Default A question about Back To the Future 2

So in this movie old Biff goes back in time to give the sports almanac to young Biff. Doc and Marty go back to 1955 to stop him and go through all kinds of trouble. Wouldnt it have been easier to go back to 2015 and fish the almanac out of the trash? It always kind of bugged me.

And wouldnt the whole town be kind of pissed at Doc Brown for breaking the clock tower? I mean the cop saw him getting set up and Doc applied for a permit to run his experiment.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-25-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    So in this movie old Biff goes back in time to give the sports almanac to young Biff. Doc and Marty go back to 1955 to stop him and go through all kinds of trouble. Wouldnt it have been easier to go back to 2015 and fish the almanac out of the trash? It always kind of bugged me.
    Doc says they can't because if they go to 2015 from where they are, they'd be going to that 1985's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Doc says they can't because if they go to 2015 from where they are, they'd be going to that 1985's future.
    I must have missed that. Thanks.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here's the dialogue:

Marty: So we go back to the future, and we stop Biff from stealing the time machine.
    Doc Brown: We can't, because if we travel into the future from this point in time, it will be the future of THIS reality, in which Biff is corrupt, powerful, and married to your mother, and in which THIS has happened to ME!!
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Here's the dialogue:

Marty: So we go back to the future, and we stop Biff from stealing the time machine.
    Doc Brown: We can't, because if we travel into the future from this point in time, it will be the future of THIS reality, in which Biff is corrupt, powerful, and married to your mother, and in which THIS has happened to ME!!
    I will rewatch and make sure I catch that this time.

Ultimate Member

If memory serves there was also a comment about electronics in the 3rd movie when in the beginning Marty tells Doc about how all the best stuff is made in Japan, and Doc says something about that he understands why because of their small fingers or something along those lines, basically a line that some could consider offensive so it was taken out in later versions of the movie...

I will rewatch and make sure I catch that this time.
    Its during the scene in which Doc explains what's going on with the chalk board, fyi, right after Doc finds Marty at his father's grave.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, while I never understood how Doc and Marty were protected from the changes while they were in the future at Marty's house while future Biff joy-rode the Delorian, once they got back, the logic of why they had to steal the book from '50s-era Biff made sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I guess the "ripple effect" sometimes takes time; take the photo in the first film for instance. Also makes you wonder if there were 1985B counterparts of Marty and Doc in Switzerland and in an asylum.

The biggest plot hole I think is that the older Doc in 1885 doesn't seem to remember anything about helping to send Marty back to save him in 1955. Could be the "ripple effect" again,
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

And wouldnt the whole town be kind of pissed at Doc Brown for breaking the clock tower? I mean the cop saw him getting set up and Doc applied for a permit to run his experiment.
    Actually, Doc didn't have any permit, he bribed the cop, you can see him opening his wallet when he was looking for the "permit". There's a deleted scene where you can watch him explicitly giving the money to the cop.

Besides, it was still the lightning the one which damaged the Clock tower.