Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Warners threatened Didio's job if he didn't get the numbers up. A hard reboot was his Hail Mary option.
    Was this because they were just starting the DCEU and they wanted to pull a Marvel where the comics started mirroring the movies?

It's because sales were in the tank. Also the concept of the DCEU wasn't a thing during the time. This was before 2011

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It's because sales were in the tank. Also the concept of the DCEU wasn't a thing during the time. This was before 2011
    But Man of Steel came out in 2013? Isn't that why they changed Superman's costume and all of that?

Amazing Member

I'm confused because the war with Lex is over in this book, but still going on in others, such as Hell Arisen and Action. Why couldn't DC at least delayed the JL storyline?

I've enjoyed this run, but all good things must come to an end and I look forward to the Encore: Snyder's capping off all 10 years of his superhero work and he and capullo decided to wrap it going out swinging like Butch and Sundance
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    But Man of Steel came out in 2013? Isn't that why they changed Superman's costume and all of that?
    New 52 was in 2011.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by gorosaurus View Post
    I'm confused because the war with Lex is over in this book, but still going on in others, such as Hell Arisen and Action. Why couldn't DC at least delayed the JL storyline?
    Hell Arisen is a direct sequel to this but with Batman who laughs vs Lex not JL vs Perpetua. I don’t know what Action Comics is or when it occurs.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Warners threatened Didio's job if he didn't get the numbers up. A hard reboot was his Hail Mary option.
    New 52 wasn't a hard reboot. Green Lantern and Batman weren't completely rebooted from scratch. New 52 was another half assed reboot like all of DC's other half assed reboots. That's why DC has always had continuity problems since Crisis on Infinite Earths because they completely reboot some things and don't completely reboot others.

Mighty Member

So in the end the Justice League lost and evil won. The door in the end is about stores im a little confused about what the door is.what is the door a do over.I hope not. Im just wondering what happens now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So in the end the Justice League lost and evil won. The door in the end is about stores im a little confused about what the door is.what is the door a do over.I hope not. Im just wondering what happens now
    My guess is that using the door fixes everything and plays a role in 5G.

Mighty Member

i want a interview about this

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    i want a interview about this
    Me too. That said I think it's really sad when a story ends in such a way that you have to hope for an interview that will help clarify what the hell happened.

Amazing Member

Lex is still merged with the Martian Manhunter in Hell Arisen, and in Action so they seem to precede this issue of JL. Also, the rest of the Legion of Doom is still active.

New 52 was in 2011.
    I know but wouldn't WB want to seed the new attitude, costumes, and status quo before the movie comes out? Marvel does this all the time; for example, Morbius is coming out soon and now we have a a new Morbius series.

But this could be my conspiracy theory

It was embarrassingly bad. I'm glad I checked out when Monitor Mommy showed up. I should have done it sooner. It's the same crappy "The heroes win PSYCH but fortunately there's this cosmic plot device here to help them get another chance" that constituted the one constantly-repeated plot point of No Justice and Metal.

It also doesn't help that Snyder ripped off Kingdom Hearts with the end. Just add in some J-pop.