Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don’t think it means Doomsday Clock is out of continuity or an alternate reality. If that were true then Wonder Woman #750 which Snyder wrote part of wouldn’t make sense, Bendis wouldn’t be using the Kents, and The JSA wouldn’t be appearing in Shazam. I think it’s more of acknowledgement that something is wrong when it comes to cohesive existence and timeline when taken into account that things don’t fit together. For example in Justice League it’s written that Aquaman’s been believed to bed and just reappeared in the Doom War, but that’s not what is going on in his solo series where he at the same time the sigil went up he’s fighting Black Manta. Or Action Comics where somehow Apex Lex and the Legion of Doom are teaming up with Leviathan to attack Metropolis when that doesn’t add up to when that’d even be happening in this story. It’s acknowledging hey not all the stories are lining up even though they all effect continuity or stories.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-29-2020 at 06:29 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm gonna chalk this more up to writers simply not being on the same page with each other more than anything else. My guess is that DDC #12 hadn't even come out yet when this was being written and Snyder was only told of the events. Not necessarily where they fit into continuity. It's also kind of vague. It wouldn't surprise me if DDC was more like COIE in that what the characters remember and what the readers remember are two different things. Only those heroes that participated in it remember it. Keep in mind, writers working on their own books probably get most of their information about "event" books from in house. So whatever they are told is whatever they incorporate into their books. If Snyder was told this doesn't "count" then that's probably how he's going to treat it. My guess is, Manhattan changed things so that DDC never happened. This might be what Snyder was told and he wrote it that way. Remember all the problems early on with New 52? How the trades had to go back and rewrite certain things because they referenced the pre-Flashpoint continuity?
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So clark was superboy without legion. Well, that's boring.
    And annoying given that could have given Clark the company he needs before the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The JSA wouldn’t be appearing in Shazam.
    They're not.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're not.
    No I am saying that if DDC didn't matter or DC considers it an elseworld story then they would not allow Geoff Johns to write them into his current Shazam ongoing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

They're not. The JSA haven't appeared and aren't solicited to appear in Shazam. They've only appeared in Justice League and Doomsday Clock recently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're not. The JSA haven't appeared and aren't solicited to appear in Shazam. They've only appeared in Justice League and Doomsday Clock recently.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48752-geof...shazam-10.html

They will be in issue 14 in the storyline involving Superboy Prime
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The answer is Hyper Time (or something like it).

But it won't matter for too much longer because, as issue 39 stated, they're about to unify the timelines and make it all count and fit in some way.

And for those interested, DiDio has confirmed that when they enter Doomsday Clock into the timeline, it will be altered to have not happened exactly as we read it. So, take that however you like.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Smh, none of this would have happened if Snyder/Bendis/King just didn't try to jinx DDC with making it all the more confusing. Nevertheless, DDC delays aren't fogivable of course (then again, we still don't know what happened BTS with Johns and DC).

BANNED

Several books don't match up. But they did hint at multiple timelines and hypertime.

I did read monthes ago Snyder would collapse the hypertime at some point in a last ditch effort.

Only thing left is the old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Several books don't match up. But they did hint at multiple timelines and hypertime.

I did read monthes ago Snyder would collapse the hypertime at some point in a last ditch effort.

Only thing left is the old Gods.
    DDC #12 mentioned Time Masters, too. Never heard of them, but they sound like they could affect timelines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    DDC #12 mentioned Time Masters, too. Never heard of them, but they sound like they could affect timelines.
    Time masters are old and will affect real time year 2025.

The next JL arc ignores Snyders stuff.

I just remembered Hell Arisen #1 with Rip Hunter, this scene makes a lot more sense now that the actual story is over and involves a Time Master. I guess maybe it should have been delayed to make more sense, hence probably why I made a hell arisen #2 weird time thread.

A8CEF512-7D67-433A-A1CA-E54C4C9BE2F1.jpg
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Yeah. Have to see Hell Arisen and Death Metal wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yeah. Have to see Hell Arisen and Death Metal wrap up.
    See I am not a fan of that. Not that I don't like the story or that I'm not interested in 5G or the Snyder event but the reading order for this entire story now looks like this:
    1. The Justice League by snyder before Doom War
    2. Superman/Batman Infected Story arc (to explain the Secret Six thing going on in Hell Arisen)
    3. Doom War in Justice League
    4. Hell Arisen
    5. Then Death Metal (?)

See this at times is why I prefer my independent universes because those stories will generally end in their respective series they started in. Or at the very least I would have accepted that the event with Justice league having to fix time start releasing soon afterward or something.
    Words to live by.