Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
That, I find stupid, considering how paranoid Magneto has always been. No defence system? No planes? No radars? The Genoshans have been completely surprised? They were supposed having built an advanced society.

It is like they have been waited to be slaughtered to become the symbol of mutant martyrdom.
I think the X-men narrative didn`t really take Genosha as a symbol or even a plot point until Hickman`s who`s taking a more realist approach to an event like that happening in the MU, it should have had an impact since Morrison`s run but imo my guess is that he just wanted to get rid of the island and build a mutant society closer to the X-men mansion in NY this fact really made me not care about his run that much given he himself didn`t take seriously the events happening in his own story and Planet X was the worse for me, even decimation was it`s own thing and Genosha was forgotten for a long time until now, except of course for the characters more affected by it Magneto, Emma and Lorna.