Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    i want a interview about this
    I want an interview over why they keep giving Snyder work. Does he know where the bodies are buried or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    So this was basically a three year bridge between Metal and whatever its sequel is going to be.

Feel a bit like it was a waste of time tbh. And this is certainly why DC's sales are flagging. This wasn't a complete run by a creative team - this was just an unnecessarily long interlude between events. Thanks for nothing basically.
    It's so embarrassing that modern DC writers take 40 issues and two years to tell a story whereas in the past guys like Gardner Fox could do multiverse spanning stories in 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    We may have read different statements: I remember him taking the hit and sincerely opening up, specially to Damian and Wally fans, and going "okay, you hatyed it. What did I do wrong? what could I have done" (Then there's the editorial thing, sure, but I believe in him on that one).
    It was the same one you read probably. It was him talking about it on his blog. His initial response was to blame everyone but his own story and I think later he walked it back sort of after all the negative reaction, but didn't admit his story was bad or that he was wrong to write the characters like he did. Sort of deflected and shifted focus. Maybe now that we are so far removed from the story he said more on it later like how Snyder did with his Mr Freeze story when Snyder's immediate reaction was to defend it, but I don't remember ever reading him saying that the story was bad and he wrong the characters wrong.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    I want an interview over why they keep giving Snyder work. Does he know where the bodies are buried or something?
    LOL, lucky for you he recently tweeted that his Metal 2 will be his finale in the DC universe; however, he said he may do more superhero books in the future

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I know but wouldn't WB want to seed the new attitude, costumes, and status quo before the movie comes out? Marvel does this all the time; for example, Morbius is coming out soon and now we have a a new Morbius series.

But this could be my conspiracy theory
    Man of Steel wasn't made with the intention of launching a universe. This was retroactively done when BvS was being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, lucky for you he recently tweeted that his Metal 2 will be his finale in the DC universe; however, he said he may do more superhero books in the future
    I feel like that would be for the best. I feel like Scott's big problem has always been that he thinks he's Morrison uncovering the "secrets of the DC universe" but really just staples his OCs onto existing continuity. Morrison does Controllers and Dimension 0. Synder does Dark Multiverse and Perpetua. He's got the story of a multiverse to tell but I don't think it's the DC multiverse.

I think Didio had been wanting to reboot the DCU for a while before the New 52. He was kind of obsessed with wanting to make the main heroes younger as he felt they were getting too old. Then because sales were down before Flashpoint it gave him the opportunity to finally do it. I mean originally Flashpoint was never meant to lead into this big line wide reboot. I'm pretty sure right before Flashpoint they had teased Constantine coming to the DCU and were planning some story with him and a bunch of other things as well, but then all that got scrapped when the New 52 reboot got approved.

I feel like that would be for the best. I feel like Scott's big problem has always been that he thinks he's Morrison uncovering the "secrets of the DC universe" but really just staples his OCs onto existing continuity. Morrison does Controllers and Dimension 0. Synder does Dark Multiverse and Perpetua. He's got the story of a multiverse to tell but I don't think it's the DC multiverse.
    I absolutely agree; I read a interview with Snyder when he got the main Batman book where he said he was hugely influenced by Morrison's run and by Morrison in general so much so that Snyder's final Batman story The Last Knight on Earth was written because Morrison had told him that when you write Batman write an ending for him.

Astonishing Member

I ask this question about most of DC's current writers + editorial, especially Didio.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody else tired of reboots every couple of years?
    They are the worst x___x

It's literally gotten to the point where I can't (and don't) read DC's products anymore. It's actually a bunch of problems stacked on top of each other, but the events and reboots are really big ones. Apparently, the audience that DC has must want that stuff, but I don't like it, so I opted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    They are the worst x___x

It's literally gotten to the point where I can't (and don't) read DC's products anymore. It's actually a bunch of problems stacked on top of each other, but the events and reboots are really big ones. Apparently, the audience that DC has must want that stuff, but I don't like it, so I opted out.
    I read Dial H and The Green Lantern. That's it. Occasionally I ask my friends what's happening with Batman/Superman/JL and I cringe.

Gardner Fox solved every problem they created with their multiverse back with Flash of Two Worlds.

Would it kill them to stop trying to Frankenstein together continuities into one universe? Just make another.

BANNED

I read Dial H and The Green Lantern. That's it. Occasionally I ask my friends what's happening with Batman/Superman/JL and I cringe.

