Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I wonder how Gabby is handling Laura being gone?

great issue. only thing is I wish we got to see more of what the team is actually doing inside the vault..so much awesome set up and now we wait ;( if the followup is this good I don't mind tho
    amazing art. so many gorgeous panels, especially inside the vault. Silva draws storm's powers like no other. He also rendered Armor's "armor" in a really cool way, great flow to his action sequences........can he do anything wrong???
    semantic question: how is Laura in this and Fallen Angels? And why is she Wolverine here and not there? Continuity wise its just a little weird. I like seeing her as Wolverine here though so no complaints. her a Logan were so cute here idc idc.
    I think other people pointed this out already but damn talk about perfect use of a data page. So interested in seeing where Hickman takes Synch. Considering Skin is gonna show up in NM pretty soon I wonder if we'll learn more

This was pretty heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Sinister animals, sheep.
    Not in the same class as ducks, obviously, but never underestimate them.
    They'll pull the wool over your eyes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I didn't quite understand what Armor was doing on the mission until I saw now her armor is fucking huge. Yeah, THAT'S a distraction.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I didn't quite understand what Armor was doing on the mission until I saw now her armor is fucking huge. Yeah, THAT'S a distraction.
    She's a walking neon sign.
    perfect for drawing attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Actually, it makes sense - she's not giving the mission briefing, she's part of the mission.
    She's part of the distraction team, so having her be there while the mission briefing is going on - and making her comments on it - is only logical.

Having her be part of the distraction team also makes a ton of sense, given that she's a 50 foot tall neon sign that screams "Hey, notice me" when she wants to be.
    Agreed 100%. Plus I'm fine with her getting a "glow up" and being brought in as a junior leader. But yes, it was all of the mutants on the mission that were present.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Rogue and Iceman should have been at that briefing tbh.
    Pretty much. Heck, considering how much they hate her, they should've either used her as a distraction or had her get into the vault herself.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Pretty much. Heck, considering how much they hate her, they should've either used her as a distraction or had her get into the vault herself.
    The distraction was with automatic defense systems, which simply do not care about Iceman or Rogue.

And Rogue drains energy when she drains another's powers, so she is less suitable than Synch in this mission. I don't know if Darwin and Rogue have ever met but Darwin would probably adapt to be immune to Rogue.

Considering how much who hates her?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This was the only thing that didn’t work about the issue. Armor giving a mission briefing with Cyclops, Storm and Logan, yeah I don’t think so. I thought Hickman was above trying to impress Whedon.
    I saw this as relating to the data page about Synch's mental state. She's a younger mutant who wasn't even a student yet when Synch died, and she's gone through the process of becoming a full-fledged X-Men in the period he was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Considering how much who hates her?
    The Children of the Vault. Rogue's foiled their plans twice now.

The Children of the Vault. Rogue's foiled their plans twice now.
    As I understand it they summoned her but she was in the hot tub with Remy.

BANNED

This was great from start to finish.

The art was absolutely stellar. I'm glad to see Silva and Gracia bringing the quality they gave us in Powers of X. Everyone and everything were looking gorgeous

The dialogue and overall plot is also on par with what HoX/PoX and last issue presented, so Hickman keeps delivering.

The data page was really interesting. It's a nice acknowledgement of the issues a person like Everett, who spent so many years dead while his peers grew, would have when brought back to life. He was brought with a purpose in mind, but in the end his and Skin's need for a friend were actually relevant to the process. That's very cool.

Treating the Children of the Vault as a relevant threat was smart. These guys are no joke and, considering what Moira already saw, they can't go easy on them. The whole plan was solid and I'm curious to see the payoff.

My only gripe would be Cyclops' reaction in the end. I understand that was Scott, not Cyclops, the captain commander, worrying over his people, but I kind of wish they showed him a bit more hesitant when debriefing the team at the beginning, so the realization of what the mission is could be a better payoff. But it doesn't detract from the issue at all. It's nice to see another human touch to his reactions. Hickman's writing of him has been consistently good.

9/10. My favorite book of the week alongside Hulk and glorious XEMNU

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was a great issue, Silva was a massive improvement over Yu. Although, it is a little frustrating that it felt so brief and will not be continued for some time. I wonder if those spin-off rumors are true.

Loved seeing Synch back, was hoping for a bit more of a power display though, and it's too bad hearing he's having a rough transition back to living.

At the end were Cyke and Xavier just addressing how long they've been in the Vault so far, or did one of them make it out and get downloaded by Cerebro and that's why they were stating a time frame?