Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

As a counter-part to Peni Parker's cute anime girls that do cuter anime things, Shigeru Parker is from the late 80s early 90s school of bloody not-for-children anime like AKira, Ghost in the Shell, and Vampire Hunter D. Probabaly from some place like Neo York in the Year 20XX. Acts like a punk and his powers have a bit more of a body horror vibe to them, with his body painfully mutating to form extra bug-like eyes, organic spider legs similair to the ones Peter had in his Tony designed suit, and stinger claws.

World War II Golden Age Spider Man: The Webbed Wonder! One of those stoic square jawed bland heroes that talks in exposition. This Peter Parker is an adult and was already a famous respected scientist and playboy when he got his powers. I can picture him wearing one of the old fashioned style costumes before comic designers had figured out what works and what doesn't, like a baggy shirt with a spider-web logo on it, a domino mask, tight pants, and folding pirate-boots. Might be fun to also have some of the WWII era's casual racism and sexism (imagine him telling Gwen to get the men something to eat while they discussed what to do or referring to Miles as a 'credit to his people'), not because he's a bad guy or hateful, but that's just how things worked back then.

And while we're talking about Miles and casual racism, (not really) let's have the 70s era Jive talking Blaxplotation Miles Morales. Part Shaft. Part Super Fly. Part Dolemite. All Spider-man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    World War II Golden Age Spider Man: The Webbed Wonder! One of those stoic square jawed bland heroes that talks in exposition. This Peter Parker is an adult and was already a famous respected scientist and playboy when he got his powers. I can picture him wearing one of the old fashioned style costumes before comic designers had figured out what works and what doesn't, like a baggy shirt with a spider-web logo on it, a domino mask, tight pants, and folding pirate-boots. Might be fun to also have some of the WWII era's casual racism and sexism (imagine him telling Gwen to get the men something to eat while they discussed what to do or referring to Miles as a 'credit to his people'), not because he's a bad guy or hateful, but that's just how things worked back then.
    A "Golden Age Spider-Man" i.e. Spider-Man as a Golden Age DC Hero who is an embodiment of mainstream society is a contradiction in terms. Spider-Man is meant to be a controversial figure, not always popular and accepted by society. There's nothing natural or inherent to the character that makes him a natural embodiment of the mainstream values of a given period, in this case the '40s and '50s. The reason Golden Age DC heroes voiced racism and sexism was that they were meant to be embrace and validate mainstream America's values of that time. Since mainstream society was racist and sexism...well they had to be too.

Spider-Man Noir which takes inspiration from the pulp stuff published just a little before the Golden Age, is the right flex, and a good synecdoche for what Spider-Man in that time and place would be and which genre he'd synch up with.

And while we're talking about Miles and casual racism, (not really) let's have the 70s era Jive talking Blaxplotation Miles Morales. Part Shaft. Part Super Fly. Part Dolemite. All Spider-man.
    Miles Morales in the '70s would be better off hanging out in Jazz clubs, especially given his name and the surname of his Dad!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

As a counter-part to Peni Parker's cute anime girls that do cuter anime things, Shigeru Parker is from the late 80s early 90s school of bloody not-for-children anime like AKira, Ghost in the Shell, and Vampire Hunter D. Probabaly from some place like Neo York in the Year 20XX. Acts like a punk and his powers have a bit more of a body horror vibe to them, with his body painfully mutating to form extra bug-like eyes, organic spider legs similair to the ones Peter had in his Tony designed suit, and stinger claws.

Your first idea is the best of them, in my view, mostly from the perspective of a fan of the cyberpunk genre in all forms of media. That said, the original comic version of Peni is slightly closer to what you might be looking for, as in her major appearances, she's had to deal with the loss of a parent as well as a parental figure, and even been unable to save someone --- a rival, but still --- from an out-of-control mech that basically ate that person and Peni's aforementioned parental figure, Evangelion-style.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Say, what would you think if Arachknight (from the Secret Warps) would be included in the Spider-Verse's gallery? I can't stop thinking about what would be the effect of this Spider-Character in the war against Morlun and his family. Even more if there are more "Spider-Warps" in his reality. I have some ideas:

+ Miles Morales + Cloak = Shadow Spider (Miles became something like this in Weirdworld).
    + Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy) + Dagger = Light Spider.
    + Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) + Teresa Parker (In the Ultimate Universe, Jessica Drew is Peter's female clone/sister).

