the book. Irony is the book establish Laura as the leader the fans wanted and the book is ending. Showing up in X-men is good, being Wolverine again is good but Hill had a good grasp on the character by the end and this book could be a showcase for the character. For all the criticism this book got everyone walked from this book in good shape. Props to Hill