Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    252

    Default Jafar (Animated Version) vs. Doctor Strange (MCU Version)

    Jafar (after his 2nd wish) vs. Doctor Strange (MCU Version). Who wins?

  2. #2
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Jafar (after his 2nd wish) vs. Doctor Strange (MCU Version). Who wins?
    Jafar has bigger bangs, but Strange can always just mirror dimension or otherwise ddump (or limitless fall) the guy, and Jafar lacks feats for coming back from that.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

  3. #3

    Default

    Again, do we have a video of Strange using the mirror dimension in a quick draw capacity that doesnt involve him entering the thing?

    The big wall of shield was kinda slow (still useful) and the one AoE version of it I've seen had him entering it along with everything else.

    The portal fall is also good but not fast.

    I haven't seen the new Aladdin so I have no idea who wins. I'm just trying to establish Strange's feats for clarity.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Again, do we have a video of Strange using the mirror dimension in a quick draw capacity that doesnt involve him entering the thing?

    The big wall of shield was kinda slow (still useful) and the one AoE version of it I've seen had him entering it along with everything else.

    The portal fall is also good but not fast.

    I haven't seen the new Aladdin so I have no idea who wins. I'm just trying to establish Strange's feats for clarity.
    He said the animated version so he probably means the Robin Williams version. It's been so long since I've seen it that I couldn't say.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  5. #5
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    He said the animated version so he probably means the Robin Williams version. It's been so long since I've seen it that I couldn't say.
    IIRC he had a load of kill spells and was ready to throw them out with just a gesture. He turned the monkey into a toy, unraveled the carpet and did SOMETHING to Rajah. He trapped Jasmine in a hourglass like she was Dorthey. Heck I think he only did the snake thing to fight Aladdin "fairly" because he thought it was funny.

    EDIT turned him into a kitten. That's kind of what I thought. I left off the "Blasted a tower into the Artic" levels of magical force too.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  6. #6
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    IIRC he had a load of kill spells and was ready to throw them out with just a gesture. He turned the monkey into a toy, unraveled the carpet and did SOMETHING to Rajah. He trapped Jasmine in a hourglass like she was Dorthey. Heck I think he only did the snake thing to fight Aladdin "fairly" because he thought it was funny.

    EDIT turned him into a kitten. That's kind of what I thought. I left off the "Blasted a tower into the Artic" levels of magical force too.
    Oh yeah, he's got some really big bang stuff. Much bigger than MCU Strange.

    Strange sends a wall of mirror dimension whatever to Thanos, who stops it, but "most of Infinity Gauntlet" is stronger than Jafar.

    Strange also has portals he can open pretty quickly when he wants to - they don't all take time. He can also create tons of illusions of himself to distract. And of course he can do that thing with the tentacles.

    It's a quickdraw I guess, but Strange does things like transform esoteric and straight power attacks from Thanos and the Guantlet into harmless nothings with a gesture, whereas he just needs to dump Jafar somewhere to ensure that he can't come back from there.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Oh yeah, he's got some really big bang stuff. Much bigger than MCU Strange.

    Strange sends a wall of mirror dimension whatever to Thanos, who stops it, but "most of Infinity Gauntlet" is stronger than Jafar.

    Strange also has portals he can open pretty quickly when he wants to - they don't all take time. He can also create tons of illusions of himself to distract. And of course he can do that thing with the tentacles.

    It's a quickdraw I guess, but Strange does things like transform esoteric and straight power attacks from Thanos and the Guantlet into harmless nothings with a gesture, whereas he just needs to dump Jafar somewhere to ensure that he can't come back from there.
    It's pretty much a quick draw. Jafar can transmute Strange with a flick of the wrist and Strange has no way to counter it.

  8. #8
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It's pretty much a quick draw. Jafar can transmute Strange with a flick of the wrist and Strange has no way to counter it.
    Why not? He counters Thanos' doing stuff just fine.

    Jafar is the one with no real defensive feats, because he's never attacked by a peer or a better.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    He said the animated version so he probably means the Robin Williams version. It's been so long since I've seen it that I couldn't say.
    Oh! For whatever reason, I just assumed. Whoops! In that case, I can totally comment. =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It's pretty much a quick draw. Jafar can transmute Strange with a flick of the wrist and Strange has no way to counter it.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Why not? He counters Thanos' doing stuff just fine.

    Jafar is the one with no real defensive feats, because he's never attacked by a peer or a better.
    This isn't like the Maleficent thread. Jafar cant /literally/ flick his wrist or snap his fingers to achieve those effects. He had to point and shoot a beam out of his staff. Strange should be able to counter that sort of head on attack just fine.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh! For whatever reason, I just assumed. Whoops! In that case, I can totally comment. =)





    This isn't like the Maleficent thread. Jafar cant /literally/ flick his wrist or snap his fingers to achieve those effects. He had to point and shoot a beam out of his staff. Strange should be able to counter that sort of head on attack just fine.
    Ah. Haven't seen the movie in quite some time. If he actually has to shoot a beam then yes Strange can stop it.

  11. #11
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And of course he can do that thing with the tentacles.
    I really think that was some kind of a nod to the Crimson Bands.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •