Default The supporting characters supporting characters

Do you have a favorite love interest for Jimmy (from any medium or era)? Favored characterization for Alice? Favorite makeup of Perry's family?

I know I don't like Perry's son turning out not to be his son. But should he have a Jerry? Or Perry Jr. or the other two from the pre-COIE days or the half dozen+ grandkids? Or even be a bachelor?

And Jimmy - has he ever had a love interest you really liked? What about his mom - should she be living or deceased? Should dad be Mark or Jake (I read the story where we found out Jake was alive, but I don't know if there was ever any followup for that.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't actually remember the name of those Lenny and Carl guy friends, but for girl friends I like Misa, Lucy, and Babe very much.

Does Turpin count as a supporting character for Maggie?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Does Turpin count as a supporting character for Maggie?
    I'd think so.

I miss Lex's old employees. Happerson and....the older lady, I think she was Lex's doctor, the whistleblower who outed Lex's crimes in Action 700. Her name is on the tip of my tongue....

Turpin, Sawyer, and Henderson were always a lot of fun too.

But I think I miss Cadmus the most. Donovan, Guardian, the Newsboy Legion and the clone Newsboy Legion, the DNAliens (and a bunch had names I've forgotten), Dubbilex (spelling?)......that little slice of Kirby on the outskirts of Metropolis was my favorite part of the mythos back in the day.

And hell, has anyone seen or heard from Ron Troupe or Steve Lombard lately? I worry something bad has happened to Ron...
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

I give another vote to Guardian and The Newsboy Legion. Of course, who supported who was always a bit of a question. Which is one of my favorite parts.

Yes, Happersen and Kelley (I forgot her name for a sec too)! I can see why Mercy and Graves would replace them given the archetypes that suit modern stories, but I liked those two. I like the idea of long time goons who have grown older with the boss.

All of the Kirby stuff was gold so along similar lines I'd say Donovan, Simyan, and Mokkari. Lois and Supergirl are the other big spin off stars but I'm not sure their characters count. Except Nasty had a notable role in All Star.

I like Jerry White, but I don't know that I like Luthor begin around the same age as Perry, which kind of disqualifies him from existence. Richard White from Superman Returns was cool and likable, though in a lot of ways he was just too much of a foil for Superman - who was basically the same person.

Remember Keith, that recurring kid character who Perry and Alice eventually took in? I love him. Also, Allie the intern, who for a while was homeless and living in a supply closet, poor kid. I always considered her a supporting character for Perry as well.

I don't think I'd consider Turpin a supporting character for Maggie, since he debuted in (I think) New Gods. But I do love Maggie's old gf Tobey Raines and daughter Jamie, and Cat Grant's son Adam. Did Toyman murder him? I seem to remember that Toyman murdered him. Poor kid. Jeez DC.

I also like Mercy, specifically the aspect that she's really loyal because Luthor took her in and helped her, and I also like the scenes in Young Justice where he cyborg'd her up to improve her bodyguard value. I don't know that I like him treating her as totally disposable, as he does in the Batman v Superman and Superman Doomsday movies, but the fact he'd abandon her specifically to save his own skin if he thought it'd increase his chance of survival, probably goes without saying.

I also love Lex's old aide, BJ. She was from the Bronze Age, and I think she was in a few comics, but she was most memorable (to me) in Maggin's two novels.
    Last edited by Adekis; 01-29-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I really liked Keith, too, and I thought it was good to have a regular POV kid recurring

I'm trying to remember the bronze age Luthor staff. There were robots like Asimov but definitely some pre Lexcorp humans.