Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Triskelion Match: Aquaman vs Warriors Three

Aquaman vs the Warriors Three.

Arena match with specific fight conditions:

* Aquaman has feats from both post-crisis and current version.

* Warriors Three are 616 versions.

* HTH and melee combat only.

* Aquaman gets his trident, but only for melee purposes (no magic lightning, etc).

* Fandral and Volstagg get swords, Hogun his mace. Weapons for direct melee only (no magic beams, etc).

* Aquaman is fully hydrated, if that's a concern.

* Fight takes place within the triskelion pattern from TOS episode Gamesters of Triskelion.

* Aquaman gets the yellow, Asgardians the blue.

* The opposite color is frictionless (super-slippery) to each team. Ground outside the arena is also frictionless, and leaving the triskelion counts as BFR.

The Gamesters of Triskelion arena match:

Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-26-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Does Volstagg still have Thor powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does Volstagg still have Thor powers?
    No, this is standard issue Volstagg, somewhat hampered by the triskelion arena rules which prohibit his signature move of sitting on top of the enemy. Because if he steps on the yellow, he'll immediately slip, fall, and get skewered.

I would assume, at any rate. I can't imagine Arthur missing that large a target, supposing an off-balance Volstagg who can't parry with his blade.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-26-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Aside from the HTH one, Aquaman TPs all of them.

How strong are the warriors three?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post

Yes, HTH and melee only. TP vs people w/ no defenses = stomp, kinda boring.

I believe Fandral and Hogun have standard strength for Asgardian warriors, and that Volstagg is a tad stronger. So maybe Class 30 to 35? Can't think of any feats indicating strength greater than that, offhand, but I could be weak on recollection.

My supposition was that the Warriors Three would all have greater skill and experience (immortal), but Aquaman has an advantage in strength, probably dexterity and speed, and, with his trident, has a reach advantage.

The triskelion arena means Arthur only has to fight two of them at once, unless the third throws his weapon (kinda dumb, don't think any of them would do that).

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post

Hogun and Fandral are probably Class 30. Standard Asgardian package and all that.

Volstagg is considerably stronger and more durable then his friends. Thay have /literally/ used him as a meat shield as he has marched through walls of energy attacks. He has also dragged huge multi ton chunks of machinery around. I wouldn't at all protest him being in the class 50-70 range. Closer to 70 based on recent stuff. Hes not particularly fast nor graceful however.

Worth noting is that Hogun appears to be a bullet timer based on some of his older appearances.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Volstagg is considerably stronger and more durable then his friends. Thay have /literally/ used him as a meat shield as he has marched through walls of energy attacks. He has also dragged huge multi ton chunks of machinery around. I wouldn't at all protest him being in the class 50-70 range. Closer to 70 based on recent stuff. Hes not particularly fast nor graceful however.

Worth noting is that Hogun appears to be a bullet timer based on some of his older appearances.
    Some feats, good to know.

Maybe Arthur will have to work for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Some feats, good to know.

Maybe Arthur will have to work for it?
    Arthur still enjoys a comfortable strength and durability advantage over even Volstagg. None of them want a prolonged head to head.

However, if we take Hogun's old speed feats at face value, he might win this in a war of attrition. He can dart in and out faster then Arthur can react to while the others distract. Asgardian weapons SHOULD be able to damage him just fine.

This is a fascinating concept for a Rumble btw. I love the "weaker dudes fight one tougher dude" concept in Rumbles and the Triskelion format is entertaining and fresh. =)

Edit: Actually, did Hogun's mace have any sharp edges? Arthur could ignore the blunt force all day long if it doesn't.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 01-26-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Edit: Actually, did Hogun's mace have any sharp edges? Arthur could ignore the blunt force all day long if it doesn't.
    Comic version (this fight) routinely does not have spikes. Instead, protrusions that look like half-spheres.

504892-hugun_thor_4_dcp_026.jpg

Are the combatants allowed to switch weapons?

There is an opportunity for victory here, but it has to be played perfectly.
    - big_adventure

Are the combatants allowed to switch weapons?

There is an opportunity for victory here, but it has to be played perfectly.
    There's no reason why Hogun and Volstagg could not switch weapons, each tosses theirs at their friend at the same time, perhaps while Fandral keeps Arthur occupied.

I would assume Fandral has enough skill for that, fancy fencing is supposed to be his forte.

If that's what you had in mind? Adding Volstagg's extra strength and mass to the mace?
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-26-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    There's no reason why Hogun and Volstagg could not switch weapons, each tosses theirs at their friend at the same time, perhaps while Fandral keeps Arthur occupied.

I would assume Fandral has enough skill for that, fancy fencing is supposed to be his forte.

If that's what you had in mind? Adding Volstagg's extra strength and mass to the mace?
    Yes, but also in reverse. Give the faster guy a cutting weapon. Asgardian blades are sharp enough to do real damage and (if we are cool with his old stuff) Hogun is fast enough to get hits in.

Could turn the tide as long as he avoids any counters.
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hogun and Fandral are probably Class 30. Standard Asgardian package and all that.
    I recall Hogun once punched out a train.

That's a bit beyond Class 30 methinks.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ah looking at the scan I think he's holding a Thor hammer.

Maybe disregard?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Ah looking at the scan I think he's holding a Thor hammer.

Maybe disregard?
    That looks recent enough. I wonder when/how he managed to become worthy? Weird.
    - big_adventure