Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

If memory serves she wasn't portrayed very well in that...

All four old characters in Nextwave are better because of Nextwave (Monica is a special case where she was just the straight man coping with her irrelevance, so she wasn't very different) and writers have used both Bloodstone (in books like Spurrier and Walker's Marvel Zombies) and Machine Man (in Iron Man) in serious stories giving them prominent roles while still maintaining the Nextwave personalities that make them more entertaining. Tabby never gets her own stories, but writers are pretty good at bringing in the Nextwave humor without making her braindead, and she's been a goofball since the 80's. The problem is that no one ever does stuff beyond that, because when she does get a place in a book it's in a team and she's low priority. Brisson is the only writer who seems to want to push her, but I don't know if it's because he has an actual plan or because she's good comedy relief.

I like every character in Nextwave SIGNIFICANTLY more because of their involvement in that title. Elsa gets used in humorous roles but she’s hardly slapstick. Boom Boom is goofy as hell but I love it for her and it’s carved her a more unique lane in the X-World (and tbf I’ve loved Tabby since X-Terminators/X-Factor).

Ultimate Member

Well during Counter X Tabitha left the goofy comic relief side of herself behind and had started to grow up before all or much of that was thrown away and we have her as she is now...she could still do the humor but it was a darker more sarcastic humor and not a drunken airhead humor that gets annoying really fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    After being attack all sorts of power dampening weapons across all Dawn of Xbooks, you would think the awesome nation of Krakoa would have protective measures initiated to counteract this technology. Maybe the almighty Forge or Beast could design some sort of biological defense mechanism in the clothing. It’s just being so redundant whether it be the golden girls, the Russian soldiers or Xavier’s assassins. Anyways, I’d love to see those punks use them against the big baddies like Apocalypse, Sinister and Exodus.
    Why do I get the feeling that their defensive measures would involve more trees and/or plants? If the X-Men got any more of a green thumb I'd swear they were in league with Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that their defensive measures would involve more trees and/or plants? If the X-Men got any more of a green thumb I'd swear they were in league with Poison Ivy.
    Black Tom Cassidy >>> Poison Ivy.

He could rock her outfits, she couldn't rock his sexy mustache.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I demand Krakoa grow the plant from Little Shop Of Horrors! Feed me Seymour!

Dark issue.

Still don’t care for the villains or the reveal.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Real dark, I'm wondering just how bad it's going to come back and bite everyone in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    I demand Krakoa grow the plant from Little Shop Of Horrors! Feed me Seymour!
    I love that movie. Have you checked the new Harley Quinn cartoon? Ivy has got a plant that is literally Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Dark issue.

Damn yeah it got very dark very fast

BANNED

Like his characters, Brisson has his heart in the right place, but his execution is very bland. Not bad, with some positive spots, but an overall extremely average issue.

I guess this introduces another threat but I am not too impressed with them. The book was fine ,the twins are pretty interesting in short spurts. Boom Boom remain good even if it is not the best characterization of her and she belongs on book where she can attention and they can use her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Dark issue.

I was going to skip it, but looks like I might have to take a look after all.

they are really dumb here. WTF