Gardner Fox solved every problem they created with their multiverse back with Flash of Two Worlds.

Would it kill them to stop trying to Frankenstein together continuities into one universe? Just make another.
    I've gotten tired of DC constantly trying to fix and organize its universes and making these different rules on how it works constantly...and making bad stories about this. The turtles all the way down mentality of creating EVEN BIGGER cosmic entities has also gotten kind of silly. What's also disturbing to me is that the company's main focus is on this type of silliness instead of telling compelling stories with their heroes in the heroes' own books. The heroes' stories often get derailed and take back seats to this type of stuff, and are often cancelled because of it if the story that was being told doesn't fit with some universe spanning vision that everything must coincide with. Essentially, regarding this particular issue, the focus is in the wrong places for my tastes. Only weirdo super fans who may even obsess over the wrong things (like who has the biggest penis in this universe, and what the pecking order is among the heroes, who is standing in the front in the group shot and such things) would be into this type of thing I think, and that's one big reason why kind of more "normal" folks just looking for an accessible good story that's coherent and makes sense often avoid comics entirely.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 01-31-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I've gotten tired of DC constantly trying to fix and organize its universes and making these different rules on how it works constantly...and making bad stories about this. The turtles all the way down mentality of creating EVEN BIGGER cosmic entities has also gotten kind of silly. What's also disturbing to me is that the company's main focus is on this type of silliness instead of telling compelling stories with their heroes in the heroes' own books. The heroes' stories often get derailed and take back seats to this type of stuff, and are often cancelled because of it if the story that was being told doesn't fit with some universe spanning vision that everything must coincide with. Essentially, regarding this particular issue, the focus is in the wrong places for my tastes. Only weirdo super fans who may even obsess over the wrong things (like who has the biggest penis in this universe, and what the pecking order is among the heroes, who is standing in the front in the group shot and such things) would be into this type of thing I think, and that's one big reason why kind of more "normal" folks just looking for an accessible good story that's coherent and makes sense often avoid comics entirely.
    It may be a over correction from the grimdark New 52 era. I don't mind sillyness even Morrison's JLA was silly but it was cohesive; currently DC is anything but.

I mean Morrison even worked in Lighting Superman with grace into his run; yet in Snyder's Justice League there are such big holes where you have to read multiple titles to know what the hell is going on.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    New 52 wasn't a hard reboot. Green Lantern and Batman weren't completely rebooted from scratch. New 52 was another half assed reboot like all of DC's other half assed reboots. That's why DC has always had continuity problems since Crisis on Infinite Earths because they completely reboot some things and don't completely reboot others.
    Yes, it was; New 52 kept Morrison's Batman and Geoff's GL in conitnuity, but that's it. I'm not disagreeing with you that it was messy: it was. But techincaly, it was hard reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It was the same one you read probably. It was him talking about it on his blog. His initial response was to blame everyone but his own story and I think later he walked it back sort of after all the negative reaction, but didn't admit his story was bad or that he was wrong to write the characters like he did. Sort of deflected and shifted focus. Maybe now that we are so far removed from the story he said more on it later like how Snyder did with his Mr Freeze story when Snyder's immediate reaction was to defend it, but I don't remember ever reading him saying that the story was bad and he wrong the characters wrong.
    I never got his energy from him (most of what I read was in his blog, yes). What I felt was that he was more like "okay, guys, tell me where I screwed up".

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think Didio had been wanting to reboot the DCU for a while before the New 52. He was kind of obsessed with wanting to make the main heroes younger as he felt they were getting too old. Then because sales were down before Flashpoint it gave him the opportunity to finally do it. I mean originally Flashpoint was never meant to lead into this big line wide reboot. I'm pretty sure right before Flashpoint they had teased Constantine coming to the DCU and were planning some story with him and a bunch of other things as well, but then all that got scrapped when the New 52 reboot got approved.
    You're correct here. There's a JMS interview out there where he says that, the only reason he accepted doing Supes and Wondy in the first place was because Didio told him they were rebooting anyway, so he could do whatever the hell he wanted.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yes, it was; New 52 kept Morrison's Batman and Geoff's GL in conitnuity, but that's it. I'm not disagreeing with you that it was messy: it was. But techincaly, it was hard reboot.
    That's not a hard reboot. In order for the New 52 to have been a hard reboot everything would have had to start over from Day 1