Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just don't get why people love Beast at all. Other characters who do what he does are complete villains or very grey anti-heroes.
    I think a lot of the love started with his Avengers time when he was a bouncing furry goofball. He hasn't been a good guy in a long while.

That said, the whole "I'm five steps ahead" and "I'm never wrong" felt really kind of corny and forced to me. I get they want to show arrogance and foreshadow, but it's so overwritten for a character that's been nothing but wrong for decades. I don't know, it just bugged me.

I do not understand the surprise of some with Beast. For me, he has remained the same since the beginning of the Bendis era, messing with space time or creating weapons of destruction with the Illuminatis. For me it is more difficult to believe that Jean is in X-force for example.

And considering the title of this comic and that all the great powers with their secret organizations do the same or worse, then logically Krakoa would be no different.

Of course, this does not prevent their secrets from coming back to torment them in the future as they do in real life.

As for Xavier the attack was real, he just took advantage of the situation to advance his plans in the direction he wanted.

It was very weak tbh. The ending was so predictable and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Telekinetic atomic level pulling apart would be my guess.
    Yeah looked like her usual tk powers. It was just the art/color interpretation that made it seem sort of fiery. I read it as just Jean using her tk to tear them up.

Mighty Member

This issue showed why Sage should be running the intelligence side of X-force. Beast is too much of an egomaniac.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just don't get why people love Beast at all. Other characters who do what he does are complete villains or very grey anti-heroes.
    Beast has always been just one bad day away from becoming Dark Beast from AoA. Personally I love it. He’s a megalomaniac and has been for some time. I’d say at least ever since his secondary mutation during Grant Morrison’s New X-men run.

This book is dark, yet lovely. My favorite of all the X-books right now.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another great issue. I'm impressed with how consistent Percy is with this series. Beast is so damn messy! Not shocked by his actions, or his over confidence. Jean was a real highlight this issue, and I loved her using her TK to destroy those plant sentinels.

So, that Xavier data page implied that he wanted to die to send a message to Krakoa. So he was purposely being careless so that Krakoa would come together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Beast has always been just one bad day away from becoming Dark Beast from AoA. Personally I love it. He’s a megalomaniac and has been for some time. I’d say at least ever since his secondary mutation during Grant Morrison’s New X-men run.

This book is dark, yet lovely. My favorite of all the X-books right now.
    I can definitely see the appeal from that, I do. But boy do I feel for all of the real Beast fans who were around when he wasn't so bad.

Did the last veggienel evolve into an homo plantissima?

Gorgon should’ve been there.

BANNED

Beast is been consistently insufferable as always. Eagerly waiting for for the next issue especially for Colossus and Domino.

Wow. Percy may be the strongest writer on the x-line right now. At least we can say he's the one that seems to get the character voices the most.

That issue had the best rendition of Beast since... 2008? Maybe that character isn't broken after all.

Don't #&%@ patronize me. Hank has become insanely interesting again.

Black Tom is King.

Charles allowed his death as many speculated. So much for the "how could they be so careless with security???" rants...

As a big fan of organic food, I find Telefloronics fascinating beyond description. An internal symbiosis with organic "medicine" to cure disease and to detox is brilliant. Percy is @*&! 'in brilliant.

El presidente me recuerda a mi padre. Mucho. Su apariencia y su ternura.

This issue was incredible. Poetry. And this badass is scary...

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Solid issue, as usual. Percy is so consistent in his work, it's really a pleasure to read this book. The characters voices feel right, and I devour each new book, waiting for the next as soon as I have finished the previous one. I hope Jonathan Hickman is happy too, because this is one of the best DoX book imo.

And I love his Black Tom. Who could know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Don't #&%@ patronize me. Hank has become insanely interesting again.

Black Tom is King.

Charles allowed his death as many speculated. So much for the "how could they be so careless with security???" rants...

As a big fan of organic food, I find Telefloronics fascinating beyond description. An internal symbiosis with organic "medicine" to cure disease and to detox is brilliant. Percy is @*&! 'in brilliant.

El presidente me recuerda a mi padre. Mucho. Su apariencia y su ternura.

This issue was incredible. Poetry. And this badass is scary...

Where's his dick?