Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well damnnnnnn. Percy is a lumberdilf.
    Same thought. So [not] ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Stephen Segovia's art with colors by Guru-eFX.
    I could have sworn it was Dean White. The colouring was so consistent with previous issues for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I actually picked this one up. I don't understand how the X-men aren't villains. That was vile. "For the good of the country" isn't good enough. And Hank going to 'we have to kill them all or else they will eventually become Omega Sentinels' is several massive leaps of logic, and its frankly the kind of logic the crazy racists usually use to justify wiping out mutantkind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just don't get why people love Beast at all. Other characters who do what he does are complete villains or very grey anti-heroes.
    I stopped liking Beast when Morrison took over. I loved him in Avengers, New Defenders, X-Factor, and Blue Team...

Has there been any explanation for the way Black Tom talks now? Is it Krakoa that did it to him or did something happen before that?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I actually picked this one up. I don't understand how the X-men aren't villains. That was vile. "For the good of the country" isn't good enough. And Hank going to 'we have to kill them all or else they will eventually become Omega Sentinels' is several massive leaps of logic, and its frankly the kind of logic the crazy racists usually use to justify wiping out mutantkind.
    Not all of them were on board though. In this issue we see how conflicted Jean was before and after obliterating the plant people. I think all hell will break loose when she and maybe Logan find out about Beast's antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Has there been any explanation for the way Black Tom talks now? Is it Krakoa that did it to him or did something happen before that?
    I think it's the Krakoa merging mindfuckery.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Not all of them were on board though. In this issue we see how conflicted Jean was before and after obliterating the plant people. I think all hell will break loose when she and maybe Logan find out about Beast's antics.
    Or they'll consider it just another Wednesday when you know Hank and go on with their lives.

I don't quite see the point in complaining about Hank's behavior when his questionable behavior IS the story. If you don't like the story, then that's something else.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Or they'll consider it just another Wednesday when you know Hank and go on with their lives.
    Sure, but Hank made her break the law she came up with. That has to make her a little bit mad

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I don't quite see the point in complaining about Hank's behavior when his questionable behavior IS the story. If you don't like the story, then that's something else.
    This is quite a few steps beyond 'questionable'. And Jean snapping at him doesn't change the fact that she still helped and did was she was told. Hell, she probably already knows everything because of her powers. If this is the kind of thing they're going to be doing on a regular basis, then I can't wait until Krakoa burns to the ground.

If this is the kind of thing they're going to be doing on a regular basis, then I can't wait until Krakoa burns to the ground.

Quiet Council: "Think of X-Force as our version of the CIA."

Hank: "Welp, time to mess up South America, I guess."

In fact, the issue had me listen to the Fugs again.

Last edited by Starfish; 01-29-2020 at 02:24 PM.

This is quite a few steps beyond 'questionable'. And Jean snapping at him doesn't change the fact that she still helped and did was she was told. Hell, she probably already knows everything because of her powers. If this is the kind of thing they're going to be doing on a regular basis, then I can't wait until Krakoa burns to the ground.
    Well, the plant monsters were going to kill her so it's not like they left her any choice. Also I doubt she knows. Because if she did, they would have just mindwiped the last guy instead of Beast accidentaly evolving him into a super plant Nimrod.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

X-Force is exempt from the laws established by Krakoa. Their entire premise is doing shady things to keep the Island, and its people safe. It's always going to be about things like this. Also, this idea isn't even unique to Krakoa. X-Force has been a black-ops team for a number of iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    X-Force is exempt from the laws established by Krakoa. Their entire premise is doing shady things to keep the Island, and its people safe. It's always going to be about things like this. Also, this idea isn't even unique to Krakoa. X-Force has been a black-ops team for a number of iterations.
    And in truth, they're taking pages from the human CIA's/MI6's/Others' books. I think we'd all be mortified to see and hear what really goes on with real life black-ops in the name of national security. Percy is doing a fine job *chef's kiss*

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

LOL. You thought they were villains before you picked it up.

These aren't the X-Men. Different book. It's an X-Force book featuring Beast. It lines up with past X-Force books, which have always been morally ambiguous, and past portrayals of Beast, who's been closer to a villain than hero for years.