Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

>Great issue!
    >Exceptional art. I've always loved Segovia's art, and it's a perfect continuation of the book's distinctive visual style especially coupled with the same colourist.
    >The Beast narration certainly sounded as self-importantly flaunting superior intellect as I'd expect from Hank. I'm very happy Percy didn't do Hank any favours by trying to make him relatable or seem justified, and had even Jean tell him off.
    >Jean atomizing the plant men was beautiful.
    >A country named Terra Verde that's into bleeding edge telefloronics? A bit too obvious, Percy.
    >The 616 is having an AI uprising but we've also got a potential army of Floronic Men thanks to the weaponization of the Man-Thing formula AND now these Terra Verde planimals, not to mention Krakoa's obvious organic technologies. Will the next Marvel war be against sentient plants?
    >Black Tom is so... wonderfully broken. And the irony of him calling someone else a derogatory term regarding being part plant! I laughed.
    >I felt deeply uncomfortable with X-Force's actions here but the Swamp Things could easily have become a threat not only to mutants but to the entire planet, so I guess they did the right thing even if for selfish reasons. Neutering another country's economy and possibly sending it back into civil war is otherwise distasteful. Well, it's still distasteful but there are higher stakes involved.
    >Did Charles let himself [and several other mutants] get violently murdered to prove a point? Bringing up Pearl Harbour [as the conspiracy theories would tell me] as an example just screams that it was allowed to happen for a 'greater good'. More security around Xavier at all times, more security on the island in general would have been ideal from the start, but now there's a tangible, traumatic reason for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How are Hordeculture and Terra Verde related? Because obviously it can't be coincidence.
    That's what I thought of as well. I feel in X-Men. It was stated there was pockets of scientist all over the world that were just like them.

This kind of falls into their brand.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    The loose Plantinel will probably ruin his master plan
    "Plantinel"! Love.

Nature is super resilient as we know so this Plantinel is going to be a problem.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

This was a very fun read. I love overconfident anti-hero Beast. It's pretty in character for him, considering how he's been written, but I like that he dropped the whole moral superiority act. Black Tom continues to be the best part of this book. It's also nice to know that, while he certainly didn't manipulate the process, Xavier's death was a part of his grand plan. The others did ok, but not as well as Beast and Tom. And the art is BEAUTIFUL.

8.5/10

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Oh Beast, you're the worst, never change.

Look forward to seeing what happens with the organic, locally sourced, farmer's market omega sentinel.

Beast was a beast this issue!

Mighty Member

Beast isn't the one narrating the story. Xavier is.

And, the naked guy with the red eyes at the end--that's Xavier. The "conductor" is Xavier. Hank is just a pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Beast isn't the one narrating the story. Xavier is.

And, the naked guy with the red eyes at the end--that's Xavier. The "conductor" is Xavier. Hank is just a pawn.
    The naked green guy with the red eyes is the unsuccessfully mind-wiped son of the president. Or worse, the human mind is wiped but the plant sentience has fully asserted itself.

And Hank is the narrator.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The naked green guy with the red eyes is the unsuccessfully mind-wiped son of the president. Or worse, the human mind is wiped but the plant sentience has fully asserted itself.
    We're supposed to initially THINK Hank is the narrator. Everything he's doing is at Xavier's direction. It goes with the "Xavier's Confession" text page.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "Plantinel"! Love.

Nature is super resilient as we know so this Plantinel is going to be a problem.
    True. I also wonder if they come in Cactus and Flower forms

BANNED

Piss off, Veggies!

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    We're supposed to initially THINK Hank is the narrator. Everything he's doing is at Xavier's direction. It goes with the "Xavier's Confession" text page.
    Hank is the narrator. We see Hank doing exactly what he narrates himself doing at several points. The data page isn’t part of his narration.

From Benjamin Percy's twitter account:

"I know about a secret about the authorship of the X-Force narrative data pages that you don't know. Your first hint is coming soon though..."

Source: https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/s...92493503553537

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

"I know about a secret about the authorship of the X-Force narrative data pages that you don't know. Your first hint is coming soon though..."

Beast is in cahoots with the homo florissima?

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

This man is full of secrets. Maybe it's Moira.

Oh crap, he's Logan!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!