Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    What is it with these books, having a character that is totally wrong?

Excalibur has turned Gambit into a whiny, complaining wuss. Meanwhile, New Mutants has turned Boom Boom into an alcoholic mess. if this is how Boom Boom was presented when I first became aware of her, I would never have liked this character.
    She's pretty much the same reckless, wise crackin character she's always been..... cept when she was going by Meltdown, she got a lil more edge
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    After being attack all sorts of power dampening weapons across all Dawn of Xbooks, you would think the awesome nation of Krakoa would have protective measures initiated to counteract this technology. Maybe the almighty Forge or Beast could design some sort of biological defense mechanism in the clothing. It’s just being so redundant whether it be the golden girls, the Russian soldiers or Xavier’s assassins. Anyways, I’d love to see those punks use them against the big baddies like Apocalypse, Sinister and Exodus.
    Marauders will be dealing with the power dampening technology in an upcoming issue. Don't worry the X writers know what it is lol

New Mutants #1 was such a great start. I'm unfortunately not interested in those "sides" stories.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Marauders will be dealing with the power dampening technology in an upcoming issue. Don't worry the X writers know what it is lol
    It’d be pretty neat if it turns out they have Leech and found a way to bottle him (though he’s meant to be safe with the FF, of course). Otherwise, mutant power damping is kind of lame and unsatisfying compared to power specific blocks like psi (could just be a psychic white noise emitter). I mean, if you can block a power just because it’s from the x-gene, should Herman turn into a regular human?

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    What is it with these books, having a character that is totally wrong?

Excalibur has turned Gambit into a whiny, complaining wuss. Meanwhile, New Mutants has turned Boom Boom into an alcoholic mess. if this is how Boom Boom was presented when I first became aware of her, I would never have liked this character.
    Boom Boom, like Elsa Bloodstone and Machine Man, has been a joke since Nextwave. Monica was the only one who could escape that fate thanks to Ewing.

Ultimate Member

I don't remember Tabitha ever being a drunk until more recently, as I wonder if she's even 21 and nobody seems to care how much she drinks, even those who are supposed to be her friends, she could be snarky sure but not to this level...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't remember Tabitha ever being a drunk until more recently, as I wonder if she's even 21 and nobody seems to care how much she drinks, even those who are supposed to be her friends, she could be snarky sure but not to this level...
    I thought the whole point of the age limit being well after that of other countries was that Americans instantly massively overdo it when they hit 21, and get so sick that later in life they never have more than one pint at lunch. Certainly the limit in 18 in the U.K., and we’re all raging alcoholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Boom Boom, like Elsa Bloodstone and Machine Man, has been a joke since Nextwave. Monica was the only one who could escape that fate thanks to Ewing.
    To be fair, Elsa was a cheap knock-off of Buffy and Lara Croft before Ellis elevated her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    To be fair, Elsa was a cheap knock-off of Buffy and Lara Croft before Ellis elevated her.
    Yes, but what I mean is that they are only used as a source of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    i'd have to revisit the Polina X-Force. she had a lot of page time in those books. i know that she hooked up with Sunspot when she was drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'd have to revisit the Polina X-Force. she had a lot of page time in those books. i know that she hooked up with Sunspot when she was drunk.
    Ehhhh she had hooked up with hm a crap ton of times....some of them while she was sober...lol

If I had a .05 for every time I would say something similar to the Bolded ....
    I'd have about $12.25
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    eh I dunno even in her earliest appearances w/ x-factor she was responsible for the brunt of comic relief. Simonson was really good at walking that line with her though, where Tabby could be someone you laugh at but also empathize with. I guess it helps that she was written as a lot younger then

To me, her alcoholism makes sense if we're looking at her as someone relatively emotionally immature coping with huge changes to her life, especially considering the accepted party culture of the island. Its early yet, but where I can see this going wrong if its only ever played as "haha lets laugh at the idiot drunk"...lets delve into it. I want to see her keep her hard edges too

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Gah. Even though I'm never a fan of space stories or the Shiar, I've been enjoying seeing how the "main" line-up has been shaking out.

This is really not for me. No interest in these characters, the writer or the art.

Ultimate Member

Well she was emotionally immature when she first showed up, just that over the years she had matured a fair deal, sure not to the Nth degree but she had grown a lot from where she had started, you would laugh at some of what she said but not really her anymore, during the Nicieza X-Force days she was the youngest of the team but I don't remember her drinking, as for Sunspot she pretty much put him in the past years ago and only started drinking about the time that Cable had that small team when Domino and Colossus first got paired off where Tabitha became the drunk party girl, so I don't think that Krakoa had much if anything at all to do with it, that's just how she's portrayed now, that she's a total drunk and nobody seems to care sadly...

have we all read nextwave, the best marvel comic ever