Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Lightbulb X-Force #6 - Intelligence review *spoilers*

Starts from the preview with Beast talking about X-Force and Beast

Cuts to the recent past in Terra Verde where Xavier and Black Tom are about to give some drugs over to the President of Terra Verde in exchange of some humility . Black Tom is there so Black Tom can look after the professor so Black Tom doesn't get sad or angry again.

Plant sentinels attack but leave quickly, the president decides not to take the drugs and Sage, still cosplaying as Jubilee, watches TV and reveals they kidnapped the presidents son.

Beast and Jean go see the President and find out what the agriculture sentinels are.

Cut back to the present with X-Force fighting the Tree sentinels. They make quick work of them but Beast wants Jean to vaporise them so there are no survivors incase they evolve into something worse. Jean does it but tells Beast to not fucking patronise her again. She seems annoyed.

They get to the son who it turns out staged the whole thing as he's a Botanic sentinel too and it was all a ploy to get the treaty ended.

Beast tells some little white lies saying he'll cure the son of the plant stuff but in reality turns his brain into mush so he can't say anything anymore and the president remains indebted to Krakoa.

Final bit has the Presidents son mush out the window as a plant guy, looks like Beast didn't account for that.

X-Force remains the best book in terms of characterisation, plot, team use and general goodness. It's setting up some very interesting Beast stuff including him and Jean butting heads. I'm all for this Beast, he's trying to be careful and superior, but it will ultimately come back to bite him. BREAK OUT STAR BLACK TOM continues to amuse both Black Tom and me. The art is not as good as Cassara but remains still pretty good and thematically similar enough to the previous. I hope there is more Forge in the future.

5 out of 5 Black Toms
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

So what does the X-Forum think of Beast turning a guy into vegetative state? And being so cocky about it.

BANNED

i feel vegan omega sentinels are brilliant and i cant wait for shenanigans, x-villains are having a renassaince as well

Does it seem out of character? Sadly, seems like "the ends justify *my* means" has been Hank's MO for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i feel vegan omega sentinels are brilliant and i cant wait for shenanigans, x-villains are having a renassaince as well
    I like the fact that a lot of this villains are a reaction to Krakoa. They're making people go mad and creating new adversaries on their own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I like the fact that a lot of this villains are a reaction to Krakoa. They're making people go mad and creating new adversaries on their own.
    I Love it quite honestly, the x-world was in dire need of fresh evil blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So what does the X-Forum think of Beast turning a guy into vegetative state? And being so cocky about it.
    Henry McCoy has always been an insufferable know-it-all who, even being brilliant, is far less cunning than he thinks he is due to being an overwhelmingly irritating ego maniac. The amount of times he’s “never been wrong” while in the very midst of fucking things up is just distasteful at this point. In other words, I’m not surprised. Electrocuting his furry ass in IvX was one of the best things Ororo has ever done as an X-leader imo

Extraordinary Member

I just don't get why people love Beast at all. Other characters who do what he does are complete villains or very grey anti-heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I Love it quite honestly, the x-world was in dire need of fresh evil blood.
    I like that everything they do spawns an evil group hahaha.

"Okay so we are creating a mutant nation..."

Russia and non-treaty nations: AH don't think so

"...and increasing mutant population..."

Orchis: what no, here's a Nimrod

"...and creating new biotech..."

Hordeculture: we can't quite hear what you're saying but nop.

"...and magic drugs..."

Terra Verde: we're angry now and we're doing magic drugs too.

"...that we're using to make money..."

Hominus Verendi: you should come and visit Madripoor.

"...and finally we're starting a new kind of magic"

Le Fey: Solemny triggered

Amazing Member

So like how did jean burn those things I’m confused I thought she couldn’t do that without the Phoenix

I love that right from the beginning Mutants are having to deal with a ton of unexpected consequences of their Krakoan decision.

I am interested in Beast's choice here...it is, as some have mentioned, in line with the recent trajectory of his character but it is definitely a change from earlier depictions. The consistency of the change seems to indicate that it is intentional and I will be interested to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    So like how did jean burn those things I’m confused I thought she couldn’t do that without the Phoenix
    Telekinetic atomic level pulling apart would be my guess.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    She used molecular tk to atomize them. She also used it to create those light balls

Great recap and review! Beast is playing with fire that's for sure and those new plant enemies seems interesting.

The confession of Charles Xavier is also something really troubling and shocking

Beast has the best intentions, but he souldn't be playing with other people lives that way.

Jean was great atomizing the veggies;

black tom was cool too, always so worried about Xavier