Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Dont worry, the Decimation storyline was about depowering the mutants as a race, and just like 200 mutants kept their powers, i.e. almost all the x-men and most of the villains, and for 7 years, until the Avengers vs X-men event/story, the stories were about that the survival of those 200 mutants, the x-men splitting in two groups, cyclops' and wolverine's teams, a fight that had lasted until today, and the mutants as a race were re-powered by the Phoenix force.
    To be honest House of M and Decimation are those sort of "events" that haven't aged that well. Another pair of year and they would be forgotten completely for good or bad(because it was not all bad stuff but alas). I think it was more a reaction to the excess of use of "mutants" albeit removing it from the "toolbox" of writers did not lead such awesome original character as planned. Infact i can't recall no character created after decimation worth remembering (some good reboot but no new character or memorable villain) well wiht few exception of course.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Generation M was a helluva miniseries.

Actually, most of these big crossover summer spectaculars, it's been the Paul Jenkins mini that's been the highlight for me.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Generation M was a helluva miniseries.

Actually, most of these big crossover summer spectaculars, it's been the Paul Jenkins mini that's been the highlight for me.
    Generation M was the other book I was thinking about, although I couldn't place it in my mind. It had some truly moving and powerful moments. The panels of a no longer fat Fred Dukes with the extra skin hanging off him, for example. It was such a grotesque scene, but it didn't create revulsion in my mind but empathy. I felt so bad for the former Blob in that moment. When a comic can summon up that kind of emotion, it's special.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmen51085 View Post
    I've always been a huge X-men fan. I grew up with the animated series and have seen every film 100 times. I've never really been a huge SUPER fan or read any of the comics, but I recently came across the "Decimation" storyline, when I was randomly wikipedia-ing mutants when I was bored.

This seems like the worst thing that they could ever have done. Who the heck wants to read a comic book about mutants with no powers??? That's what made me fall in love with the x-men in the first place! All of their amazing powers and how cool they were. What the heck do they show in the comics now? Them all sitting around drinking tea? It just doesn't seem feasible to me to continue the story if no one has any powers.

I have read that some mutants have been re-powered, but hardly any, right?

What is everyone's reaction to "M-Day" and how have the comics been since then? Didn't it occur in like 2005? I can't imagine 9 years of x-men comics with no powers....

I really hope everyone gets re-powered again soon. So stupid.

And Jubilee is a freaking vampire now? WTF?
    You seem to be under the impression that all the mutants lost their powers. Since in fact the '198' of mutants that retained their powers (which was a low ball figure anyway, reader counts quickly topped three hundred) covered virtually all of the actual named mutant characters both in the X-Men and among their enemies, there hasn't been anything like nine years of X-Men comics with no powers, so the complaint falls more than a bit flat.