Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hamburgers vs Hot Dogs

Plot Gods decree you can only eat either hamburgers or hot dogs/sausages for the rest of your life. This is not exclusive of other foods, but one becomes forbidden.

The up side is that you get a magical supply of the one you choose. Just wave your hand and either the perfect hamburger, or the perfect hot dog/sausage, appears before you.

The meat is always top quality, always prepared to specifications. The buns and fries and condiments are perfect, and of the most healthful quality.

You can manifest enough food to feed a family of twelve daily.

But... you can never eat the opposite of what you choose.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-25-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Does the hot dog denial include things like pepperoni, sausage for pizza, and the like? Because if so... I'll still take hamburgers, but I'll miss meat lovers, pepperoni, and similar pizzas.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Does the hot dog denial include things like pepperoni, sausage for pizza, and the like? Because if so... I'll still take hamburgers, but I'll miss meat lovers, pepperoni, and similar pizzas.
    No, sorry, if you choose burgers, the pepperoni and sausage disappears from any piece of pizza you try to eat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    No, sorry, if you choose burgers, the pepperoni and sausage disappears from any piece of pizza you try to eat.
    So will that work the same way with hamburger ala anything that uses ground beef?

You can have sirloin, or steaks and beef that's not ground.

Could be problems, though if you like spaghetti and meatballs....

Plot God magic determines where the line is drawn between dogs and burgers.

If you press raw, ground meat outside of the sausage casing, does that invalidate its existence as a sausage?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Plot Gods decree you can only eat either hamburgers or hot dogs/sausages for the rest of your life. This is not exclusive of other foods, but one becomes forbidden.
    It doesn't matter, I won't be using this superpower regardless.

...of the most healthful quality.
    It is to laugh.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It doesn't matter, I won't be using this superpower regardless.

It is to laugh.
    What? Why?

No animals are hurt when you magically manifest food.

No industrial nastiness or creepy-crawler parts get in there either.

What? Why?

No animals are hurt when you magically manifest food.
    It's still....

1. Gross. After 15 years of not eating animal products, even smelling them cooking now invites nausea (this is not an exaggeration). I don't want to eat either of these things, thank you.
    2. Not healthy. Yes, I realize this is open to debate depending on which scientific studies one peruses (though how one can argue that the french fries are healthy, I wonder with great amusement). I've been looking at a variety of different ones -- from both sides -- for fifteen years now, and in many cases checking not only their methodology but the 'sponsors' (and the reviews/discussions). I'm pretty satisfied with the conclusions I follow (despite, yes, encountering some bullcrap on the plant-based side of things as well...neither side is immune). My reasons were asked wrt the Rumble, and given; if someone wants to discuss this further with me, feel free to PM. This is Rumbles, not a nutrition debate board.

Kudos for taking the environmental and cruelty issues out of this, though!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

how one can argue that the french fries are healthy, I wonder with great amusement
    French fries can be prepared with a specialized hot air cooker. Instead of boiling oil/grease, you use superheated air.

I only know one joint that does it this way. The machines are expensive.

But yeah, quality of potato, spices, and superheated air.

So, you're magically manifesting your food here, you can just think about the way you want your fries "prepared." It shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-27-2020 at 09:26 AM.

French fries can be prepared with a specialized hot air cooker. Instead of boiling oil/grease, you use superheated air.
    Well, that's one thing that wouldn't be unhealthy, then. ^_^

The only problem being that it appears with either a hotdog or a hamburger, at which point...appetite gone. :P So again, whatever; don't much care either way, and allow the omnipotent being to pick whichever. Or flip a coin. Or roll a die.

I'm just not going to be using it.
    Why are we here?

It's still....

1. Gross. After 15 years of not eating animal products, even smelling them cooking now invites nausea (this is not an exaggeration). I don't want to eat either of these things, thank you.
    2. Not healthy. Yes, I realize this is open to debate depending on which scientific studies one peruses (though how one can argue that the french fries are healthy, I wonder with great amusement). I've been looking at a variety of different ones -- from both sides -- for fifteen years now, and in many cases checking not only their methodology but the 'sponsors' (and the reviews/discussions). I'm pretty satisfied with the conclusions I follow (despite, yes, encountering some bullcrap on the plant-based side of things as well...neither side is immune). My reasons were asked wrt the Rumble, and given; if someone wants to discuss this further with me, feel free to PM. This is Rumbles, not a nutrition debate board.

Kudos for taking the environmental and cruelty issues out of this, though!
    I would reccomend giving Sharp a PM on the matter.

My family has made drastic but welcome dietary changes in part because of his advice as well as... other reasons, and we have all had fairly obvious boosts to our general health and mood.

I'm not perfect though, and can/have been tempted by the occasional burger. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just pick hot dogs and I’ll pick burgers.

Then I can just have your hot dogs, sausages etc, etc.

Problem solved.
    That's an awful long way to send a hotdog, man. It won't be edible by the time it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I would reccomend giving Sharp a PM on the matter.

My family has made drastic but welcome dietary changes in part because of his advice as well as... other reasons, and we have all had fairly obvious boosts to our general health and mood.

I'm not perfect though, and can/have been tempted by the occasional burger. :P
    Even small changes help; don't let people tell you that if you can't do something perfectly, it's not worth doing. That's a wonderful fallacy people try to use.
    Why are we here?