Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    They are the worst x___x

It's literally gotten to the point where I can't (and don't) read DC's products anymore. It's actually a bunch of problems stacked on top of each other, but the events and reboots are really big ones. Apparently, the audience that DC has must want that stuff, but I don't like it, so I opted out.
    All the stuff that I read is out of continuity. Mostly the Wal-Mart books.
    Assassinate Putin!

Snyder’s Justice League run ended up being an endurance test for readers. So much “epicness” and repetition. I dropped it a few times only to check back in and eventually drop it again. Every other issue was like “the heroes won! ...oh but wait it was all part of Perpetua’s plan! Muahahaha!”

So this brings me back to how delays and trying to stick to continuity ruined Doomsday Clock. The whole thing with Saturn Girl unceremoniously fading away and being replaced by Bendis’ LoS now seems totally unnecessary since it’s basically out of continuity. I really wonder what Johns’ original plans were.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-02-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just read this again

Good grief that was a let down
    Last edited by kilderkin; 02-02-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

(Slipping on my old man slippers...)

It's THE main bugbear I have with comics in general.

Each 'event' simply leads into the next 'event' without offering a satisfying conclusion to what came before.
    Publishers seem to have forgotten the the three things EVERY story requires.
    A beginning. A middle. An end.

Event Leviathan is a great example of this. (And the last time DC suck me in) Six issues and no resolution. I'm left thinking "Why on earth did I buy these books?"

Remember when the Bat office declared no crossovers? We were given 2 years of top shelf, self contained stories before they jumped in again.
    Let's get back to that, but line-wide. Let's nail down the basics before getting into another messy convoluted crossover/event.
    I'm sick of buying a book for 6 months before being told I need to buy another 6 issues of the NEXT event to get the full story.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Justice League 40 with a new writer thats coming out Wednesday.I dont think it will follow the ending of 39 and perpetua. so when will this follow up on

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Justice League 40 with a new writer thats coming out Wednesday.I dont think it will follow the ending of 39 and perpetua. so when will this follow up on
    The first follow up is in the current Hell Arisen miniseries that has just reached issue 2, once that finishes in March there is nothing really officially announced but the assumption it will be the Dark Nights: Metal sequel Snyder is working on.

edit: Apparently Snyder on twitter has said #39 will lead directly into his new event, that is confirmed.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-03-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Absolute trash.

I cannot believe this is how Snyder wraps up his run.

It was all for naught, I blame myself with sticking to this bloated non sensical run
    Cosmic.

Freaking.

Door knob though.

And they based a company wide event on that. Between this and the uh Slow Force . . . what are they smoking over there?

BANNED

Smoking kino.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    All the stuff that I read is out of continuity. Mostly the Wal-Mart books.
    I think it will be really good for comics in a number of ways when the audience grows tired of these types of stories and won't accept them anymore. IF that ever happens. The industry might somehow explode before that happens. Considering the stagnate nature of the readership, that is actually a real concern. This type of stuff has pretty much been going nonstop since Infinite Crisis or so...which was...what...14 or so years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Thirty nine issues to end in a whimper, all in service to a sequel for event comics. This is going to be one of those runs I look back on and think "man, that art sure was pretty" and a couple moments here or there, but wow what a poor conclusion to the whole damn thing. Massively unsatisfying.
    Agreed. I'm so tired of Snyder's nothing burgers running the show I'm off DC for the first time since the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    The next arc is a fill-in like the rest of DC's comics since the Rebirth Special. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for 3-4 years running and I'm out.

Astonishing Member

This is enough of an irritation I'll be skipping the event it leads to

I enjoyed the tie ins to metal but, like this run, the core title felt overly convoluted and at times unclear

And I don't need another non ending

I'll save the cash

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Cosmic.

Freaking.

Door knob though.

And they based a company wide event on that. Between this and the uh Slow Force . . . what are they smoking over there?
    They're smoking that ultraviolet stuff.

Holy Moly; such lost potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think Didio had been wanting to reboot the DCU for a while before the New 52. He was kind of obsessed with wanting to make the main heroes younger as he felt they were getting too old. Then because sales were down before Flashpoint it gave him the opportunity to finally do it. I mean originally Flashpoint was never meant to lead into this big line wide reboot. I'm pretty sure right before Flashpoint they had teased Constantine coming to the DCU and were planning some story with him and a bunch of other things as well, but then all that got scrapped when the New 52 reboot got approved.
    Yeah, we know Teen Titans was supposed to relaunch as well. When the reboot came along, the previous run was allowed to finish, but double shipped to do so, ending on #100. Several characters from the proposed new team were erased by the reboot and only returned years later (Impulse II, Irey West, is only just being dealt with now in Flash Forward!).
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Man of Steel wasn't made with the intention of launching a universe. This was retroactively done when BvS was being developed.
    Wasn't Green Lantern supposed to start the DCEU? It bombed, so Man of Steel became the start of the universe instead... and that's why there was no Lantern in Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Wow that was bad. Really, really bad. I am supposed to believe that the people of Earth chose to let Perpetua win over the Justice League? That's just, I don't know, doesn't make sense. Everyone on Earth would know who Superman is, and if you had to pick between him and anything else.....

And I picked up issue 40 thinking something would happen after they run through the doorway, but no, we have something unrelated.