Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,376

    Default

    This had me thinking of Hamburgers so much, that in honor, Hamburgers tonite for dinner!

    I will be looking forward to my FREE order arriving in a few hours.......

  2. #17
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,874

    Default

    I think this thread just pushed me all the way to vegan.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Shai-Hulud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I think this thread just pushed me all the way to vegan.
    Why?

    Whichever you choose, the meat is of the highest quality, highest purity, maximum nutrition. It'd be like eating fresh-killed meat from 1000 years ago, before industrial pollutants, chemicals, packaging and whatnot, but also guaranteed parasite-free.

    Also, no animals killed, if that's an issue.

    Great protein, plus the usual condiments, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles, all of the highest quality, maxed out with whatever nutrients they usually have. Arguably mushrooms, too, if you're a fan of the cheddar-mushroom burger, much beloved by some.

    The Plot Gods offer you delicious free food for life, but you decline....?


  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    The wisdom of the Plot Gods is far beyond me. I'm just a mortal worm.

    And so are you. Hamburgers or hot dogs?

    You can experiment after you get your magic.
    Whelp, hot dogs - and by extension sausage - it is.

    Specifically, the type of meat that might conventionally go into a sausage encompasses a wider scope of preparations than pressed beef patties, plus pescetarian and vegetarian options.

    ...gotta cast a wide net of options here, no way can I eat provisions for twelve lol

  5. #20
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Why?

    Whichever you choose, the meat is of the highest quality, highest purity, maximum nutrition. It'd be like eating fresh-killed meat from 1000 years ago, before industrial pollutants, chemicals, packaging and whatnot, but also guaranteed parasite-free.

    Also, no animals killed, if that's an issue.

    Great protein, plus the usual condiments, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles, all of the highest quality, maxed out with whatever nutrients they usually have. Arguably mushrooms, too, if you're a fan of the cheddar-mushroom burger, much beloved by some.

    The Plot Gods offer you delicious free food for life, but you decline....?

    I like to be contrarian?

    Nah, if it could be done with no animal cruelty at all, I'd sign straight up for those burgers. That part wasn't mentioned in the initial post.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  6. #21

    Default

    Hotdog burgers is the combination I will wish for.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  7. #22
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Plot Gods decree you can only eat either hamburgers or hot dogs/sausages for the rest of your life. This is not exclusive of other foods, but one becomes forbidden.
    It doesn't matter, I won't be using this superpower regardless.

    ...of the most healthful quality.
    It is to laugh.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  8. #23
    Mighty Member Shai-Hulud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It doesn't matter, I won't be using this superpower regardless.



    It is to laugh.
    What? Why?

    No animals are hurt when you magically manifest food.

    No industrial nastiness or creepy-crawler parts get in there either.


  9. #24
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    What? Why?

    No animals are hurt when you magically manifest food.
    It's still....

    1. Gross. After 15 years of not eating animal products, even smelling them cooking now invites nausea (this is not an exaggeration). I don't want to eat either of these things, thank you.
    2. Not healthy. Yes, I realize this is open to debate depending on which scientific studies one peruses (though how one can argue that the french fries are healthy, I wonder with great amusement). I've been looking at a variety of different ones -- from both sides -- for fifteen years now, and in many cases checking not only their methodology but the 'sponsors' (and the reviews/discussions). I'm pretty satisfied with the conclusions I follow (despite, yes, encountering some bullcrap on the plant-based side of things as well...neither side is immune). My reasons were asked wrt the Rumble, and given; if someone wants to discuss this further with me, feel free to PM. This is Rumbles, not a nutrition debate board.

    Kudos for taking the environmental and cruelty issues out of this, though!
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  10. #25
    Mighty Member Shai-Hulud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    how one can argue that the french fries are healthy, I wonder with great amusement
    French fries can be prepared with a specialized hot air cooker. Instead of boiling oil/grease, you use superheated air.

    I only know one joint that does it this way. The machines are expensive.

    But yeah, quality of potato, spices, and superheated air.

    So, you're magically manifesting your food here, you can just think about the way you want your fries "prepared." It shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-27-2020 at 09:26 AM.

  11. #26
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    French fries can be prepared with a specialized hot air cooker. Instead of boiling oil/grease, you use superheated air.
    Well, that's one thing that wouldn't be unhealthy, then. ^_^

    The only problem being that it appears with either a hotdog or a hamburger, at which point...appetite gone. :P So again, whatever; don't much care either way, and allow the omnipotent being to pick whichever. Or flip a coin. Or roll a die.

    I'm just not going to be using it.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  12. #27
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, that's one thing that wouldn't be unhealthy, then. ^_^

    The only problem being that it appears with either a hotdog or a hamburger, at which point...appetite gone. :P So again, whatever; don't much care either way, and allow the omnipotent being to pick whichever. Or flip a coin. Or roll a die.

    I'm just not going to be using it.
    Just pick hot dogs and I’ll pick burgers.

    Then I can just have your hot dogs, sausages etc, etc.

    Problem solved.

    If you’re a meat-eater in this quandary, your local vegan is your friend. You may have to put up with some judging and accepting the moral low ground, but if you can put up with that, you’re gold.

    Edit: BTW, Sharp, I know you’re not the judgy type.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's still....

    1. Gross. After 15 years of not eating animal products, even smelling them cooking now invites nausea (this is not an exaggeration). I don't want to eat either of these things, thank you.
    2. Not healthy. Yes, I realize this is open to debate depending on which scientific studies one peruses (though how one can argue that the french fries are healthy, I wonder with great amusement). I've been looking at a variety of different ones -- from both sides -- for fifteen years now, and in many cases checking not only their methodology but the 'sponsors' (and the reviews/discussions). I'm pretty satisfied with the conclusions I follow (despite, yes, encountering some bullcrap on the plant-based side of things as well...neither side is immune). My reasons were asked wrt the Rumble, and given; if someone wants to discuss this further with me, feel free to PM. This is Rumbles, not a nutrition debate board.

    Kudos for taking the environmental and cruelty issues out of this, though!
    I would reccomend giving Sharp a PM on the matter.

    My family has made drastic but welcome dietary changes in part because of his advice as well as... other reasons, and we have all had fairly obvious boosts to our general health and mood.

    I'm not perfect though, and can/have been tempted by the occasional burger. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  14. #29
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just pick hot dogs and I’ll pick burgers.

    Then I can just have your hot dogs, sausages etc, etc.

    Problem solved.
    That's an awful long way to send a hotdog, man. It won't be edible by the time it arrives.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I would reccomend giving Sharp a PM on the matter.

    My family has made drastic but welcome dietary changes in part because of his advice as well as... other reasons, and we have all had fairly obvious boosts to our general health and mood.

    I'm not perfect though, and can/have been tempted by the occasional burger. :P
    Even small changes help; don't let people tell you that if you can't do something perfectly, it's not worth doing. That's a wonderful fallacy people try to use.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  15. #30
    Incredible Member Sol_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If you’re a meat-eater in this quandary, your local vegan is your friend. You may have to put up with some judging and accepting the moral low ground, but if you can put up with that, you’re gold.
    No moral low ground here, since the food just appears out of thin air.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •