Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default NEW MUTANTS #6 Preview

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...nts-6-preview/
    (W) Ed Brisson
    (A) Flaviano Armentaro
    (C) Rod Reis

A simple visit to check in on old friends in the human world has gone wrong – dangerously wrong. With innocent lives on the line, Armor and the other young mutants have their hands tied… but escaping without collateral damage looks increasingly impossible.

Mighty Member

Mediocre story..... I will pass on this one and wait for the space story to buy.

Reading this preview is like dropping from B+ in issue 5 to D+ in issue 6.

The colors by Rod Reis is fantastic and the art is good though.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-25-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Ultimate Member

Still very unhappy that they've reduced Tabitha to a drunken joke...

The power dampening bomb thing is so dumb.

BANNED

Alcoholic Boom Boom is a mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd prefer it if it was some sort of grenade that spreads miniaturized power dampeners across the field as shrapnel

Right, like it’s a weapon specifically designed for Armor because anyone else getting hit with that is just... dead. And is it just the force of the explosion that does the dampening, because being an inch away from the impact zone should still have that same effect.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Mediocre story..... I will pass on this one and wait for the space story to buy.

Reading this preview is like dropping from B+ in issue 5 to D+ in issue 6.

The colors by Rod Reis is fantastic and the art is good though.
    Ugh. To go from well written characters like Sunspot, Magik, and Moonstar fighting the Shiiar to Glob, and a badly written Armor and Boom Boom fighting hillbillies who have high tech (why would hillbillies have high tech?) really does suck.

Boom Boom has been reduced to a drunken joke because she's a character male writers who think they're feminists would find easy to write. She's basically whiten as a dude bro.

I'm getting anxiety thinking about what all happen to Sunspot, Moonstar, and Magik once Brisson takes over them. My prediction is he'll write them as supporting characters to Glob, the Maxine twins, and the badly written Armor, and Boom Boom who under Brissson's writing should just be called Boomer once again.

Ultimate Member

I still think that Meltdown works best for Tabitha, and until her recent drunk times she had been growing as a character and becoming better and more mature, then she got reduced to a drunken Paris Hilton blonde bimbo clone...and she deserves better imho...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I still think that Meltdown works best for Tabitha, and until her recent drunk times she had been growing as a character and becoming better and more mature, then she got reduced to a drunken Paris Hilton blonde bimbo clone...and she deserves better imho...
    Never really been a big fan, but Brisson writes her horribly. Wasn't she also the hot dumb drunken blond f*ck up in his XFORCE series?

Ultimate Member

I think so, I think that he wrote her as a stereotype of a sorority party girl, back during the old Counter X days and such she had been maturing as a character and was anything but a drunk...then that all changed because Marvel seems to see Tabitha as little more than a joke of a character...

I've been a fan of hers since back during Nicieza's X-Force run...

I agree. This was the opportunity to do something so radically different from past stories, but it seems just like this follows the same cast set as his OML, Extermination, and NextGen stories. There’s nothing reinventive and besides slightly expanding on the Krakoan medication, the other story is a wide-spanning cosmic GOT that’s affecting the wider Marvel Universe. I think all the titles are doing that in some fashion, even Fallen Angels with the pseudofuturism and homo novissima follow up. So far Brisson is writing a story that just as easily could’ve been an “Armor tries to get Beak and Angel to come to the Xavier Institute” story.

Nothing screams “DAWN OF X” about it. It’s boring.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The publishing schedule is so...unfortunate.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Fantastic Member

After being attack all sorts of power dampening weapons across all Dawn of Xbooks, you would think the awesome nation of Krakoa would have protective measures initiated to counteract this technology. Maybe the almighty Forge or Beast could design some sort of biological defense mechanism in the clothing. It’s just being so redundant whether it be the golden girls, the Russian soldiers or Xavier’s assassins. Anyways, I’d love to see those punks use them against the big baddies like Apocalypse, Sinister and Exodus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Right, like it’s a weapon specifically designed for Armor because anyone else getting hit with that is just... dead. And is it just the force of the explosion that does the dampening, because being an inch away from the impact zone should still have that same effect.
    Yeah, exactly! I would accept it if it was like an EMP kind of thing, so that's a bomb that generates a dampening wave.

But this looks like you need to be hit and then you're just dead after that