Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    What have, like five years passed since Synch was dead? Everyone he knew is older than him. His love interest Monet St. Croix is a woman now and he's still a teenager, I can see how that'd be traumatic.
    The way Marvel times moves, I'd say 3-4 years is more like it. And can't they age him and Skin up a little? Give them a few years of telepathic maturation therapy(ala the Deadly Genesis characters)? That seems more ethical than just using him as an expendable tool because he's been 'left behind'.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

This issue was top notch and did so much for world building. I thought the information we were given about the resurrection protocols was massively important given some mutants long dead won't be brought back unless they can be brought back with a group (explains why we saw the Hellions but what does it mean for some other characters who have been dead since the 90s or earlier and don't have a group to be brought back with?). Sync and Laura got some nice characterization: the former is disturbed by the changed world that he hasn't aged at all in while the latter is Wolverine again and has an attitude about it. It was really smart of Hickman to plant the concern around Sync's age in an issue that ends with him aging a thousand years.

The X-line is (thankfully) doing new things with their classic rogues gallery and the Children of the Vault have just been waiting for a writer good enough to pick them up again. The scale, dread, and mystery was really sold by those four beautiful pages we saw of the Vault's entrance and the contrast between Sarafina's return and the X-men's break in (Sync's response sold it). I am really impressed by this issue because it's exactly what an X-men comic should be: mutants put into different combinations to handle a mission. The distraction team included mutants with big and flashy powers while the Vault team makes so much sense it makes me want to scream at Excalibur.

I am a big fan of one-and-done set-up issues in the flagship. Each issue has had a different feel, leaving me wanting more but also more different kinds. I eagerly anticipate the return of Summoners and Apocalypse' children, Hordeculture, and the Vault. But I am also dying for Mystique's issue next, and Nightcrawler's after that.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The way Marvel times moves, I'd say 3-4 years is more like it. And can't they age him and Skin up a little? Give them a few years of telepathic maturation therapy(ala the Deadly Genesis characters)? That seems more ethical than just using him as an expendable tool because he's been 'left behind'.
    Sounds completely unethical.

Extraordinary Member

Personally, my own timeline is that closer to six to seven years have passed. I know Marvel probably wouldn't accept this, but I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sounds completely unethical.
    Xavier over here doing false flag attacks and running a drug cartel with telepathic persuasion to make this nation work. We are far beyond ethical already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Personally, my own timeline is that closer to six to seven years have passed. I know Marvel probably wouldn't accept this, but I'm sticking to it.
    lol!

They said it's only been about 10 years since 1963. That works out to about 5.6 years real to one comic.

Xavier over here doing false flag attacks and running a drug cartel with telepathic persuasion to make this nation work. We are far beyond ethical already.
    That’s not a cartel. It’s Big Pharma, which is nothing like a criminal organisation that thrives on human misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    What have, like five years passed since Synch was dead? Everyone he knew is older than him. His love interest Monet St. Croix is a woman now and he's still a teenager, I can see how that'd be traumatic.
    He is not necessary a teenager,The resurrection process can put you at your correct age. Just coming back missing five years and realizing you died is traumatic

The way Marvel times moves, I'd say 3-4 years is more like it. And can't they age him and Skin up a little?
    well he'll be an old man by the time that he finishes this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He is not necessary a teenager,The resurrection process can put you at your correct age. Just coming back missing five years and realizing you died is traumatic
    Body aging is only for the body. The last thing xbooks needs are the situation of Hal jordan and alysia

There is a lot of ethical problems on krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    That’s not a cartel. It’s Big Pharma, which is nothing like a criminal organisation that thrives on human misery.
    There's a difference?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I was amazed by this artwork as well. Changing the background but keeping the three mutants in the same pose really sold the transition of the vault responding to their presence. I think it visually work in selling the oh '%*$@ moment'.

As I followed Hickman on his various runs, I read the issue thinking these Children were related to his Ultimates run, with a crazy Reed Richards creating a time bubble for his city and children of tomorrow.
    After reading some of the posts here, I now realize these aren't the same children. But I am excited that Hickman seems to be resurrecting that storyline and combining it with the one he created.
    I guess he liked the children of the vault concept (from what I know he is basically a x-fan and dc universe fan) and repurposed it for the ultimates run, after all it was ultimate so reinventing/reusing concepts from the prime universe was pretty common, and now he gets to use the originals because he is writing x-men and we can see the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I was amazed by this artwork as well. Changing the background but keeping the three mutants in the same pose really sold the transition of the vault responding to their presence. I think it visually work in selling the oh '%*$@ moment'.
    100% agreed. They were frozen by the sights and sounds as anyone would be. A very "wtf" moment. Masterful writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    This issue was top notch and did so much for world building. I thought the information we were given about the resurrection protocols was massively important given some mutants long dead won't be brought back unless they can be brought back with a group (explains why we saw the Hellions but what does it mean for some other characters who have been dead since the 90s or earlier and don't have a group to be brought back with?). Sync and Laura got some nice characterization: the former is disturbed by the changed world that he hasn't aged at all in while the latter is Wolverine again and has an attitude about it. It was really smart of Hickman to plant the concern around Sync's age in an issue that ends with him aging a thousand years.

The X-line is (thankfully) doing new things with their classic rogues gallery and the Children of the Vault have just been waiting for a writer good enough to pick them up again. The scale, dread, and mystery was really sold by those four beautiful pages we saw of the Vault's entrance and the contrast between Sarafina's return and the X-men's break in (Sync's response sold it). I am really impressed by this issue because it's exactly what an X-men comic should be: mutants put into different combinations to handle a mission. The distraction team included mutants with big and flashy powers while the Vault team makes so much sense it makes me want to scream at Excalibur.

I am a big fan of one-and-done set-up issues in the flagship. Each issue has had a different feel, leaving me wanting more but also more different kinds. I eagerly anticipate the return of Summoners and Apocalypse' children, Hordeculture, and the Vault. But I am also dying for Mystique's issue next, and Nightcrawler's after that.
    It's like you sat on my brain and scooped up every thought and emotion about this issue. Well said.

Well now, he let himself be killed. He didn't exactly set it all up.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Stupid question (I have not read an x-book in years):

Why the hell can't the X-Men just...I dunno, nuke the vault or something. That makes more sense than sending valuable troops on a suicide mission (that the resurrection McGuffin might not be able to fix).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

The vault isnt there, that is only the door. the city exist in other dimension