Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Beast Wars would flop so bad. Probably 90% of people of people would be like "WTF is this and why are they animals?!?". When people think Transformers they think vehicles.
    I like to think we're past the "trukk not munky" phase.

Astonishing Member

I thought Bumblebee hardly made any money--surprised they greenlit a sequel...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Bumblebee had the problem of following Transformers: The Last Knight. So many people were just done with the Transformers after that dumpster fire of a movie no matter how good it was the next movie was going to suffer. People who saw Bumblebee seemed to love it and so did critics, but the stench of the previous films really hurt the box office of that film. The next movie will have a lot of good will going into it since people liked Bumblebee so much. I think the studio knew all along Bumblebee was going to have a hard hill to climb with the stentch of the previous movie and the fact that it opened up in one of the hardest weekends of the year against Aquaman and Into the Spiderverse.

Plus lets face it Universal needs a hit right now and they figure a Bumblebee sequel has the best chance of being that.

Bumblebee had the problem of following Transformers: The Last Knight. So many people were just done with the Transformers after that dumpster fire of a movie no matter how good it was the next movie was going to suffer. People who saw Bumblebee seemed to love it and so did critics, but the stench of the previous films really hurt the box office of that film. The next movie will have a lot of good will going into it since people liked Bumblebee so much. I think the studio knew all along Bumblebee was going to have a hard hill to climb with the stentch of the previous movie and the fact that it opened up in one of the hardest weekends of the year against Aquaman and Into the Spiderverse.

Plus lets face it Universal needs a hit right now and they figure a Bumblebee sequel has the best chance of being that.
    It wasn't a smash, but internationally it was a modest success, so it makes sense that they'd want another go.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I really didn't care for Bumblebee, so 2 would be a Netflix movie for me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Beast Wars would flop so bad. Probably 90% of people of people would be like "WTF is this and why are they animals?!?". When people think Transformers they think vehicles.
    Beast Wars was one of the more popular Transformer cartoons, It has enough of people aware of to counter act that stuff.

This is just matter of whether they have final have balls to do transformer movie without humans being the focus or a focus.

Bumblee 135 million budget 468 million worldwide gross. It did good and was well reviewed. It was just a murder row of films that winter Aquaman (1 billion) Into the Spiderverse (375 million) Mary Poppins (349.5 million). And think Battle Angel and Solo where removed from the winter season. Anyone of those movies if they were release this year would have done wayyy better. They were up against good Aquaman movie. Sometimes these things are about dumb stupid luck, Dark Phoenix was hot garbage but it would have done better in slot March and not in the summer. Release dates are important

Incredible Member

The original Beast Wars quoted Shakespeare and the bible and had some of the best characters in all of Transformers.

I literally have no faith in Michael Bay doing the material justice even if his contribution is having a donut next door.

Hell, give me a cocoon/transformers cross called Ironhide first where Ironhide ends up at an old folks home and has to save them from developers/decepticons.

This is just matter of whether they have final have balls to do transformer movie without humans being the focus or a focus.
    With paramount i'm sure they will change it. The future transformers sent to the past will be dropped and I bet will just take place today in a "lost valley" or rain forest. Maximals vs predacons may be changed to a group or team of autobots and decepticons with those names as their team groups. As for humans bet there wll be a group of scientests or explorers on a base there and maybe the maximals was sent there by prime to help them.

None of this would be faithful to the cartoon but if they are aiming for a non fan audience I could see them doing this. As for the main cast, they may not even use all of them and may add toy only, comic only or ones from the anime spin-offs transformers to the movie.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-30-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Like the idea of a Bumblebee sequel (although I will be disappointed if the human cast is replaced, as logical as that is). Saw a bit of Beast Wars. Okay, but I don't "need" a movie of it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Saw a bit of Beast Wars. Okay, but I don't "need" a movie of it.
    Did you watch a season one episode? Beast wars takes off in season 2 and really takes off in season 3. Season one is the worst of the three seasons. Season 3 is the best. You do get a starscreams ghost episode in season one however. Keep in mind in beast wars the bad guys do win in episodes and not everyone lives to see the end on both sides! Unlike the 80s cartoon the bad guys have victories and the good guys deal with loses at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Did you watch a season one episode? Beast wars takes off in season 2 and really takes off in season 3. Season one is the worst of the three seasons. Season 3 is the best. You do get a starscreams ghost episode in season one however. Keep in mind in beast wars the bad guys do win in episodes and not everyone lives to see the end on both sides! Unlike the 80s cartoon the bad guys have victories and the good guys deal with loses at times.
    Yeah, it was season one. Thing was, the characters just didn't grab me, unlike in the other Transformers stuff I've seen.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)