Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody else tired of reboots every couple of years?
    Well, what fun are you? I suppose you're one of those people who want a "stable" continuity.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

I liked the idea of stories were open for everything and screw continuity. I don’t care if it all fits in continuity as long as stories aren’t hindered by retcons or reboots

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody else tired of reboots every couple of years?
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Well, what fun are you? I suppose you're one of those people who want a "stable" continuity.
    HEY there!

I'm one of those people who want a stable continuity.

And I vote that they keep rebooting until we get one! :P
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Oh look, more metacommentary about how everything is too dark and cynical and how hope is important. Wonder how long it will take before DC walks back on this message.
    Yeah, this is why I don't get invested anymore. The follow-through never exists and these guys end up looking like liars, and then we go through the whole cycle over again, except it's never as good as the last iteration. I'm done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Yeah, this is why I don't get invested anymore. The follow-through never exists and these guys end up looking like liars, and then we go through the whole cycle over again, except it's never as good as the last iteration. I'm done with it.
    Ok so I’m gonna be very careful how I say this because if not done right it can sound mean, but have you tried maybe another superhero universe? I’m not saying stop reading DC especially if you like the characters or some of the series, that’s why I’m still here and I have not been burnt out on anything because I genuinely like the crazy stories DC will tell and I’m interested to see what they do with this but with an understanding that I’ve only been reading for over 10 years and DC has just been rebooting and retconing pretty much since I started reading, like I think Final Crisis ended when I began. However if this is something truly bothering you and other readers there are alternatives. Personally I find it hard to read independent comics at times because I love an interconnected universes but I was able to find some good stuff in independents like Valiant or Lions forge Catalyst Prime event And maybe you’ll find something you’ll genuinely enjoy on the side. Just a thought, I mean nothing by it.

Personally I’m in for the long haul and I wait to see what Snyder’s doing next and what 5G will be like to determine if I’ll read anything.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-30-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Haven't been a fan of Snyder's non-Batman work (even within his Batman run, when he tried expanding beyond Batman himself).

The whole Metal event fell flat for me - I especially didn't enjoy the Batman who Laughs (who is now a persistent thing as opposed to a one time villain) as the font/color choices for his word balloons are hard to read. The ending of the Metal event that lead into his Justice League run didn't work for me (good guys win by wishing).

I didn't really follow his Justice League run, but the few I did weren't really my bag. Since the whole Doom War thing was being pushed DC-wide to other comics, I have JL another shot. Again, didn't really enjoy it - his story was all about failure and how it is all for naught. There didn't seem to be any point or pacing in the plot developments. And here with the ending, instead of the good guys winning by wishing, we have the good guys losing by being outvoted.

I think Snyder has interesting kernels of ideas, but isn't able to develop his stories into well paced plots. And he especially doesn't end his stories well.

BANNED

Reboots wouldn't happen if sales weren't down and people on top (Warner and now AT&T) insisted so over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Reboots wouldn't happen if sales weren't down and people on top (Warner and now AT&T) insisted so over the years.
    I dont know iirc N52 literally happened out of nowhere

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ok so I’m gonna be very careful how I say this because if not done right it can sound mean, but have you tried maybe another superhero universe? I’m not saying stop reading DC especially if you like the characters or some of the series, that’s why I’m still here and I have not been burnt out on anything because I genuinely like the crazy stories DC will tell and I’m interested to see what they do with this but with an understanding that I’ve only been reading for over 10 years and DC has just been rebooting and retconing pretty much since I started reading, like I think Final Crisis ended when I began. However if this is something truly bothering you and other readers there are alternatives. Personally I find it hard to read independent comics at times because I love an interconnected universes but I was able to find some good stuff in independents like Valiant or Lions forge Catalyst Prime event And maybe you’ll find something you’ll genuinely enjoy on the side. Just a thought, I mean nothing by it.

Personally I’m in for the long haul and I wait to see what Snyder’s doing next and what 5G will be like to determine if I’ll read anything.
    I would say on this that for every reason you highlighted I love the valiant books

Extraordinary Member

So can anybody tell me where this story is going to continue, and how this lines up with the Infected?

I mean in Justice League Supergirl was still normal.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-31-2020 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    So can anybody tell me where this story is going to continue, and how this lines up with the Infected?

I mean in Justice League Supergirl was still normal.
    I would assume it continues in Snyder's follow-up to Dark Nights: Metal. As for how it lines up. Well, that's a bit easier. It doesn't. Unless you take what the Quintessence are saying as everything we've seeing throughout the books are "simply" lots of Hypertime variations. So while we had City of Bane in Batman at a time where Batman shouldn't be present in Gotham due to the Doom War storyline or Flash being present in Central City or Wonder Woman being with Justice League Dark while being in her own book AND in Justice League at the same time, they all matter in the bigger picture even if the logically don't really line up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Pre flashpoint sales were down. And Warner wanted NU52.

So this was basically a three year bridge between Metal and whatever its sequel is going to be.

Feel a bit like it was a waste of time tbh. And this is certainly why DC's sales are flagging. This wasn't a complete run by a creative team - this was just an unnecessarily long interlude between events. Thanks for nothing basically.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Meh. While Priest IS top talent, I don't think his writing style works well for big brand titles. He works best with characters on the fringe cause there's more freedom there.
    I kinda agree, but have to say his Green Lantern was pretty good. His Hal, John and Guy were pretty good.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Warners threatened Didio's job if he didn't get the numbers up. A hard reboot was his Hail Mary option.
    Assassinate Putin!