Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Ok I dont understand this...

I thougt YJ are in continuity?

Action Comics 1020 lists JUSTICE LEAGUE and YOUNG JUSTICE as guest stars....
    Yeah but that story is a bit out of whack when you consider it stars the Legion of Doom and Apex Lex who should not be there because they should be here in Justice League starting in the Doom War so it draws into question when that even happened, which is why I think Snyder’s going down the whole time is broken and events that are still important to the universe are strangely disconnected even though they happened and have impact.

It’s weird ok, and it’s not gonna make any sense until Snyder’s event happens or when 5G starts, because Geoff Johns is gonna use the JSA in Shazam and Bendis gonna use the Kent’s in Superman:heroes and villains oneshots. So things are allowed but don’t connect that’s where we are right now.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-30-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

After a slow start I really enjoyed Synder's JL run. Until this issue anyway. What a huge let down. 39 issues leading into another freaking Metal related event!?!? I like Synder's DC work overall but the Metal event and it's lasting effects on the DCU have not great in opinion. Really disappointed ☹️. Worse now it looks like the book is going back to it's pre-Synder version. Which is very generic and boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Here you go:
    Thank you!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This 100%. I feel like that quote of Priest's is a bit disingenuous. His Lazarus Contract story was bad and kind of a mess, but instead of taking the hit on the chin and admit that the story didn't work he looked for excuses. He blamed his editor, he bitched at Dick, Wally and Damian fans for not liking his use of them, and so on. Everything else was the issue and not him. I think he is a talented writer, but I feel like if he has to write more big stories that tied in more characters together it would kind of go the same way. He is best suited for smaller books or if he is put on a bigger title it needs to be self contained.
    We may have read different statements: I remember him taking the hit and sincerely opening up, specially to Damian and Wally fans, and going "okay, you hatyed it. What did I do wrong? what could I have done" (Then there's the editorial thing, sure, but I believe in him on that one).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

From what I remember what they talked in interviews before Lazarus contract was published and what was actually published didn't really align so I have no doubts that story was altered at some point.

BANNED

I liked the ending, there was stuff about the run that bothered me and that I enjoyed. But I’m glad the ending wasn’t some generic win at the very least, and I like how the people of Earth were included in the Justice League’s defeat. Personally altogether the highlight that I’m hoping sticks around is Apex Lex dude can shape shift and has telepathy so he could still appear as the Lex we all know

Anybody else tired of reboots every couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I feel that and I have said it other threads, that it is a natural and slightly unfortunate progression of what occurs when we reboot a universe and then try to put stuff back while keeping what people liked. Because while I really liked Rebirth and I am content with some of the books out now, the fact of the matter is that when DC did the New 52 it completely altered some characters in ways that are hard to put back, that maybe they shouldn't be put back, plus all the new characters and concepts. Barbara Gordon is Batgirl again, Ted Kord is alive and mentoring Jaime, there is a second Wally West, Black Canary was still in her DCyou rockband, Shazam has a new extended family and so much more that all is a combo of new and old. We are reading a dc universe that wants to acknowledge everything but to do that is insanity because it does not all mesh. I mean just look at Snyder and his post Metal stories where they acknowledged that Final Crisis happened, Darkseid War, and possibly crisis on infinite earths not to mention later Forever Evil in Hell Arisen, and when you start to map it all out its nuts. So because no one thought it through completely what exactly a dc universe that has an odd mix of Rebirth and Reboot we need a timeline altering to fit everything into its proper place.

All I can hope for personally on this crazy ride is that we get good writers and stories, if we can get that I will attempt to ride this crazy roller coaster that has been the insanity of both DC universe/multiverse and timeline continuity since Crisis on Infinite Earths and Zero Hour.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-30-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I´ve seen in twitter some people are asking about Venditti´s run if it´s after Snyder´s run or final Snyder saga (Death Metal), Snyder said Venditti´s run is BEFORE his run (by the way, not a fan of the Venditti´s JL Roster, is the same from New 52! but only without Cyborg), with all Snyder´s flaws, I believe he did a better job than Venditti will make, I don´t like this whole first arc "Kryptonian Invasion", I mean... nothing new, dude, I´ve seen it at least twice

All-New Member

look
    i have been collecting for 35 years or so...
    college educated
    and street smart
    but i , more or less, do not understand the ending ....
    please explain

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I´ve seen in twitter some people are asking about Venditti´s run if it´s after Snyder´s run or final Snyder saga (Death Metal), Snyder said Venditti´s run is BEFORE his run (by the way, not a fan of the Venditti´s JL Roster, is the same from New 52! but only without Cyborg), with all Snyder´s flaws, I believe he did a better job than Venditti will make, I don´t like this whole first arc "Kryptonian Invasion", I mean... nothing new, dude, I´ve seen it at least twice
    I honestly think Madam Xanadu is a better fit than Hawkgirl she atleast brings a different power set to the League. I’ll give it a try before I judge it. Not a big fan on invasion storylines at this point either, it being Kryptonian isn’t anything new either.

Quote Originally Posted by JChunters View Post
    look
    i have been collecting for 35 years or so...
    college educated
    and street smart
    but i , more or less, do not understand the ending ....
    please explain
    Essentially if I got this down right, the plan to use Justice to defeat doom was never gonna work, it was “predestined” because doing that would only momentarily stop Perpetua but not rid the multiverse of her because the universe is divided and it was especially not gonna work because time is broken where events that are important and impact the comics are happening out of sequence or not in connection as they should, hence why Doomsday clock has happened and Young Justices return has happened but it’s been treated as separate or disconnected. But ultimately it makes the universe weaker to Perpetua and gives her chances to return

What this means is that if they want to truly stop Perpetua they have to fight to reestablish “everything”, however by doing this it will have effect on the universe itself and all history that has happened will suddenly be thrust upon the dc universe and will probably cause the aging and time jump required for the 5G story.

I think I got it but multiverse and hyper time shenanigans are really hard to follow at times.
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Based on DC's sales, I'd guess maybe many people?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Right there with you

Oh look, more metacommentary about how everything is too dark and cynical and how hope is important. Wonder how long it will take before DC walks back on this message.