Default Beast vs. Spiderman

616. Hank vs Peter. Mutant vs. Mutate.

...in the Olympics! Every (solo) Olympic event is to be considered. Who wins the majority of contests?

Bonus: Straight fight but no webshooters for Pete. Jungle setting.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Beast should win the ones that are strength based given various mutation upgrades, Peter definitely wins the ones that are agility based.

Iunno who wins badminton thereby ;p

Beast is still within the realm of someone Peter can hurt, and he's faster than the guy, so...

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    616. Hank vs Peter. Mutant vs. Mutate.

...in the Olympics! Every (solo) Olympic event is to be considered. Who wins the majority of contests?
    Swimming is a disaster for Beast, too much hair, he loses all those events.

I think Beast may have greater ground speed over the long run? Marathon running, for example, how long can Spidey sprint at top speed while Beast chugs along on all fours? I would wager distance running goes to Beast.

Bonus: Straight fight but no web shooters for Pete. Jungle setting.
    Spidey is still too fast. Beast has claws on his fingers and toes, though seems unlikely to help him. Jungle setting seems to help Beast by hampering Pete, but by how much, really?

Has Beast gotten a power-up? Is he a bullet-timer now? I remember him being Class 1-5 in strength, but Pete is Class 25 now.

Any kind of intellectual challenge, though, Beast creams him, even though Pete is genius level. At the Science Olympics, even Peter Parker comes in second to Hank McCoy.

Has Beast gotten a power-up? Is he a bullet-timer now?
    Several power ups, but no, he is definitely not.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, between the Spider-sense and the speed advantage, the fight is a win for Peter.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

How strong is Hank nowadays after all his power ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    How strong is Hank nowadays after all his power ups?
    I cant speak for now, but 70's Avengers Hank was comfortably Class 70 with the help of a serum he took. He's lower than that now tho. If he took the serum again he could take the fight i think.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I think both will do poorly at Dressage.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    I cant speak for now, but 70's Avengers Hank was comfortably Class 70 with the help of a serum he took. He's lower than that now tho. If he took the serum again he could take the fight i think.
    I think that Hank was maybe class 70 around the time of his Amazing Adventures solo run, when he was throwing down with Iron Man, Quasimodo, Juggernaut, and the Hulk. But as an Avenger, Beast only displayed low-end super-strength feats, never lifting more than a couple of tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think both will do poorly at Dressage.
    Feh. Hank’s only about two more arbitrary evolutions away from going through an equine stage.

It’s when he becomes a hairy, blue jellyfish that you start to question things.