What do you think? And I know Cloak and Dagger were already used in warps with Agatha Harkness and Mr Negative in the comics, but the same could be said about Blade, who has merged with Misty Knight AND Elsa Bloodstone.

Sentry + Spider-man = Void Spider (Peter in one of his misadventures got doused in experimental Golden Sentry Serum)

Now Peter Parker is not only the Spider-man but has the power of a million exploding suns. lol
    Last edited by destinyascension; 05-15-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Has anyone mentioned a Spider-man - Spirit of Vengeance character?
    After Gwen dies, Peter finds himself in a dark place and is given the Spirit of Vengeance powers.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

A Golden Age Spider-Man? I have two ideas:

1. A combination of Captain America and Spider-Man: The American Spider aka Peter Rogers a WWII scientist/soldier whos bitten by his enhanced spider test subject and battles The Red Goblin (Osborn + Red Skull) and Doc Arnim Octavius (Zola + Doc Ock)

2. The Jumping Spider aka Petey Parker a teen who joins the army and ends up being bitten by an enhanced spider after discovering a hidden HYDRA laboratory.

70s Miles would be a cool character I think, Spider-man with an afro lol

Astonishing Member

I thought Ezekiel was a good example of what a Golden Age Spider-Man would have been like. His powers were also magic-based than science-based, like many Golden Age heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    70s Miles would be a cool character I think, Spider-man with an afro lol
    in the 70s There was a Black Spider-Man with a fro. But Spider-Woman to be exact.

Spider-woman Valerie

Is she the first Spider-woman though? She came out 1975. Drew came out 1977

RCO013_1468984879.jpg
    RCO003_1468984879.jpg
    RCO009_1468984879.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by destinyascension View Post
    in the 70s There was a Black Spider-Man with a fro. But Spider-Woman to be exact.

Spider-woman Valerie

Is she the first Spider-woman though? She came out 1975. Drew came out 1977

RCO013_1468984879.jpg
    RCO003_1468984879.jpg
    RCO009_1468984879.jpg
    It's REALLY difficult to follow every single thing about your favourite character. Specially about things that where edited YEARS before you were born.

USA Spider - President Peter Parker comes out of hero retirement to help out the Spider-verse since after he retired there was no spider hero to replace him n his world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    USA Spider - President Peter Parker comes out of hero retirement to help out the Spider-verse since after he retired there was no spider hero to replace him n his world.
    USA Spider sounds boss. For some reason I picture the US Map with extra spider-arms on the coastlines.

It's just that I can't ever imagine Peter Parker as President. I see him as a New Yorker more than an American. It's difficult to get people to buy Peter as a businessman as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's just that I can't ever imagine Peter Parker as President. I see him as a New Yorker more than an American. It's difficult to get people to buy Peter as a businessman as it is.
    I guess in that universe after Peter retired Spider-Man he became a respected scientist at Horizon Labs, helped run Daily Bugle and other things that helped him out.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised there isn't a "Red Hulk" version of Spider-Man with Jameson. It's such an easy (if a bit too easy) scenario to write.

... how about reversing the roles of Peter and Cindy? She gets bitten first, Peter second, then Peter gets spirited away for ___ years, while Cindy becomes, well, "Spider-Woman" (or Silk-Woman? Web-Woman?), and eventually meets most of the principal spider-villains over the years. Not sure if she would have an entirely different supporting cast, though, she seemed to be off the radar of Pete's core circle of friends and frienemies. Since nobody even noticed that she went missing over the years.