Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bumblebee 2 and Beast Wars Transformers Movies Coming?

Two more transformers films are in the works. First is bumblebee 2. Second is rumored to be based on beast wars but that is not confirmed yet.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/transfo...nt-1202843234/

Yes to Bumblebee 2, hard pass on Beast Wars.

I guess if they want to properly reboot the Transformers movies, Beast Wars would make the most sense, especially with all the CGI animal movies coming out lately.

I wonder what they'd do with a Bumblebee 2 though.

I'm down with more Bumblebee. That was the first live-action Transformer since the first one I thought was really well done. 2-5 were all guilty pleasure popcorn movies.

In fact, I'd say Bumblebee is up there with the original animated movie for best all-time Transformer movies.

As far as story goes, he could meet another kid/family/person and more Transformers. And start linking together the pieces for a reboot universe.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I know paramount is really desperate to turn out hits but I hope they do move transformers away from the Michael Bay era.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Really looking forward to Bumblebee 2, which is a hell of an achievement considering I hate all of Bay's Transformer films.

No idea what Beast Wars is, though.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wait I though the guy who directed Bumble Bee was gonna do a Fall of Cybertron movie? I must be misremembering something

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Really looking forward to Bumblebee 2, which is a hell of an achievement considering I hate all of Bay's Transformer films.

Beast Wars sounds like a bay type of film. won't surprise me if he is a producer.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Beast Wars is still my favorite incarnation of Transformers so I'm down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wait I though the guy who directed Bumble Bee was gonna do a Fall of Cybertron movie? I must be misremembering something
    I know a prequel movie set on Cybertron was discussed around the time they announced Bumblebee, but that was a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Beast Wars sounds like a bay type of film. won't surprise me if he is a producer.
    I can't think of something Bay could screw up more then Beast Wars.

Beast wars has transformers crash landing to the past after a time travel mess up and has to take beast forms over cars and planes. It was really well wrote with stakes, deaths, transformers switching sides and still had time for comedy.

They later did two anime side stories and japan got a beast wars film we never got with a crossover with the japan and English shows.

It was a early cg show so the cg is older but the story is great starting with the second season.

Lots of g1 stuff also with some classic transformers showing up.

Ultimate Member

I liked Beast Wars well enough.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Beast Wars would flop so bad. Probably 90% of people of people would be like "WTF is this and why are they animals?!?". When people think Transformers they think vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Beast Wars would flop so bad. Probably 90% of people of people would be like "WTF is this and why are they animals?!?". When people think Transformers they think vehicles.
    And Dinobots. They were most popular toy of the line for nearly 5 years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really doubt that would be a common reaction.