Starts from the preview with Beast talking about X-Force and Beast

Cuts to the recent past in Terra Verde where Xavier and Black Tom are about to give some drugs over to the President of Terra Verde in exchange of some humility . Black Tom is there so Black Tom can look after the professor so Black Tom doesn't get sad or angry again.

Plant sentinels attack but leave quickly, the president decides not to take the drugs and Sage, still cosplaying as Jubilee, watches TV and reveals they kidnapped the presidents son.

Beast and Jean go see the President and find out what the agriculture sentinels are.

Cut back to the present with X-Force fighting the Tree sentinels. They make quick work of them but Beast wants Jean to vaporise them so there are no survivors incase they evolve into something worse. Jean does it but tells Beast to not fucking patronise her again. She seems annoyed.

They get to the son who it turns out staged the whole thing as he's a Botanic sentinel too and it was all a ploy to get the treaty ended.

Beast tells some little white lies saying he'll cure the son of the plant stuff but in reality turns his brain into mush so he can't say anything anymore and the president remains indebted to Krakoa.

Final bit has the Presidents son mush out the window as a plant guy, looks like Beast didn't account for that.

X-Force remains the best book in terms of characterisation, plot, team use and general goodness. It's setting up some very interesting Beast stuff including him and Jean butting heads. I'm all for this Beast, he's trying to be careful and superior, but it will ultimately come back to bite him. BREAK OUT STAR BLACK TOM continues to amuse both Black Tom and me. The art is not as good as Cassara but remains still pretty good and thematically similar enough to the previous. I hope there is more Forge in the future.

5 out of 5 Black Toms