Default U-Foes vs Justice Leaguers

U-Foes: Ironclad, Vapor, Vector, and X-Ray.

Justice Leaguers: Big Barda, Booster Gold, Cyborg, and Red Tornado

* U-Foes are 616 versions.

* Justice Leaguers have combined feats of Post-Crisis and Current versions.

Standard arena match.

The Ufoes have some different and powerful abilities, but I never saw them really show their potential or win over a team.

I think JL has better showings of winning fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The Ufoes have some different and powerful abilities, but I never saw them really show their potential or win over a team.

I think JL has better showings of winning fights.
    That's certainly correct in both cases, that's how it plays out in the comics. No argument there.

But on the Rumbles Board we do things differently. In what we call an "Arena Match," it's assumed the two parties go at it with the full expression of their abilities. It's their high-end feats that count, not their low end feats.

We call the later PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity) or jobbing. So if, say, Speed Demon forgets to use his super-speed in a fight and Black Widow punches him out, we disregard that.

We know the U-Foes are jobbers, because so many comic writers just have a bad case of suck. What we're asking is: if they weren't jobbers, based upon their best and highest end feats, how would they do here?

(To be fair to the U-Foes, they have managed to cause an angry Hulk some serious pain and damage, IIRC, so maybe they're not such jobbers as implied. Hmm....)

04. Bloodlust: It is assumed that each contestant in the arena will fight to his/her best ability. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is an established fact that he possesses that level of speed.

It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

04b. Bloodlust and moral codes: Bloodlust disables a character's morality regarding personal beliefs that would hinder their ability to win. Batman will use deadly force the arena if necessary.

04c. Bloodlust is not literal: While it is named bloodlust for the sake of being dramatic, Rumbles's bloodlust is simply an overwhelming desire to win, it does not turn characters into raging berserkers and render impotent those who require a sound mind.
    PIS
    Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman. PIS is always off on the Rumbles board, this is not modifiable by the opening poster.
    In the Arena, there's no PIS, no jobbing, everybody fights at their top level.

See here for further details.

Welcome to Rumbles!
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-26-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Vapor and X-Ray are nasty opponents because their attacks bypass most defenses. Booster Gold has a force field, so he is safe against them but probably lacks the force to put down Ironclad. Red Tornado could wreck Vapor and laugh off X-Ray's attacks, and maybe counter Vortex, but again maybe can't deal with Ironclad. Cyborg has his silly billion decibel sonic attack which might be effective against all of the U-Foes, but he is also the most vulnerable to any of their attacks. Their best best is for Barda to win the quickdraw and BFR the U-Foes with a Boom Tube. And I'm not sure if this version of Barda has standard access to Boom Tube tech. Without the Boom Tube, I would bet my money on the U-Foes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Vapor and X-Ray are nasty opponents because their attacks bypass most defenses. Booster Gold has a force field, so he is safe against them but probably lacks the force to put down Ironclad. Red Tornado could wreck Vapor and laugh off X-Ray's attacks, and maybe counter Vortex, but again maybe can't deal with Ironclad. Cyborg has his silly billion decibel sonic attack which might be effective against all of the U-Foes, but he is also the most vulnerable to any of their attacks. Their best best is for Barda to win the quickdraw and BFR the U-Foes with a Boom Tube. And I'm not sure if this version of Barda has standard access to Boom Tube tech. Without the Boom Tube, I would bet my money on the U-Foes.
    OP said combined versions of post crisis and current so Barda would have her Mother Box.