Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    After being attack all sorts of power dampening weapons across all Dawn of Xbooks, you would think the awesome nation of Krakoa would have protective measures initiated to counteract this technology. Maybe the almighty Forge or Beast could design some sort of biological defense mechanism in the clothing. It’s just being so redundant whether it be the golden girls, the Russian soldiers or Xavier’s assassins. Anyways, I’d love to see those punks use them against the big baddies like Apocalypse, Sinister and Exodus.
    Luckily, it is going to be addressed in Marauders from what it looks like.

ah the formidable power dampening bomb strikes again. I was kinda hoping for more space stuff.

I have no problem with the power dampening tech existing or being common at all. This entire time every time mutants say they're afraid of humans or are losing to any non-powered humans I've had to roll my eyes. Most of the low level mutants have a power that could cripple or kill groups of humans. In order to flip that dynamic there humanity needs to have numerous hard counters that make the mass retreat to Krakoa even remotely plausible. Power dampening tech being ubiquitous in a world that also creates Sentinels, Predator Xs, etc... is just fine. But the execution has been clumsy, as many have noted. Askani mentioned a really good idea: There should be an arms race of power dampening, mutant counters to it, and humans surpassing that council.

Hell, one of the big themes of HoX/PoX was that humans are actually the superior species. In a clash between species, they were able to adapt and thrive, altering the environment to suit them in the process. It'd be cool if we start seeing the seeds of this in the present day Marvel Universe. It would allow it to dovetail much more naturally into the rest of the DoX stuff than it is now.

Yeah. No. Not sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Such a disappointing part of New Mutants.

I wish they had brought top tier writers to all the titles.

Mike Carey, Keiron Gillen, etc

Brisson is merp. meh. blah.

And the art. It's subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I agree. This was the opportunity to do something so radically different from past stories, but it seems just like this follows the same cast set as his OML, Extermination, and NextGen stories. There’s nothing reinventive and besides slightly expanding on the Krakoan medication, the other story is a wide-spanning cosmic GOT that’s affecting the wider Marvel Universe. I think all the titles are doing that in some fashion, even Fallen Angels with the pseudofuturism and homo novissima follow up. So far Brisson is writing a story that just as easily could’ve been an “Armor tries to get Beak and Angel to come to the Xavier Institute” story.

Nothing screams “DAWN OF X” about it. It’s boring.
    I think the bolded is the reason why a lot of folks who don't take issue with choice of cast are still kind of meh on the Brisson chapters. There's no reason he couldn't , for example, be running Glob, Armor, M&M and Tabby doing a space-side B-plot with Xandra's dogsbody. It wouldn't be as high stakes as the Hickman chapters, but it would be relevant to the plot most of the readers were already there for, and the two stories could enhance each other. But the avenue he and Hickman have chosen to take is so blatantly filler that I think it's a little bit of a general turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    ah the formidable power dampening bomb strikes again. I was kinda hoping for more space stuff.
    Muh damping bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Alcoholic Boom Boom is a mood.
    And a very entertaining one.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

the first trade of the book collects 1, 2, 5, and 7, which is completely normal and indicates that the format of these two stories in this title was definitely a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, exactly! I would accept it if it was like an EMP kind of thing, so that's a bomb that generates a dampening wave.

But this looks like you need to be hit and then you're just dead after that
    Yeah, something like a dampening grenade from a videogame. Right now, its literally less useful than an actual rocket.

"It's drug dealers from Costa Perdita in Nebraska." That line is so stupid in ways I don't think its meant to be

One more month and we can all pretend this book was cancelled. Amen amen amen.

These issues imo are the better of them, and you know how much I love the OG New Mutants. I just hate stories in Space.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I still think that Meltdown works best for Tabitha, and until her recent drunk times she had been growing as a character and becoming better and more mature, then she got reduced to a drunken Paris Hilton blonde bimbo clone...and she deserves better imho...
    Lol UES! Dude!! Yes ...to ALLLLL this lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Brisson seems intent on killing the book's momentum.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

What is it with these books, having a character that is totally wrong?

Excalibur has turned Gambit into a whiny, complaining wuss. Meanwhile, New Mutants has turned Boom Boom into an alcoholic mess. if this is how Boom Boom was presented when I first became aware of her, I would never have liked this character.