Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Frightful Four vs Flash Rogues

Frightful Four vs Flash Rogues.

Medusa, Sandman, Trapster, and the Wizard

vs

Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Heatwave and Mirror Master

* 616 version of Frightful Four.

* Composite feats of post-crisis and current version for Rogues.

* Standard arena match.

Crickets.

I will take lemons and make lemonade. This gives me the perfect opportunity to dispel the rumors that Colonel GM was my alter ego by posting in my own thread.

(Of course, this could just be cunning misdirection, coupled with an upcoming attempt to divert suspicion onto someone else....)

Anyway....

One of the big issues in this rumble, as I see it, is whether or not Cold or Heatwave can have any effect on Sandman. If Sandy can be either frozen for the 10 count, or heated into glass, the FF's most powerful member goes down.

Not sure how powerful their guns are relative to Sandy.

Also, I have no idea what Mirror Master's powers are these days. He may be key here or a joke. Don't know.

I am NOT a Mirror Master expert, but last I saw him discussed, he was pretty potent. Some dimension dumping mumbo jumbo if memory serves.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I am NOT a Mirror Master expert, but last I saw him discussed, he was pretty potent. Some dimension dumping mumbo jumbo if memory serves.
    So that's potentially three of them that can take out Sandman, if indeed any of them can.

My speculation before posting the fight was that it would turn on whether or not the Rogues could stop Sandy before he pulverized them with big extensible hammer-hands.

Still not sure how this goes.

I've heard that MM can make exact mirror copies of his opponents that obey his every command. He can also trap people in a mirror dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I've heard that MM can make exact mirror copies of his opponents that obey his every command. He can also trap people in a mirror dimension.
    But can he do this without prep, before Sandman hits him with a huge, stretchy sandman fist?

If the bell rings and suddenly the Rogues have a duplicate, mirror-world Frightful Four on their side, then yeah, Rogues win.

What's the small print to Mirror Master's abilities in a Rumbles arena setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    But can he do this without prep, before Sandman hits him with a huge, stretchy sandman fist?

If the bell rings and suddenly the Rogues have a duplicate, mirror-world Frightful Four on their side, then yeah, Rogues win.

What's the small print to Mirror Master's abilities in a Rumbles arena setting?
    He has a small handheld tech that he can shine on his enemies and it creates duplicates instantly. However, I don't know if that tech is part of his standard equipment or not.

EDIT: Just to note, my information is second hand and have only seen scans of it and what others have stated.

He has a small handheld tech that he can shine on his enemies and it creates duplicates instantly. However, I don't know if that tech is part of his standard equipment or not.

EDIT: Just to note, my information is second hand and have only seen scans of it and what others have stated.
    Awesome indeed if true. Much more powerful than the guy who used to have to trick Barry into running inside a carnival fun house and other lame stuff.

(Although, now that I have opportunity to recollect, I kind of liked that lame stuff, way back in the day....)
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 01-29-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Awesome indeed if true. Much more powerful than the guy who used to have to trick Barry into running inside a carnival fun house and other lame stuff.

(Although, now that I have opportunity to recollect, I kind of liked that lame stuff, way back in the day....)
    Back in the day some of the Rogues were pretty horrible, especially since they were fighting the Flash. Mirror Master, Turtle, Captain Boomerang etc. But yes, they used to be fun stories.

Captain Boomerang
    Anybody have any insight into how Boomer does here? Guy fights the Flash, has to be quick on the draw.

Anybody have any insight into how Boomer does here? Guy fights the Flash, has to be quick on the draw.
    No, he really doesn’t. He’s a guy with boomerangs, and is a Flash rogue only by virtue of 24ct PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    No, he really doesn’t. He’s a guy with boomerangs, and is a Flash rogue only by virtue of 24ct PIS.
    Is he fast enough, say, to take out Trapster before getting pasted up?

Or take out Medusa before her telekinetic hair rips off his arms and legs while she stands around and reads a magazine?

Is he fast enough, say, to take out Trapster before getting pasted up?

Or take out Medusa before her telekinetic hair rips off his arms and legs while she stands around and reads a magazine?
    Yes, and possibly not, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yes, and possibly not, in that order.
    So maybe Boomer takes out Paste-Pot-Pete for his side, then has his heart punctured by telekinetic ginger hair that shoots out like a spike on a chain.

I've never seen Medusa do that, but bloodlusted, sure, why not do stabby things with your hair?

Maybe Trapster could quickdraw Medusa and hose her down with paste. Heck, even a big can of hairspray might give her difficulties.